MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I'm finally going for it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author I'm finally going for it.
science
After years of procrastinating and trying to convince myself that I didn't like anything about the 200e, I will be ordering my first 200e system this week Mr. Green

I've decided to go with the 227e after all. Basically going with system 1 from the Buchla site with a couple changes...

201e - 18
225e
227e
258v
260e
281e
291e
292e

...and now I order, and go insane waiting.
bartlebooth
Congratulations!! applause what could be better to wait for?
prscrptn
Woot! Woot! Woot!
Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance Dono-Kun Dance
felix
Congrats!! w00t
Heathfinnie
awesome!
550b
Congratulations!

I decided to fight 'waiting insanity' by dedicating myself to things I will most likely neglect once the Buchla arrives: reading, playing other instruments, fresh air, human contact, etc. It's kinda working.

Sort of.
science
Chicago is going to have quite a few 200e systems Mr. Green

I'll be fighting insanity by playing my other neglected synths and continuing to build and enjoy my new euro system.
science
...and hopefully healing up a bit more from surgery and finally getting some skydives in this season.
panda30y
science wrote:
Chicago is going to have quite a few 200e systems Mr. Green

I'll be fighting insanity by playing my other neglected synths and continuing to build and enjoy my new euro system.

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

In a fall Chicago modular meetup, we're having a Buchla threesome.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING
panda30y
Well that is if the other two buchla owners make it out, and Don ships you your system by then... sad banana
science
Dueling bongos? SlayerBadger!
Lyonel
thumbs up applause w00t
amnesia
Congrats you will be a happy camper
wetterberg
science wrote:
Dueling bongos? SlayerBadger!
I chuckled at that one, I must say!!! applause

Congrats! here's a weird non-normal Buchla video for ya you absolutely have to watch the very end of this!!!
xpander
damn, buchla should be giving muff some kick-back: this forum breeds 200e ownership!
ex_dead_teenager
that video was cool.

Also I think peer-pressure breeds Buchla ownership this forum just provides a medium by which people from all over the world can tempt each other with rad gear.

I hope you enjoy your new system once it arives. If I were you I'd be climbing up the wall in anticipation.
Rockin' Banana!
science
Peer pressure?

The only person who influenced my decision to buy a 200e was myself. A few here who answered questions I had about modules, and recorded raw samples of the 258v for me, influenced a couple of my module choices.
ex_dead_teenager
I was mostly joking about the peer pressure thing. Dead Banana
science
Decided at the last minute to get rid of the 260e and add a 266e. My deposit check is now in the mail Mr. Green
prscrptn
good move, i have not used the 260e but the 266e is one of my favorite modules...

Rasta-nana Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
xpander
+1 on the SofU, i use mine enough to justify eventually buying a second. i just ordered 4 more modules for my system, that'll make it pretty fierce.
wetterberg
werd? Lay it on us, what will the final layout be?

a (lives vicariously through this forum)
science
wetterberg wrote:
werd? Lay it on us, what will the final layout be?

a (lives vicariously through this forum)

201e - 18
225e
227e
258v
266e
281e
291e
292e
science
My studio has been a bit of a clusterfuck for a long time now. I actually blame the amount of gear I had at one time for my long time break from working with music or synths at all. It became a job just to make everything work together.

Now that I've got the 200e on the way and am building a decently function packed euro system, and a tiny 6 panel modcan system, I think I'll be perfectly happy selling off all but my favorite pieces. Less gear = more focus and more music.
felix
science wrote:
Now that I've got the 200e on the way and am building a decently function packed euro system, and a tiny 6 panel modcan system, I think I'll be perfectly happy selling off all but my favorite pieces. Less gear = more focus and more music.

i must say that this has been part of the appeal of the 200e to me. There's a limit, to a certain degree, of what you can get, either financially or module selection (or both). You don't have hundreds of modules and possibilities taunting you.

Now, I realize that's an issue with me, not my system/format. But sometimes an alcoholic just needs to stay away from bars to keep from drinking. If you catch my drift.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2