MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I'm finally going for it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author I'm finally going for it.
xpander
felix wrote:
But sometimes an alcoholic just needs to stay away from bars to keep from drinking. If you catch my drift.

hihi

when my second batch of modules comes in you should check out the 200e to convince yourself you don't need one. Guinness ftw!
felix
xpander wrote:
felix wrote:
But sometimes an alcoholic just needs to stay away from bars to keep from drinking. If you catch my drift.

hihi

when my second batch of modules comes in you should check out the 200e to convince yourself you don't need one. Guinness ftw!

I will take you up on that, most definitely! w00t
science
Everything is in order... paid Mark for my 258v, and sent a check to Don. Day one after sending everything and I'm already getting impatient hyper
Lyonel
science wrote:
Everything is in order... paid Mark for my 258v, and sent a check to Don. Day one after sending everything and I'm already getting impatient hyper

You're not alone ! hyper
mono-poly
I wanna get impatient to!
Roycie Roller
science wrote:

How did you get in contact with Mark?
cbm
Roycie Roller wrote:
How did you get in contact with Mark?

Mark posts his address in this thread on his blog:
http://buchlatech.blogspot.com/2008/11/getting-my-modules-together.htm l
Roycie Roller
Thanks!
fluxivity
is verbos still taking orders for a 258. I got a small buchla system and the sound of the 261 is a little hard to love. iTs great having so much in so little space, but I need some flavor from the oscillator
science
I gave in and broke my spending limit... just added a 261e to my order, and might be adding a 250e hyper

Good thing I went with the 18 panel cabinet Mr. Green
prscrptn
good move, i'm about to order a 285e/297... just trying to figure out which one! seriously, i just don't get it
550b
science wrote:
I gave in and broke my spending limit...

That reminds me of my Buchla planning phase. I started with the 'couple modules at first, add more eventually' model. Slowly, my limit kept rising, a module at a time, until I had a whole system on order. Not that I regret it....

science wrote:
might be adding a 250e hyper

don h
the 297e does have the envelope follower, if that adds to the equation.
Don't quite know how you feel about normal use of phase shifters,
I've found they make great feedback elements...

The 285e has an extra signal generator, which I think may respond differently to audio rate fm.
Plus frequency shifting/ring mod is fun in feedback as well.

prscrptn wrote:
good move, i'm about to order a 285e/297... just trying to figure out which one! seriously, i just don't get it
don h
science wrote:
I gave in and broke my spending limit... just added a 261e to my order, and might be adding a 250e hyper

Good thing I went with the 18 panel cabinet Mr. Green

I think you'd want the 250e, they are really fun.
You have in addition to the usual sequencing features, programmability, cv stage addressing, stages can be set to output cv or a sampled cv.
Very playable.
science
I'm thinking you're right on the 250e.

Current order:
225e
227e
261e
266e
281e
291e
292e

258v

I'll probably add a 256e before the 250e, but knowing myself, I doubt I'll be able to hold off long without accidentally ordering a 250e.

Also considering adding adding a 254 to my current 258v order with Mark. His 263 sounds interesting as well.
citizen mori
science wrote:
His 263 sounds interesting as well.

do you mean 243?
science
No, I mean 263 quantizer/shift register.
dougcl
science wrote:

Is there a listing of Verbos modules and perchance a bunch of nice straight-on images?
citizen mori
science wrote:

ahh, the one off he did for reed and himself, right... this module was done quite some time ago! i was under the impression he hadn't made others since.

for others to see with ease:

Lyonel
Could someone enlighten me about the downward part of this 263v,
Don't quite understand all those ins and outs. hmmm.....
citizen mori
Lyonel wrote:
Could someone enlighten me about the downward part of this 263v,
Don't quite understand all those ins and outs. hmmm.....

certainly!

i have not used this particular module in person, but...

each channel takes a cv input and quantizes it to chromatic scale and presents that quantized voltage as an output. input can of course be a function like an envelope, a sequence, any voltage at all.

most quantizers i have used require some form of trigger to tell the circuit to resample the input. note that the number of quantizer inputs matches the quantity of shift register outputs... this leads me to suspect that the quantizers aren't related to the pulse inputs on the shift registers, and instead function as a track and hold.
Lyonel
Thanks mori !
Interesting things could be done with that.
science
citizen mori wrote:
science wrote:

ahh, the one off he did for reed and himself, right... this module was done quite some time ago! i was under the impression he hadn't made others since.

I'm not sure he has. He mentioned to me that it was being redesigned, and pricing was TBA. Looking forward to hearing more from him once it's ready, though.
momo
Wow cool. I'm sure the redesigned version will feature silk screening rather than CNC milled lettering too.
prscrptn
momo wrote:
Wow cool. I'm sure the redesigned version will feature silk screening rather than CNC milled lettering too.

yes, there were some concerns about the print method used, but still a great module!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2