MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Acidlab Bassline 3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Acidlab Bassline 3
DT
Anyone got this?

I'm thinking about getting one but I'd like to have some direct feedbacks first...
I read here the Bassline 2 was a bit hard to program.
I'm wondering if they had a new sequencer and maybe new sound circuits too.

thumbs up
DT
no one?
hmmm.....
qu.one
don't have one, but i do have a x0xb0x and think its awex0me hihi

have you ever programmed a 303 or 202? it's pretty straightforward actually, especially a 303. the 202's sequencer is much more robust.

looking at the Bassline 2 and 3, the sequencer on each looks very similar to each other.
kuxaan-sum
B2 is easy to program.
The 1st one had a note wheel(dial) you had to use when programming.

I am curious how a B2 and B3 compare side by side.
I mean...what technically is different between sequencer and circuits.
DT
qu.one wrote:
don't have one, but i do have a x0xb0x and think its awex0me hihi

have you ever programmed a 303 or 202? it's pretty straightforward actually, especially a 303. the 202's sequencer is much more robust.

looking at the Bassline 2 and 3, the sequencer on each looks very similar to each other.

Thanks!

I just programmed a borrowed 303 once, but I'm assuming the B3 is slighty different.

Will see if some Wigglers got one lately!
: )
DT
kuxaan-sum wrote:

I am curious how a B2 and B3 compare side by side.
I mean...what technically is different between sequencer and circuits.

In fact!
Me too!
gosh
no good if you want the sequencer but I have a brand new acidlab bombass for sale. It's basically the bassline 3 with a whole load of great sounding mods. Sounds ace but I'm bagging another tres expensive monosynth and can't afford to keep!
Uk based...

PM if interested.
wintchil
I've read in some german forums that the bassline 3 supossedly is closer to the original 303 with new sound circuits and that the sequencer has been improved to be closer to the original.
well2thebone
Acidlab stuff has always looked cool to me. Wondering as well...
Erase
Its great
DT
BUMP!

I'm about to get one. Any users here?
acidbob
I only had a bombass, it sounded ok i guess but i sold it to get a xoxbox, which I am glad i did.

I also heard that the B3 has got some seq (tap notes on the fly). Improvements and sounds better.

I wish my xoxbox had a reso and cutoff cv input, that would be awesome.

Good luck with your B3, Klaus is a really nice guy, if any trouble should come up.

Could you post an example and your opinion when you get it?
DT
Thanks for your reply acidbob!

OK, I'll do but honestly I'm still thinking about it.
I prefer to hear some B3 solos before and some direct experiences.
flo
I have a B2 and the sequencer is ultra easy to program, much more convenient than a 303 (though I love to program my 303). Acidbob, tapping notes was already available in the B2 sequencer. Acidlab stuff with sequencers are also midi-sync24 converters BTW, and the Basslines have an external audio input as well as a filter cv input.

Can't comment much on the sound of the B3, but the B2 surely does sound different than a 303. The square wave gets quite close, but the saw is nothing like the original. Resonance sounds different as well. Also, the sequencer acts differently than a 303, which makes a lot of the sound (maybe that's changed in the B3 as well).

I have to admit that I use it mainly as a sequencer. It definitely sounds great and is a cool synth by itself and Klaus is a really nice guy, but it is not a 303. If you want to get as close to the original as possible, a x0xb0x is the way to go (or an original of course) - but if you plan to get an assembled one, do some research - there's one assembler that does a shitty job, just can't remember who it was hmmm..... did a side by side comparison of 303, AL B2 and two different x0xb0xes once (a friend owned two x0xes), all sounded differently, one of the x0x really crappy...

I guess in the end it comes down to what exactly you want from the synth...?

Cheers!
Xmit
^

yep, all good points.

I have a mk 3 - I also owned 2 x mk I units some years ago.

The sound of the mK3 is much more like a 303, but a 303 it aint. This was never Klaus's mission though - he wanted to add another 'acid palette' I think & personally the B3 is stunning machine. You can get near as dammit 303 cloning if you want, but there's much more. The sequencer is superb & I use mine primarily as a fantastic CV & gate pattern sequencer. But the CV input on the filer cutoff adds another dimension if you are using the internal synth & I personally think this gives the B3 the edge over an XoXboX unless it's exact 303 emulation you're after. Build quality & feature set are both superb & I think for the money it's pretty unbeatable. Recommended.
Hainbach
I had a x0xb0x from x0xsource and I thought it sounded boring, especially compared to a real 303. It wasn't a faulty unit, on closer inspection most online demos sounded like it. A little flat, not much character, uninspiring resonance. The sequencer is great, though.

I tried the Acidlab at Schneiders and was immediately more into the sound and also the built quality. Its not a 303, but it seemed cool in its own way. Fun little machine. I'd be more into the Leploop, though. That thing is weird.
DT
More opinions?
flo
Well, what else would you like to know? And what is it exactly that you're after, 303 emulation or just a nice self contained synth?

Maybe this shootout is interesting for you:

http://www.acidvoice.com/#best_clones
wintchil
The problem with that acidvoice test is that it's not using the Acidlab Bassline III in the test.

They need to do a new test using the Bassline III and the cyclone bass bot.
DT
I want a 303 clone, close to original and I want it to be EASY to program, possibly having gate/cv outs to use it as an external seq to and with an audio in, for processing.

I'd like to know which are the improvements between B2 and B3 by Acidlab.
DT
wintchil wrote:
The problem with that acidvoice test is that it's not using the Acidlab Bassline III in the test.

They need to do a new test using the Bassline III and the cyclone bass bot.

Infact. I would love to hear demos of the Bassline 3 ONLY.
No drums, no fx.
flo
Alright then...

I quickly checked the manual of the B3 and to be honest, I didn't see any changes in the sequencer hmmm..... Maybe I forget something though, but I thought I'd know my B2 inside out. Probably it's best to send Klaus an email and ask what's new...?

Regarding sound, he'll just tell you that it's improved to approximate the original better I guess wink I have no idea how it sounds compared to B2 and there are no user demos on the acidlab page (the latest two demos are mine, I sent them to him something like four years ago or so...) - there are a few vids though...

I always had the impression that well built x0xb0xes might actually sound closest to the real deal, but you're missing out the external input ("mix in" on x0xb0xes and 303s are NOT before the filter, never understood why they kept that on the x0xb0x, it made sense for the original though).

Regarding ease of programming, virtually all clones are easy IME. Only the original is cumbersome. Which admittedly also makes a lot of its charm IMO, I love to program it...

Hope that helps a little bit,

Cheers! nanners
acealive
I have a Bassline 3.
I also had a xoxbox from xoxshop.de but I sold it, I thought it sounded a bit to sterile for my taste.
I liked the xoxbox sequencer with SokkOS a bit more than the BL3 sequencer though, as you could set it to half tempo, which was kinda cool.
But sound is more important.
Haven't done any acid music in a long time though, dunno if I will keep the BL3 forever.
DT
flo wrote:
Alright then...

I quickly checked the manual of the B3 and to be honest, I didn't see any changes in the sequencer hmmm..... Maybe I forget something though, but I thought I'd know my B2 inside out. Probably it's best to send Klaus an email and ask what's new...?

Regarding sound, he'll just tell you that it's improved to approximate the original better I guess wink I have no idea how it sounds compared to B2 and there are no user demos on the acidlab page (the latest two demos are mine, I sent them to him something like four years ago or so...) - there are a few vids though...

I always had the impression that well built x0xb0xes might actually sound closest to the real deal, but you're missing out the external input ("mix in" on x0xb0xes and 303s are NOT before the filter, never understood why they kept that on the x0xb0x, it made sense for the original though).

Regarding ease of programming, virtually all clones are easy IME. Only the original is cumbersome. Which admittedly also makes a lot of its charm IMO, I love to program it...

Hope that helps a little bit,

Cheers! nanners

Thank you very much.
I will contact Klaus to be enlightened about the difference between the two boxes.

thumbs up
DT
acealive wrote:
I have a Bassline 3.
I also had a xoxbox from xoxshop.de but I sold it, I thought it sounded a bit to sterile for my taste.
I liked the xoxbox sequencer with SokkOS a bit more than the BL3 sequencer though, as you could set it to half tempo, which was kinda cool.
But sound is more important.
Haven't done any acid music in a long time though, dunno if I will keep the BL3 forever.

Cool!
Could you make some patterns of BL3 ONLY (no eternal sounds or effects), please?

Thanks in advance,
looking forward to your reply
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3