MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VIDEONICS Digital Video Equalizer VE-1A Manual?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author VIDEONICS Digital Video Equalizer VE-1A Manual?
HowFeathersServeBirds
Dosn anyone know where I can download a pdf. manual for the VIDEONICS Digital Video Equalizer VE-1A? I've been Googling for two days now with no luck. Thanks.

P.S. I've also been looking for a Korg Kaptivator for about a year now, might finally break down and just get an Edirol P-10 though. Just thought I would mention it as a last ditch effort.
lizlarsen
Video gear manuals can be very difficult to track down. I don't really have any leads for you there, but just wanted to say, welcome to the forum!!
barto
do you have any specific questions regarding it? ive used one of those for a bit
bitSmasher
I have one, in a packing box... somewhere... hmmm.....
I'm busy for the next few days but if you email me rik (dot) bitsmasher (at) gmail later in the week to remind me I'll try and dig it up and scan for you.
HowFeathersServeBirds
barto wrote:
do you have any specific questions regarding it? ive used one of those for a bit

I just got about 30 VTL5C1 Vectrols for next to nothing form a local electronics junk/thrift store and I wanted to mod the unit to have some ext. CV over some of the controls and thought it might be a good idea to review any technical specs. I could find before cracking the thing open.

Does anyone have a circuit that has worked well for them for driving vectrols? I'm thinking of using LM324s because I have a ton of them, they are single supply and they are rail-to-rail (well...near) op-amps.

Not sure how I want to go about powering it. I was thinking about tapping the power from the Videonics supply then uusing a 5V regulator for the CV driver/vectrol board, not sure if that is even necessary though. Going to just breadboard it up and see through trail and error I suppose.

Chris
giorgio
the manual doesn't have much in the way of tech specs. I think we have one around here somewhere, there are like 4 of these things btwn all of us here
HowFeathersServeBirds
giorgio wrote:
the manual doesn't have much in the way of tech specs. I think we have one around here somewhere, there are like 4 of these things btwn all of us here

What is the "control" input all about? Does anyone know what its for? Also, why does it have to sets of audio ins VCR Audio in" and then "Music in"? Is it just for dubbing and mixing something like that? Thanks all.
smrl
http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/WoggleBug/WOGGLSCH.GIF

Look at what Grant did here - doesn't get much simpler than a transistor and a couple of resistors. You could omit the pot and the 51k resistor if you didn't want a manual control. The above schematic is driving two LED's in series and is expecting 15v supplies... Could be adjusted accordingly.
daverj
HowFeathersServeBirds wrote:
giorgio wrote:

What is the "control" input all about? Does anyone know what its for? Also, why does it have to sets of audio ins VCR Audio in" and then "Music in"? Is it just for dubbing and mixing something like that? Thanks all.

I've never used one of these, but a number of Videonics devices have GPI ports marked "Control" that are used to trigger something inside the device. I believe their normal wiring for the GPI Control jack is to use a stereo mini plug with the "Ring" left disconnected and a switch or GPI port connected between the ground and the "Tip" pin of the connector. A GPI port is typically a relay or switch that connects the two points together. Some of the more advanced Videonics devices also had a sort of serial port included on the Control connector, which would set internal parameters. But I suspect this one probably just has the GPI port. I think the serial port stuff was used on the fancier devices like the MX-1.

It's probably not a good idea to simply plug control voltages into the Control connector. I think you would want to build an interface that had a transistor between them, with the emitter to ground, the collector to the Control pin, and a resistor between the base and the external signal. You'd also need a protection diode on the base of the transistor to keep it from being damaged by external voltages. If you don't understand what I just said, then maybe best to stick with just a push button switch connected to that connector.

As for the audio, If you look at the front panel controls it has an audio mixer for mixing several audio sources such as a microphone, the sound from the VCR, and "Music". The Music input being a CD or cassette player providing some kind of background music or sound that you want to mix with your other sounds.
Arturo00
Hey folks. Anyone here know what the main differences are between the VE-1 and VE-1A? Other than the PSU...
HeWhoWantsJeans
I realize that I am bumping a LONG DEAD THREAD but it seems this manual is stupid hard to find and we just happened to buy a Video Equalizer that came with the manual, so I scanned every page and put it on Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B24IXFdF7G1CRzRZdTd2ZHJZd3c
FetidEye
good job!
wednesdayayay
thank you very much

the most useful thing I think is the RGB additive colorizing page
great info
Branko
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
I realize that I am bumping a LONG DEAD THREAD but it seems this manual is stupid hard to find and we just happened to buy a Video Equalizer that came with the manual, so I scanned every page and put it on Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B24IXFdF7G1CRzRZdTd2ZHJZd3c

Bumping this LONG DEAD THREAD to say thank you!

Just finished circuit bending my VE-1 and the Paintbrush really makes it sing. I would have been totally confused about using that function, but the manual really helped me out!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1