MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Iris is looking good
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Iris is looking good
bodo

Love me some spectral mangling, this looks quite interesting as it does resampling & spectral analysis in a very playable way.
VomitFlowers
Saw this today and was going to ask if anyone has taken the plunge yet. Was about to go the Metasynth route, but am seriously reconsidering now (the price of Iris does not hurt nearly as much either...)
poppinger
As an avid fan of unabashedly digital synths, I think I'll have to check this out. Looks awesome.
criticalmonkey
can't wait to see how far they'll let you go
jonah
Is the $149 price a time limited special offer? I see 249 crossed out, but that's usually done with the MSRP and they are manufacturers.
bodo
Yes, it's a time limited special offer. Metasynth still has another couple of tricks up its sleeve, but this seems more playable, not to mention you can use it as a plugin.
richard
I am extremely tempted
Morley
Damn...might have to go for this. Really seems interesting.
phonodyne
jonah wrote:
Is the $149 price a time limited special offer? I see 249 crossed out, but that's usually done with the MSRP and they are manufacturers.

Discount is good until 4th May.

It's fun this, isn't it? I've been messing around with the demo this evening. It's a relatively simple toolkit (compared to something like Alchemy) but sculpting sounds with the layers is very immediate and satisfying.
pulse_divider
I'm a big fan of the Izotope stuff in general. Their stuff sounds great and the interface always seems to me to be a good blend of user-friendly and very deep.
This looks like the Spectral Repair technology from RX2 applied to resynthesis/music creation as opposed to the restoration focus of RX2.
I run a recording studio and RX2 is probably the most useful tool I've ever bought, it's made a bigger difference in my recording/mixing than anything else I can think of.

I'm excited to try it, downloading the demo.
ignatius
gonna check out the demo but i have metasynth and alchemy so not sure what this will offer other than ease of use.

alchemy kind of does everything and pretty damn well too.. just takes some time getting used to its UI conventions.
transistor logic
nice , i need a good sampler . you guys think this might have some granular tools ? i wonder if it could be useful as a rhythm instrument .

might have to try this out
criticalmonkey
tested it today

cool
kinda didn't really go far enough for me but what they did do sounds great

i wish it would allow gain control over sections rather than just removal - like in RX
i wish they'd allow bits to be moved around in time and frequency

resynthesis sounds amazing and hopefully future releases will give it more
renderful
I got musical results instantly while creating a few patches from my samples. I had to buy it. The simplicity and fairly shallow nature of it is what hooked me. Immediacy.

I don't own Metasynth or Alchemy. The only spectral tools I have are the Soundhack plugs, and I'm getting some interesting things using them together with Iris.
phonodyne
renderful wrote:
I got musical results instantly while creating a few patches from my samples. I had to buy it. The simplicity and fairly shallow nature of it is what hooked me. Immediacy.

I don't own Metasynth or Alchemy. The only spectral tools I have are the Soundhack plugs, and I'm getting some interesting things using them together with Iris.

Now that does sound intriguing. I'd love to hear some audio demos if you have the time and the inclination.
renderful
Here's the first thing I did. It's 2 samples layered. The synth is from SynthX on the iPad and the percussion is something else. I'll try to dig up the dry bits when I get home, so that you can hear how different the end result is. There's far more sound there than the component parts, and I didn't use any effects outside of what is available in Iris.

There's no sequencing going on once I got it into Iris. I just held a note down and played with the pitch and mod wheels towards the end. I use Iris' mixer slightly to vary sounds in the last 2/3.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/renderful/beatingplace[/s]
polyslax
A buncha demos here (not mine):

http://soundcloud.com/groups/sounds-of-iris
phonodyne
That was cool, renderful. Thanks for sharing.

Couple of tool modifiers I picked up last night: holding cmd(mac) and scrolling the mouse wheel when the paint brush is selected allows you to change the size of your brush. Holding alt turns that brush into an eraser. Alt just generally works as an inverter so, for example, it zooms out if you have the magnifying glass selected or deselects squares of time-frequency if you have that tool selected. Really useful.
nay-seven
yes, really interesting soft ! some great results really fast

An other tip : If you enable the Frequency ruler in the options, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom on the frequency ruler

@ renderful : cool demo !
jtai
This looks interesting. Will have to try the demo.
Jaspo
Wow, Thanks! This comes at the perfect time, as just picked up one of these:

http://tascam.com/product/dr-100mkii/
pulse_divider
jonah wrote:

I know this has already been answered, but as it's now only 2 days away from the offer end I thought I'd bump this
nay-seven
if you're interested , here a video i just posted using Usine as graphic interface for Iris : Iris video
a100user
Picked this up a week ago and I must say very impressed so far.
Easy to use, very powerful.

I have had a couple of lock ups in Logic 9 Pro but not sure where the problem is.

Generally loving this soft synth.
jake
very impressed also, just got the demo its really neat and something different than turning knobs with a mouse smile it saves me from using absynth presets now i can throw in a sample of a violin and mangle it up nice ;D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2