MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

gimme some 300 series jams
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author gimme some 300 series jams
rico loverde
numan7 wrote:
woah superb, rico -- i loved everything about that one! awesome, awesome patch / composition / performance (however you regard it)... we're not worthy

applause

cheers
Thank you numan!
Roycie Roller
excellent stuff rico!
dogoftears
that was awesome! excellent use of the stereo field mr. loverde.
one of the nicest 300 audio posts i've heard here.
rico loverde
thank you very much Roycie and dogoftears!!!! this is the first time Ive had a panning module in my modular. i dont know how i got by with out one before.
slow_riot
and not just any panning module... the Mixo is very very special.

Hook your Boogie up to it, preferably with some VCAs and summing in between. Incredible stereo imaging, is all I can say.
rico loverde
slow_riot wrote:
and not just any panning module... the Mixo is very very special.

Hook your Boogie up to it, preferably with some VCAs and summing in between. Incredible stereo imaging, is all I can say.
can you elaborate a little on that patch...very interested to try it out.
slow_riot
In the simplest form possible, take a single oscillator with plenty of harmonics and send this to a boogie. Put 6db into one side of mixolator and 12db into the other.

As you turn Z pot you can hear the stereo image change. When they are both apart with one on each side you get a slightly brighter tone on one side and a darker tone on the other. But as you change the Z control, when they meet at the middle they both mix and create a bandpass output right in the middle of your speakers.

So if you elaborate on this, and use all the outputs of the Boogie, and put each one through their own VCAs, or maybe through extra filters or effects, and control Z with voltage. Then you get a fully morphing fluctuating stereo image.

JAG can help for the VCAs after the Boogie outputs (I like envelator into one side of JAG and woggle smooth into the other, Dome to Z). And swap the single oscillator with some nice dynamic depth FM.
dogoftears
slow_riot wrote:
In the simplest form possible, take a single oscillator with plenty of harmonics and send this to a boogie. Put 6db into one side of mixolator and 12db into the other.

As you turn Z pot you can hear the stereo image change. When they are both apart with one on each side you get a slightly brighter tone on one side and a darker tone on the other. But as you change the Z control, when they meet at the middle they both mix and create a bandpass output right in the middle of your speakers.

So if you elaborate on this, and use all the outputs of the Boogie, and put each one through their own VCAs, or maybe through extra filters or effects, and control Z with voltage. Then you get a fully morphing fluctuating stereo image.

JAG can help for the VCAs after the Boogie outputs (I like envelator into one side of JAG and woggle smooth into the other, Dome to Z). And swap the single oscillator with some nice dynamic depth FM.

man that is such a beautiful patch idea. will have to true it later this week.
i have gotten amazing formanty sounds from the boogie by mixing the outputs in a bipolar mixer.
laserpalace
Here are a few 300 series demo's. I'll be adding more as I familiarize myself with the instrument.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ryan-mcryhew/sets/wiard-300/[/s]
laserpalace
Reviving an old thread. Anyone made any new work with their 300 system?

Just worked out this patch tonight, pretty fun excerpt.

Wiard Percussions

[s]http://soundcloud.com/365-patches/wiard-percussions[/s]
rico loverde
I've been patching a bunch with my 300 especially since my omni filter arrived yesterday. Ill try to record my current patch tomorrow and post it
laserpalace
rico loverde
Amazing, please do share Rico. The world needs more Omni Filter sounds! Congrats! w00t
MrTea
I was jamming a patch last night. Will try and record and post when I get home later. 8_)
otoskope
Remove the "s" from "https", and soundcloud embedding should work!
otoskope
And thanks for nice track!
/Palle
chamomileshark
Unfortunately I've slipped back into my bad ways that means I'm now rotating work on about 5 tracks rather than working sequentially.

I think the next Wiard track to finish is "Beyond". It's one of the few times my wife has asked me to close my door and the cat has cried to get out of the room. I find it quite restful.
laserpalace
otoskope
Thanks for the tip!

MrTea
I'd love to hear it.

chamomileshark
I know how that goes, I'm balancing three different projects with partially finished work for each. It's hard to stay on track! Can't wait to hear Beyond!
laserpalace
One more quick one. Experimenting with chaotic functions within the Envelator.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/365-patches/envelator-city[/s]
slow_riot
nice patch! I've been trying to combine the techniques that you apply with percussive Borgs by using mixers to combine tonal signals with low freqeuncy square pings, and modulating the filters in a similar way that you are but I ran out of ModMixes to use! It's a nice combination. Another thing to use instead of a ping is a saw wave into a VCA so you get the tonal signal with an added ping.

I love the percussive style but if I don't have something droning away something is not right.
laserpalace
laserpalace
Thanks! I'm glad you are experimenting with some of my patch examples. I'm still very fixated by the Wiard being such a perfect percussion generator. It really is a machine right in between dance music and the avant garde. I'm actually using a Saw in this patch to open one of the Borgs which I'm running in tandem. I'll probably break it down on my website this weekend.

I'd love to hear your mix of percussive drone! I have a hard time "droning" but it's usually what I'm listening to.
slow_riot
I abandoned the percussion mixed with drone thing, getting back to just borgs, wogglebug and mixo. I think you are right, these modules are really extremely deep with regard to percussion. And the textures and expressive density are really special.
laserpalace
Here's a little live piece, somewhat inspired by Steve Reich. It's entirely 300 except for some timing influence via the wonderful 4MS Rotating Clock Divider. All note data was created by the Sequantizer, main voice utilizing the Mellotron Bank on the Waveform City. (I love that chorus effect!). Some reverb via Ableton.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/365-patches/four-voice-system[/s]
dogoftears
wow Laserpalace, that was awesome, very nice work. music for 18 wogglebugs w00t w00t

very horn like sounds, beautiful call and response between the voices, awesome sequencing.
flts
i love that four voice system clip, listened thru a few times already. thanks, it'll give me some inspiration while i wait for my modules to arrive lol
laserpalace
dogoftears, flts

Thank you! It's mostly a practice in timing and dynamics. I grew up playing a variety of stringed instruments so this was an attempt to translate similar dynamics into the modular world. It definitely has some horn/pizzacato string timbres as well.

MUSIC FOR 18 WOGGLE BUGS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. That would be some complex minimalism.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3