MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS VCS - WOOH!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author CGS VCS - WOOH!
wetterberg
from the CGS site - http://www.cgs.synth.net/
Quote:
CGS75 Serge VCs US$25 in stock

That is SO awesome.

Ken, if you could use this thread for VCS postings that would be great. Really looking forward to seeing the BOM on this!!!
Roycie Roller
I also noticed a new version of the Real Ring Mod (CGS67) Guinness ftw!
mono-poly
I am waiting for that new Gated Comporator desing.
I already have a regular one and it is in my favorite list real high!
zthee
Roycie Roller wrote:

Oh yes! MY ASS IS BLEEDING SlayerBadger!
DGTom
zthee wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:

Oh yes! MY ASS IS BLEEDING SlayerBadger!

+1!!!!1!

Me & Excel have some work to do hyper
LDT
Quote:
Really looking forward to seeing the BOM on this

What is the BOM?

Anyway I have wanted a VCS since I saw the Bananalogue first time. I wonder if there isn´t a market for somebody to actually build and sell the module? (I am not so diy´ish).
Scaff
BOM=Bill of material

If you have a 5U system grab the Modcan dual lfo we're not worthy
Dego
I did order both the vcs pcbs for Zthees panel and the new cgs 67.

hyper nanners
BugBrand
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Metalbox were to start offering the VCS (built) - this is pure speculation on my part, but he's got good previous links with Ken's work (the work of both parties is really great!)

By the way, I've mailed Ken to ask about PCB sizes as there is little info on the CGS site - may well be that they're the same or similar to the old Bananalogue ones, but worth checking.
Dego
[quote="BugBrand"]Wouldn't surprise me at all if Metalbox were to start offering the VCS (built) - this is pure speculation on my part, but he's got good previous links with Ken's work (the work of both parties is really great!)

By the way, I've mailed Ken to ask about PCB sizes as there is little info on the CGS site - may well be that they're the same or similar to the old Bananalogue ones, but worth checking.[/quote]

[quote="otherunicorn"]A new VCS board for this project would be 6 x 2. That would result in three formats the board would be available in. MOTM, Euro and Serge.[/quote]

From the CGS panel thread. So I guess this is the 6*2 pcb smile
zthee
The new VCS board is standard CGS size: 2" x 6" - Ken said so earlier in the Best of CGS thread.
BugBrand
A boo-p... Oh well.
I haven't been following that thread...
Cheers guys.
Dego
[quote="zthee"]The new VCS board is standard CGS size: 2" x 6" - Ken said so earlier in the Best of CGS thread.[/quote]

grin
cerebrosis
this may fill the hole in my soul since i sold my vcs hyper
Randaleem
LDT wrote:
Anyway I have wanted a VCS since I saw the Bananalogue first time. I wonder if there isn´t a market for somebody to actually build and sell the module? (I am not so diy´ish).

Hi LDT,

Bananalogue are still in business. As I understand it from Ken, Seth will be making the VCS again. Seth has the sole rights from Serge to "make a module for others" from this Ken Stone modified Serge design. Ken has made the PCB available for DIY as an alternative to getting one already built from Seth. Also with Serge's approval.

Building for others using this PCB may violate the agreement between Serge, Ken, and Seth. (IMO we should be thankful for Serge's approval, and not do anything contrary to his desires, evidenced by the Bananlogue relationship.) I am unclear if Seth's agreement is for Euro only, or all formats. I'll have to ask Ken. At any rate, building one for yourself is "legal", building for others may be less so.

Kind regards, Randal
mono-poly
Doesn't Rex got the rights now?
Randaleem
Hi mono,

Rex makes the old Serge designs available commercially and has the rights to use the Serge name(s) for them. The oft-debated details of the agreement between Rex and Serge is unknown to me, and likely to most everybody else too? There is a lot of 2nd or 3rd hand *info*, but Only Rex and Serge can answer that one. Ideally, both.

As I understand it from Ken, Bananalogue is a company formed out of an agreement with Serge Tcherepnin to make use of his original *Serge* circuits in modified designs using new names. For commercial and DIY sales, with Seth having the rights to use these Ken Stone developed Bananalogue designs for completed Euro format modules.

Any detail beyond this would best come from Serge, Rex, Ken, and/or Seth.

Kind regards, Randal
mono-poly
Just asking out of curiousity.
this i got from stone in my PM some time ago:

''You can forward me US$10 per board you cloned if you want to pay Serge his royalties!''

keep note this was on a reply concerning pcbs i remade for myself purpose and not with any intention to sell them.

This ken slope is completely nuts or want to gain max money,or both
sanders
2012 wrote:

I'd say neither; Sounds like he wasn't thrilled that you used a design, that he probably put a lot of work into, without his permission. I don't think your statement is very fair or informed. Please don't take offense, I'm just saying...
e-grad
2012 wrote:

Ken has 70+ circuits online for free, he sells his pcbs at reasonable prices and you present him as greedy for money... seriously, i just don't get it
sanders wrote:
2012 wrote:

I'd say neither; Sounds like he wasn't thrilled that you used a design, that he probably put a lot of work into, without his permission. I don't think your statement is very fair or informed. Please don't take offense, I'm just saying...

he reffers over and over to serge,not himself,but asking to pay 10$ per cloned design is something he decided,without serge u see.

He declared bananalogue waited for permission to made another batch of VCS modules,that never happen.

Then here he discover by reading there is a huge interest in VCS here,smells money,and suddently he got permission from serge and made a pcb.

They got permission to made modulles witouth paying serge royalties,again,not only himself takes the decission to let pay a guy for his private DiY cloned stuff,but also it have to be payd to him not serge.
Muff Wiggler
Ken has already stated that he pays royaltys to Serge

In fact, Ken stated that he paid out of his pocket BEFORE getting money from Seth for sold bananalogue modules, personally going into negative to ensure that Serge was treated fairly even though production issues seemed to be leaving Ken at a loss for his time and investment in PCB manufacture.

2012, if you are going to make such sweeping and heavy statements, please back them up with information on how you know so certainly such things. Otherwise it seems like very inflammatory comments which I would have to question the intent and source of. If you are one of Serge's drinking buddies and are directly and personally privy to these details you are bringing up in attack of other people, please say as much, so that we may know where this stuff comes from.

Otherwise, I don't see or understand where these comments come from and I am going to have to ask you to stop.

Thank-you.
pickleinn
ken has provided us with some pretty amazing projects with free schematics and cheep circuit boards.......he has always been friendly in emails and the boards come in the mail very quickly. i trust ken and his respect for serge and the fact that the SERGE vcs boards he put together are more expensive because he says he is paying royalities......well then, i believe him. and i think it is great that he is giving us the opportunity to have fun with this design too.
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Otherwise, I don't see or understand where these comments come from and I am going to have to ask you to stop.

Thank-you.

am sorry,they all come from ken,i still got his replys in PM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9