MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rack Planner does Buchla
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Author Rack Planner does Buchla
dougcl
Okay folks, I made a quick and dirty background, four slots wide (easy to extend to six slots. Here's the result:

dougcl
Here are the module zips
dougcl
Here is the background:
dougcl
And here is the rack xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<rack>
<properties>
<scale>1.0</scale>
<rows>4</rows>
<cols>1</cols>
<imagesPath>./images</imagesPath>
<modulesPath>./buchla</modulesPath>
<rackImageFilename>buchla4.jpg</rackImageFilename>
<rackHP>4</rackHP>
</properties>
<modules>

</modules>
</rack>
dougcl
And here is a 6 slot background

Corresponding rack xml (changed the rackHP from 4 to 6):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<rack>
<properties>
<scale>1.0</scale>
<rows>4</rows>
<cols>1</cols>
<imagesPath>./images</imagesPath>
<modulesPath>./buchla</modulesPath>
<rackImageFilename>buchla6.jpg</rackImageFilename>
<rackHP>6</rackHP>
</properties>
<modules>

</modules>
</rack>
dougcl
Okay now I'm just playing around. 6 slot example and module zips.

felix
Awesome! Moar Plz! w00t
BananaPlug
Well, since Doug was nice enough to do all that I thought I should pitch in too.
The Library and ModuleMaker now support this format. w00t
I use a letter code in the zip names and B was taken so I went with U.

Also, since the euro collection is so huge the library browser now has a button to toggle between euro and everything else.
felix
Are there any resizing considerations to be taken before submitting module images?

I have all the Buchla module images and would be happy to upload/contributed...I just don't want to put one up all 'tarded like. ambulance
BananaPlug
Just look at the image sizes of some other modules you see on the web. Or figure that an inch on a typical screen is very roughly about 100 pixels. One of the Bucla images Doug used is 277x453. The Rack Planner will scale them to fit and the ModuleMaker will kick back anything that's really enormous.

Try to keep the module names kind of short. They're nicer in the RackPlanner menu that way.
dougcl
Yay! Thanks Bananaplug! It's peanut butter jelly time!
amnesia
great but I am confused dont we go to a web page to do this or am I jumping the gun?
dougcl
amnesia wrote:
great but I am confused dont we go to a web page to do this or am I jumping the gun?

Not jumping the gun at all. It's ready to go.

Download it here

Unzip the zip file, preserving directories.

Once you've got it unpacked, create a buchla subdirectory as shown here:

Then save the rack xml file in this thread as rack.xml. Save the background images in this thread as buchla4.jpg and buchla6.jpg into the images subdirectory. Save the module zips from this thread into the buchla subdirectory, and finally double click on RakcPlanner.jar. Go to bananaplug's web page here and create and download as many 200 series modules as you want.
BananaPlug
Regarding Buchla's 200e format, I fixed a bug which for a couple days blocked new U modules from being contributed to the library. FYI, using the letter U for this format, B was taken.

Added: EarDrill's Pendulum Ratchet module It's peanut butter jelly time!
rdonker
Sweet!
BananaPlug
FYI,

Browse to see what's been contributed: http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/browse.php

Make modules and the other files RackPlanner needs with the ModuleMaker here: http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/moduleMaker.php

More info is here: http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/index.php
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner  
Page 1 of 1