MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bryan B's Wiard Case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Bryan B's Wiard Case
sensanalog
I feel bad the pics of my case that Bryan B. made stole Rico's thread. I will post more pics later of the case with my four modules in it.
Overall I would say the case he made is spectacular. It is sturdy, measured perfectly and a beauty sitting on my desk in my studio. I can't commend Bryan enough on the case design and the etching he did. SlayerBadger!
Bryan is so easy to work with and does fantastic work. I have some bug cheeks he made for me with the bug brand logo on the side that is just as amazing.
If anyone is looking for a custom case, contact Bryan B. Amazing work! Guinness ftw!
Low-Gain
I LOVE Bryan Benting. He's the best! Not only is he a fantastic and amazing friend but he has MAD SKILLZ!!!

The custom Modcan cabinet he made for me. It's a work of art!
(Side art designed by Epinasty (Luigi LaValle) and myself)
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Bryan B
sensanalog wrote:
I feel bad the pics of my case that Bryan B. made stole Rico's thread.

I agree, sorry Rico!

I have really felt the love on this forum in many ways for all of the projects I have worked on and for that I am really grateful. I am also blessed to have found a group of fellow wigglers in my area to nerd out with!
Bricks
we're not worthy we're not worthy
causticlogic
Bryan B wrote:
I am also blessed to have found a group of fellow wigglers in my area to nerd out with!

same here. Minnesota wigglers unite!
numan7
woah we're not worthy can't wait to see pics of that with modules, logan!!

cheers
Low-Gain
numan7 wrote:
woah we're not worthy can't wait to see pics of that with modules, logan!!

cheers

Me either! hahaha

So far i have 3 in it. 2 DUSG's and a modcan converted A-156.
Soon i'll have Binaryzone and single/Dual Sawtooth Animator.
Gotta make a Blacet order for some VCO's and Filthy Filters.
rico loverde
sensanalog wrote:
I feel bad the pics of my case that Bryan B. made stole Rico's thread. I will post more pics later of the case with my four modules in it.
Overall I would say the case he made is spectacular. It is sturdy, measured perfectly and a beauty sitting on my desk in my studio. I can't commend Bryan enough on the case design and the etching he did. SlayerBadger!
Bryan is so easy to work with and does fantastic work. I have some bug cheeks he made for me with the bug brand logo on the side that is just as amazing.
If anyone is looking for a custom case, contact Bryan B. Amazing work! Guinness ftw!
no apologies needed!!! i was thrilled to see Bryans case!!!!
qu.one
being able to make the rails is HUGE! my machine isn't up to snuff on that and i am super jealous Mr. Green we're not worthy
Bryan B
I am lucky to be able to do the rails, that is key. It also helps to be able to cut thick material in general. I generally work with 3/8" to 1/2" for the sides, top and bottom (for strength).

How many watts is your laser? How thick can you normally cut?

I tried many different things with ours before I could cut 1/2" thick. I messed with the speed, power and focal length to get the right settings.
Low-Gain
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Malekko
At the risk of sounding like a buzzkill, that Modcan format case will be problematic since it's all plastic, your system will be noisy because Modcan faceplates are grounded to a metal chassis. Without a proper ground they will be noisy! I know this first hand when i built a wooden case years ago for my Modcan system, i eventually had to run a long strip of shielding tape where the modules and case meet, and solder a wire from the strip to ground.
This is also why you don't see wooden Buchla cases either.
Bryan B
Good point. Is Modcan B grounded through the case as well?

The rails are removable, they can be replaced or altered if necessary.

The Modcan sizing is more for his DIY and less for actual Modcan modules.

Lastly he can wire a ground with a blinfold on, so I am not worried with this one.
Malekko
I'm not sure about Modcan B, as i've never seen any.

It doesnt matter if it's modcan or DIY thats how they are grounded (banana jacks themselves dont have grounds)

Bryan B wrote:

Lastly he can wire a ground with a blinfold on, so I am not worried with this one.

This comment is a little odd, my point has less to do with his (or any ones) ability, rather understanding the product you are making. If you are making a product, wouldn't you want the knowledge to do it correctly?
dude
modcan b is at this point grounded by jacks like most everything else.
Bryan B
Of course I would like to do it correctly. Logan has a good understanding of electronics and I feel that if he asked for this case this way, that is what he needed. We will figure out how to fix it if we both end up being wrong. This is why I prefer to build 1 at a time right now and sell locally as I can figure these problems out as I learn about them.

I do appreciate you guys pointing things like this out.

My understanding of banana jack modules is they will work within the same synth because they already share the same ground. Perhaps I am wrong, but why would you only allow your signals to ground through the faceplate? That seems like it would introduce more noise if it were the case (creating a very large antenna for RF?). Maybe you are saying it will be noisy because the ground they share is for power not audio and Modcan A separates the 2 signals. That would make sense, but I have only seen that done on Oakley modules (haven't seen a Buchla module in real life yet).
Low-Gain
Malekko wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a buzzkill, that Modcan format case will be problematic since it's all plastic, your system will be noisy because Modcan faceplates are grounded to a metal chassis. Without a proper ground they will be noisy! I know this first hand when i built a wooden case years ago for my Modcan system, i eventually had to run a long strip of shielding tape where the modules and case meet, and solder a wire from the strip to ground.

what kind of wood did you use? lol lol

I'd be pretty pretty shocked if I experience a high amount noise issues.
How ever, if i do experience some problems, i'll likely run some copper tape along the mounting rails and run things back to my PSU grounding point.. Not a big deal. There are too many factors that play into problems like that. I certainly wont ignore this potential. But we'll see what happens when I get the cabinet a little more loaded up.
I'm really not stressing it. No buzzkill here.

I think you just had noisy wood Josh. lol lol
decaying.sine
Malekko wrote:

dude, didn't Bruce say something about the faceplates touching and the final cable coming out the mixer or something like that, that would be fine? or, was that related to B series. I remember we had this discussion and I thought you had the modcan A final word from the man himself.
sensanalog
Here is Bryan B's case in all it's glory, well almost. I don't quite have it full yet, but it still is pretty rocking! SlayerBadger!
As you can see I am in the process of building a mostly malekko euro case too. Sorry for the crappy iphone photos. w00t w00t

miditerranean
eek! Can I come over? we're not worthy
rico loverde
12 module Wiard system we're not worthy very nice!!!!
sensanalog
Miditerranean: you should come over! Let me know when you have some free time.

Cary and Grant make such beautiful modules, both in sound and aesthetics! I can't wait to get my last batch of modules! w00t
rico loverde
sensanalog wrote:
Miditerranean: you should come over! Let me know when you have some free time.

Cary and Grant make such beautiful modules, both in sound and aesthetics! I can't wait to get my last batch of modules! w00t
so what modules will you have in total? i have 3 more to go!!!
causticlogic
Maybe I could bring over all my Malekko and my lonely 300 module too? The Malekko has grown by 50% since you last seen it.
nanners Wiard nanners
causticlogic
I know he has an Omni on the way - not sure what else...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2