MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CopperMax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Author CopperMax
akrylik
Does anyone know anything about the progress of CopperMax (the max/msp object that can talk over a CopperLan networks)?

http://copperlan.org/index.php/blog/item/copperlan-maxmsp-coppermax

Will this be useable in a MaxForLive setting?
jln
This post is quite a old one, isn't it ? (I never understood why no blog mentions the year of publication... hmmm..... /rant)

The external was developped during the 2 years Virage project, but as far as I know, there had been no dev in the last couple of years.

Most likely, I guess it would have to be recoded from scratch given the changes in CopperLan API, but only the developper could confirm.

That said, I too would love such an external (or being able to send OSC). It is part of the reaszon I've been holding off to give this nice module a try.
jln
I should add that the Virage site (where the external was available from) is down at the moment. Hopefully it'll be online again soon.

In the mean time, I can have a search in my archive to see if I have an old copy of it. If so, I can post it here (assuming the licence permits it). But again, I'm afraid it wont work with current CopperLan API. :-(
akrylik
That's unfortunate. It seems that the CopperLan people are really missing out on a key early adopter segment of the musical industry -- users of max/msp.

I for one ordered the MS-812 (should have it next week) because it seemed that it was essentially the same as the Vermona qMI but just 50EUR more expensive for what could be a promising new tech and they do have the VST plugin that lets you send automation channels as high-resolution messages.
JJ
You're gonna love it akrylik!
Junk Rhythm
Interested in a MaxMSP / Max for Live external as well.

I'm really interested in seeing some more development of this protocol.
CopperPhil
Hi there,

we have coded a universal proxy plugin allowing to replicate every parameter from any CopperLan application/hardware on the network to the proxy's host (without any pre-configuration, the proxy is getting parameter list/characteristics using standard CopperLan enumeration since CopperLan stuff is self-describing) . This proxy will be delivered for free (VST and AU) with the upcoming version 1.1 of CopperLan.

Actually, the code is quite generic so it would be easy to encapsulate in a Max external. If you have some programming skills in Max environment and some time to spend in helping us to provide this universal proxy for Max, feel free to contact me thumbs up
taniel
Junk Rhythm wrote:
Interested in a MaxMSP / Max for Live external as well.

I'm really interested in seeing some more development of this protocol.

The same here!!!
Junk Rhythm
CopperPhil wrote:
This proxy will be delivered for free (VST and AU) with the upcoming version 1.1 of CopperLan.

How soon until Version 1.1 is released?
CopperPhil
Junk Rhythm wrote:
CopperPhil wrote:
This proxy will be delivered for free (VST and AU) with the upcoming version 1.1 of CopperLan.

How soon until Version 1.1 is released?

it is scheduled for September. You can have an overview of the new functionalities from my youtube channel (videos stamped V1.1 preview). In addition to the installation package and the universal proxy, we'll provide also a brand new CopperPlug (allowing to CopperLanize any VST or AU plugin) and a Controller able to automatically create control panels from the target application.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Page 1 of 1