MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My first DIY Synth Module - CGS Psycho LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author My first DIY Synth Module - CGS Psycho LFO
Muff Wiggler
A little sneak peek before I blog it. More details to come - I'll post them here later on. I built this 2 years ago, for a TOTAL COST of under $20 (yes, twenty), and about an hour's work. And, if I had my shit together, I could have built it for ten bucks and fifteen minutes work. Seriously. Anyway, it's about time I took some pics of it oops Here ya go.

Squibbons
Awesome. I've wanted to get a drill press and make some modules of my own. How'd you go about doing the faceplate?
Muff Wiggler
i bought a bunch of blank panels from PAiA, this was one of the half-size ones which I believe were $4 each.

I drilled holes in it with a hand-drill oops Notice they aren't lined up. (the mounting holes, thankfully, were pre-drilled by the nice folks at PAiA)

Also, I didn't know to start with a small pilot hole. I was an idiot back in those days about even more things that I'm an idiot about these days, if you can believe that. I drilled 'em with a hand drill, over a piece of wood, using a really big drill bit, and the odds are extremely good that I was also quite baked at the time. Heh. Then I made the labels using a Dymo label machine that I comandeered from my office. I'm an honest man though - I bought my own Dymo tape (the office only had black-letters-on-white tape)
Muff Wiggler
you can really see the difference between the organic and the no-clean solder in the last pic. I found the no-clean SO hard to work with. The lumps are all 2-3x the size of the washable organic solder.

in the same pic, upper corner of the board, you can see where I burned off some of the trace and had to rebuild it with an ugly old solder bridge
Kwote
fresh. dig the red pcb!
J.w.M.
Looks great! Okay-- you've got me totally psyched to build one of them now. Did you get the components from Mouser?
Muff Wiggler
Actually I got them from DigiKey, for the main reason that they have domestic Canadian distribution and I didn't have to pay a customs fee

Mouser would work just as well though for those in the US
zerosum
grin exclamation
Cool
tragedybysyntax
wow sweet man! i'm ordering CGS bi-n-tic, tube vca, pulse divider logic, super psycho lfo, and a dc mixer.

SHOULD BE FUN!!!! smile
muffadmin
(mods please don't remove this post, thx)
otherunicorn
smile
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
your knobs have nipples
solaris
Hi Muff,
(beware noob question) what kind of PSU and distrib. boards do you use for those CGS builds?
Thanks!
SMS303
WAY TO GO MIKE! w00t
Lyncaster
This is 4 years old o.e
solaris
Lyncaster wrote:
This is 4 years old o.e

ahah weird, I'm pretty sure it showed up when I clicked "view posts since last visit"... anyway...
SMS303
Lyncaster wrote:
This is 4 years old o.e

Time for another module.... SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1