Chimera / Ben Fisher: The end of the story (?)

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Fidgit
Veteran Wiggler

Chimera / Ben Fisher: The end of the story (?)

Post by Fidgit » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:57 am

it's been discussed here for years now: business practices, refund requests, announcements and broken promises of ben fisher and his several enterprises.

recently ben let me know about his position regarding his behavior. i asked him to kindly communicate it clearly and openly to all other, affected individuals. unfortunately he shied away from clear and especially honest communication once more.
that's why i'd like to summarize here his reasoning and his actions in the past - as far as i understood him.

for the record:
ben owes me GBP 284.- since june 24, 2008. he certainly knows who i am when he reads that, i have no issues with that.

i went through all the ups and downs as many other wigglers here. i got zillions of "tomorrow / next week / soon / next weekend / almost done / slight update needed / design improvement / ..." during the last few years. none of these promises he was able to fulfill, they were nothing more than cheap, childish lies. i'm not the only one here, i know.

according to what ben explained to me and what i concluded, his companies are always "Ltd." which means that the liability of the company is limited. especially in the case of going belly up.

in my specific case that means than in 2008 ben made me (and others) pay the money to his company called "Fisher Robotics Ltd.". somewhere down the line he claimed bankrupcy for Fisher Robotics Ltd, could get rid of all pending claims and prepaid orders. my claims were all of a sudden towards a company which ceased to exist. worth nothing.

then he founded "Chimera Synthesis Ltd." it's gone for years as well. he wrote about this company in his email: "a company that no longer trades and that I am no longer a Director of". that means all individuals who paid to a company with this name are equally f*cked.

at the moment he has, you guessed it, another company. i don't care about its name anymore, it's Ltd. again for sure. otherwise his "business model" wouldn't work out anymore...
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how the future looks like for this Ltd. company and the people who order and prepay for his products.

so while bens behavior might (i'm not absolutely sure about it) be legally okay, i leave it up to the reader to judge on his ethical principles.

he basically admitted how his model works and how he manages to steal peoples money by using this questionable Ltd. trick over and over again.
that's also why any submitted claim or report against him or Fisher Robotics Ltd or Chimera Synthesis Ltd. or ... is ineffective. that's our risk of dealing with Ltd. companies.

no, i'm not a lawyer nor a UK citizen, so this is just a combination of what ben wrote and how i connected the dots. unfortunately he refused to issue a complete statement on his own. no surprise to me, actually...
if there are any other aspects to it which i don't see or understood incorrectly, feel free to add them or to correct me.

the consequence is quite clear: if you paid to Fisher Robotics Ltd. or Chimera Synthesis Ltd. and didn't receive any goods or money yet, you won't get anything. except some more lies, eventually.
Last edited by Fidgit on Tue May 01, 2012 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ndkent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ndkent » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 am

What you are saying is standard procedure in business. Its normal to separate a business from ones private finances -limited liability, etc. - though there are laws on running up bills and skipping out on a business or anyone in need easy money would pull that stunt as often as possible.

One immediate thing I notice in my case ($190) is that I Paypal paid Ben Fisher not one of his companies. No Ltd, company or anything. So the question there would be was he sneaky enough to call a company Ben Fisher.

Anyway he used "There is paperwork involved to transfer monies fro Chimera Synthesis" as an excuse not to ship me a built BC6 with money he had. I pointed out, "I did not pay Chimera Synthesis any money I paid you personally so that would not need to be done". He apparently had no reply for that non-excuse but I received no BC6.

Thinking of doing a YouTube video demoing nothing titled with the name of what he hasnt shipped and keywords . Might be as good a warning as anything else if a lot of people did that.

chamomileshark
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chamomileshark » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 am

I'm not a lawyer either but I would think going bust serially might mean that something here might help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_Di ... n_Act_1986

I assume he has never been personally bankrupt - that would disqualify him but then maybe he is using someone else to be the director.

It may be difficult to prove fraud.

Sad. I'm sorry this has happened to you and others.
Key Gear: Wiard 300 Series, EMS VCS3, Frac Modular (Blacet, Wiard, Bananalogue & Synthesis Technology).

a bunch of stuff
http://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
http://www.soundclick.com/markgriffiths

ix
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 am

Fidgit wrote:it's been discussed here for years now: business practices, refund requests, announcements and broken promises of ben

good post and clearly lays it out.

I did read he is offering to transfer old orders over to the new business .
Existing Orders:
By arrangement with Ben Fisher, outstanding existing orders will be fulfilled over the next short while. You will be written to about this very shortly if you have an outstanding order.
So its either 'wait' and just keep waiting or ' make a claim that equals zero due to Ltd writeoff of debts '?

are you saying he has admitted he intends to walk away from all legal claims against Chimera ? but will transfer a deposit over to the new business ? or that despute stating he will transfer orders over from Chimera to the new ltd he intends to use that as a way to refuse transfer of the order and deposit ?
Anyway he used "There is paperwork involved to transfer monies fro Chimera Synthesis" as an excuse not to ship me a built BC6 with money he had. I pointed out, "I did not pay Chimera Synthesis any money I paid you personally so that would not need to be done". He apparently had no reply for that non-excuse but I received no BC6.
yeah this highlights a guy taking cash left right and centre under various guises and who basically lies continually when he cant deliver , then ignores and walks away.

Did anyone at all contact trading standards ? police ? if only to make his life more difficult .

Its amazing he keeps going.

Has anyone recieved an order in the last few months ? is he trading still ? i noticed he has a form to request products ? whats that like a backdoor order system ?

The problem is few will be happy to admit they just ordered and got something.

What exactly is his trading state ? new company in manufacturer of products or new company taking more deposits ? ( i fucking hope not )or new company but as of now he is in hiding and making no product.

No one know his trading address or home address ?

Private investigator ? what for £300 quid .Yeah but his address would be good to know , home address.

Has anyone met him ? where is he based , town etc ?
Last edited by ix on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

chamomileshark
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chamomileshark » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 am

here you go. I found a bunch of stuff actually

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/chimera-synthesis
Key Gear: Wiard 300 Series, EMS VCS3, Frac Modular (Blacet, Wiard, Bananalogue & Synthesis Technology).

a bunch of stuff
http://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
http://www.soundclick.com/markgriffiths

ix
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 am

chamomileshark wrote:here you go. I found a bunch of stuff actually
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/chimera-synthesis
interesting how they make these changes

VIVIENNE FISHER 22 Feb 12 director - Appointment ended
BENJAMIN FISHER 22 Feb 12 director - Appointment ended
BENJAMIN CHARLES FISHER 20 Jul 10 secretary - Particulars Changed
MRS VIVIENNE FISHER 20 Jul 10 director - Particulars Changed
BENJAMIN CHARLES FISHER 20 Jul 10 director - Particulars Changed
BENJAMIN CHARLES FISHER 19 Mar 09 director and secretary - Appointed

particulars changed ?

What we need is the home address and number or just home address.

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/fisher/vivienne/

ndkent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ndkent » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:59 am

This is in response to the question of when someone last heard of him shipping--

Last June he shipped someone I know a ready now BC6 for immediate sale and it arrived right away. It might have been bait for a pre-ordered not yet BC16 he was offering, anyway my friend didn't bite the pre-order and I realized he had a few of the 6. My order wasn't for one but hey he had my money from his own PayPal.
Last edited by ndkent on Tue May 01, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ix
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm

ndkent wrote:For what it's worth, last fall, I'd have to check for the exact date, he shipped someone I know a ready now BC6 for imesiate sale and it arrived right away. It might have been bait for a preordered unbuilt BC16, anyway my friend didn't bite the preorder and I realized he had the 6. My order wasn't for one but hey he had my money from his own PayPal.
i think he is well known to have shipped many newer orders whilst totally forgetting people and orders made 3 years earlier.I was never sure if that was a calculated move to promote ' i got mine ' forum threads and and cancel out bad press he does not deliver or because he simply decided old orders and people who went public were now worthless and disloyal.

There is no doubt he is very unwell mentally and emotionally.

Normal humans dont fuck over people like this , it takes a certain type of human

Mefistophelees
USB Cat

Re: Chimera / Ben Fisher: The end of the story

Post by Mefistophelees » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Fidgit wrote:
he basically admitted how his model works and how he manages to steal peoples money by using this questionable Ltd. trick over and over again.
that's also why any submitted claim or report against him or Fisher Robotics Ltd or Chimera Synthesis Ltd. or ... is ineffective. that's our risk of dealing with Ltd. companies.[/b]
If this is what he's doing it is almost certainly illegal. You can't just close a company if it is in debt. There's a whole complex procedure to go through.

Get together and contact his local trading standards or police. They'll be *very* interested if he's really been doing this sort of thing.

Ekofisk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Ekofisk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm

The whole point of the limited responsibility institute is to protect his creditors, i.e the people he owes money, i.e. you! However, you'll be luck yo get anything, as the major creditors will likely have security, etc.. so when there's little of value in the company (which will invariably be the case in bankruptcy), the banks etc usually get whatever is worth anything.
However, I doubt it he can get away with shutting down ltd after ltd in the custom he appears to be doing now. There very likely exists rules that should prevent him from acting disloyally towards his creditors like this.

coilsandco
Common Wiggler

Post by coilsandco » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:53 pm

ix wrote: There is no doubt he is very unwell mentally and emotionally.

Normal humans dont fuck over people like this , it takes a certain type of human
This is the crux of things here. Ben and his wife Vivienne demonstrate all the characteristics of a sociopathic/psychopathic personality. They are incredibly fucked up people, I hope to God they don't have any children.

Fidgit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fidgit » Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 am

tnx for your comments, guys. yes, i reported all the details weeks ago at

www.actionfraud.police.uk

and i'd encourage every other victim to do so as well. i know of some other wigglers who did so as well. can't hurt if the british police has some more reports of his business practices, even if doesn't trigger immediate action right now. one never knows, right?!

afaik he does similar things in completely different areas (bikes?) as well. however, i haven't verified these sources and the reliability of their content. there's no reason to spend more time on that sad individual called ben. the money he stole from the people should be invested in his therapy, i guess. that would put it at a good use after all. but that's luckily not my business.

living outside of the UK makes it hard and expensive for me to go after him via some official, legal channels. he seems to be very dependent on the money he steals from others, luckily i make my living in a honest way and his theft doesn't put me under financial stress.

still i wonder what made him behave like that - not only in my case. the bc8 and bc16 he shipped years ago were really sweet units and from my pespective he was on a good way to build up an enthusiastic, motivated and loyal customers base. this would for sure generate more income and ensure a better karma than his repeated theft which came after his creative, talented phase.

ix
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ix » Tue May 01, 2012 2:26 pm

still i wonder what made him behave like that
none of us are perfect and for good reason but with ben its a combination of intellectual non emotional arrogance and debt as a result of financial disfunctionality ( very common in ' clever '; people/.with Zero common sense..

financial ineptitude is the key + his own personality type which is very clever in some sense but very lacking in feeling nature and empathy as a result.( identical to 2 other selfish modular builders famous for this kind of fucked up and a certain cold intellectualism )

All in the head and not enough in the heart.

Great at designing circuits , shite at organisation and thinking of the customer.

Business ability = major disfunctional in these types.

What ensues is that classic cycle of ' business is in debt ' what to do ? take more deposits to then fullfill older orders and keep afloat but in bens case he decided to try and deflect the bad press by sending out the new orders instead first ! which worked ! caused confusion and and that then created a feedback loop that fucked him and you even more.

It maybe the case he over invested in tech for the cases or that he did not have a big enough cash float for the business , it maybe the case they had an oversized mortgage or Vivienne likes Channel etc , you just dont know , as some have suggested he likes online poker that could be his weakness and he has a habit of losing money and using business money to fund that habit !

Tim Stinchcombe
Uncommon Wiggler

Post by Tim Stinchcombe » Tue May 01, 2012 2:43 pm

It appears that Trust Online:

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

maintain the records of things like CCJs (county court judgments) against UK companies etc. There is a small search fee of a few quid, so I ran one for Chimera Synthesis - it revealed that there are four 'unsatisfied' CCJs against them, dating back to Nov 2009, totalling just over £4,400, so it looks as though some people have been chasing their money through official channels (and unsatisfied naturally means that the debt is still outstanding).

Interestingly there are two satisfied CCJs, adding to just over £1,400, so it looks like some people have been repaid - these date back to Sept 2009, and there is some overlap with the dates of the outstanding ones.

I assume it is because these CCJs are outstanding that Companies House will not allow the complete dissolution of the company. (There is no other usable info like addresses, as the business park address is given.)

Tim

Tim Stinchcombe
Uncommon Wiggler

Post by Tim Stinchcombe » Tue May 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Just found these, and am wondering if they have filed for personal bankruptcy (and if so, I would imagine the outlook for getting money back is very bleak indeed):

http://london-gazette.vlex.co.uk/vid/fi ... -364385510

http://london-gazette.vlex.co.uk/vid/fi ... -365819254

http://london-gazette.vlex.co.uk/vid/fi ... -365820930

http://london-gazette.vlex.co.uk/vid/fi ... -364384098

If you 'view source' the full addresses are there, including postcodes. Looking at Google Maps, it looks as though one address could be residential, and the other an office, though it is far from conclusive. I wasn't going to 'sign up for free' to see what the full articles say...

Edit: it's terse and in 'legalese', but the pdfs here are free to view - 2nd edit: the 'see full notice' button is better:

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/ ... ch/start=1

Since there are contact details for a 'receiver', it might not hurt shooting off an email, to see what the 'prognosis' for likely repayment is...?

Roycie Roller
Death Row Wiggler

Post by Roycie Roller » Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Fidgit wrote: still i wonder what made him behave like that?

Heroin?

construct09
Sine me up

Post by construct09 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I don,t give a fuck about getting my money back
I want this cunt nailed.....

Fidgit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fidgit » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 am

just a bump in the case that somebody else wants to report the thief to

www.actionfraud.police.uk

it may not trigger any immediate action, but as quite some wigglers (and members of other forums) did report the fraud which ben repeatedly committed to them, the UK officials may have him on the radar screen in the case he wants to register a new (fraudulent) company again, apply for a loan or whatever.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”