MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone have any AMSynths modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Anyone have any AMSynths modules?
nonbot
Anyone have any of these modules? I've never really heard of them until yesterday, but they look fantastic and alot of them are modeled after old vintage synths like the ARP.

Trying to find more demos but don't seem to be many around. Anyone have a try with these and have any opinions? The AM8109 JP8 Low Pass VCF sounds (and looks and is price ) tasty too thumbs up For what they are so far, the price tag is phenomenally affordable as well!

pointsource
I wanna order the dual ADSR, asked for a quote and waiting for reply!! hyper

It seems that this EG maintains it's "snappyness" even in "long mode".
algorhythm
Say, did you check the AM forum here on Muffs? Their website has some demos: http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Products/AM8109/am8109.html
atari5200
I just recently got the Snowfall filter. I haven't had enough free time to really dive into it but so far I'm really happy with how it sounds. Plus the build quality really is top notch.
Spiked Lunch
I have the snowfall too and really like it (I've posted some demos in the amsynths forum section). Would like to get the arp2500 filter when that comes out as it sounds quite interesting.
thetwlo
asked for a quote- as they require, that was a week ago no response. Sadly this seems too common-see the other threads. I don't think they're trying to rip anyone off, but they need to get their shit together. No response, when you try and send them $ is a sign. Hopefully a positive one for them.
nihad
jp8 filter and the adsr, sounds unique in the resonance department, a bit dirtier in 12dB/oct mode, creamy in 24db/oct

rolandish resonance is always good to have onboard. I have this, the korgas and 106-6 in my system.
RKW
@thetwlo, I've been in touch with them (Rob) mid-April with no delay at all. I know they're busy producing the new ARP filters right now, so I guess you should give them a little bit of time.
Barcode
I built the AM8109 about a month ago and I must say it sound fantastic.

As for hearing back from Rob, it normally takes a couple days.
nonbot
Barcode wrote:
I built the AM8109 about a month ago and I must say it sound fantastic.

As for hearing back from Rob, it normally takes a couple days.

I'd love to build one myself! how did you get a hold of a kit?
zamzam
I have an AM8109 and love it, its a really versitile little filter and has a great build quality

amnesia
I have the Snowfall and the AS EMS filter to me they are in the same territory but not the same.

I am interested in the 2600 VCO and the 2500 filter.
Barcode
nonbot wrote:
I'd love to build one myself! how did you get a hold of a kit?

I sent an email to Rob asking what PCB's he had in stock and the AM8109 was in stock (Luckily I had 3 IR3109 chips from my dead JX-3P). I ordered the PCB and hard to find parts.... Minus the IR3109 chip.
steffensen
I have emailed him several times during the last 2 weeks, and still no reply. Not sure whats going on, but i REALLY need that ADSR. Its the last thing missing in my box for now (besides his ARP modules, but i can wait a bit longer for those), and i dont dare to email him one more time.

confused
RobJB06
Which do you prefer the Snowfall or the AS module?
Can you comment about the differences between the two sonically?

amnesia wrote:
I have the Snowfall and the AS EMS filter to me they are in the same territory but not the same.

I am interested in the 2600 VCO and the 2500 filter.
KKD
I have the 8109 jp8 filter & use it primarily with the 8140 dual adsr and a livewire AFG, great pair, and I don't mind the size of the ADSR as some people do.... I also LOVE that there are 3 inputs with input volume control, great for mixing in the different waves from the AFG (sub bass, alien saws etc) every filter should have multiple inputs!
leeski
i have the Mk1 Snowfall and the Asys synthi, they are both cool.
Snowfall has more mixing n'd modulating possibility but i'm running ASys just for space in my dinky rig, the lo end seems good especially pushing the input.
Wanna get out me Snowfall now.............
bazzevo
I have both the 8109 and the 4016. Both very cool filters. Very different but compliment each other really well in my rig. Well worth the money and the wait time.

bazz
mOBiTh
I have the Arp 2600 and the JP8 filters. Built the former one myself.

Both sound great and very high quality 8_)

Definitely recommended and the pricing is great.
cger
I have Snowfall and JP8 - both are killer, highly recommended.
cane creek
Love the Mirage thumbs up
ele
Bought the AM Prophet filter a while ago. One of the best filter i had. Sold it and now regret it. Wish the AMsynth stuff are skiff friendly.
clusterchord
i have 8109 (jp8) and 8328 (Mirage), both are killer. and complement each other so well. i bought both second hand as they were never ever in stock and god knows i've looked so many times. still looking for the new envelope.

i missed the ultra limited run of 8320 - probably because of cem3320 availability. but i wonder if i could perhaps still get one without the chip from Rob, since i have the CEM already.

also would love to build the 8040 as i got some SSM2040 chips too, but i only ever saw a PCB offered in the store, never an euro panel..
squarepenguin
not yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
SmartBits
clusterchord wrote:
also would love to build the 8040 as i got some SSM2040 chips too, but i only ever saw a PCB offered in the store, never an euro panel..

They're a bit hidden on the site, but Rob also provides the CAD files (T3001 format) if you want to order your own panels, including the AM8040. See the instructions on http://www.amsynths.co.uk/products/module-panels/

There are files for:

AM8040 Rossum Filter REV01
AM8044 VCF & VCA REV01
AM8060 VCF for REV06 PCB
AM8320 VCF REV01
AM8109 VCF for REV01 PCB
AM8328 VCF REV01

Obviously they're a bit more expensive, but you'll be having a correct and good looking panel. I want to order one for the AM8040 I'm about to build. I could order two to make it a bit cheaper for the both of us?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2