MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DDDM2 / Grassi - 2 recent ciat-lonbarde builds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author DDDM2 / Grassi - 2 recent ciat-lonbarde builds
zilaihong

DDDM2 by Meng Qi, on Flickr

Circuit:PeterB
PCB:MengQi

12 nodes in the circle would change the sound, while the middle 4 nodes can change the internal patching to change how the outer node ring responds.

My pcb design is all self contained with dc and audio jack. Also it allows users to repatch the touch patching system to obtain the exact response they want.

Grassi by Meng Qi, on Flickr

Circuit : Peter B
PCB : Meng Qi

Super playable and player can actually compose, make notation,practice and play the same piece again later on it.
And there is so many sounds to discover.

One of my fav builds.

-----

I sell pcbs and finished instruments.
pcbs are cheap @ 20$ each.
Scories
Impressive!

Does it deliver constant drons or is it more like the Sidrazzi?
I'd like to hear some sound clips.
subterryanean
Great job!

Where did you find the circuit for the DDM2? I have a parts list for it but no other information.
zilaihong
Thank you guys!

@ Scories :
It delivers constant drones!
I'll do some sound examples later!

@ subterryanean
They are one this page :
http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/dddm2/index.html

Guinness ftw!
subterryanean
Thanks, I totally missed that.
numan7
woah those look like awesome little instruments, zilaihong! how do we order (and what will the prices be for finished instruments)?

cheers
zilaihong
numan7 wrote:
woah those look like awesome little instruments, zilaihong! how do we order (and what will the prices be for finished instruments)?

cheers

Hi, Grassi is 150$, dddm2 is 235$, shipping is 15$ for slow airmail and 30$ for express delivery.

Also has a bunch of other stuff, please check out my web shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/zilaihong

If you are an experienced diyer, you can consider getting the pcbs for 20$ each, cheap. wink

PM if you are interested!
zilaihong
sungja wrote:
That grassi looks like a player. REal cool!

How about complete kits?

thumbs up

Thank you for nice words!

Complete kits goes for 50$. wink
(encloure not included)
pugix
Hi M.Q. I know you from ciat-lonbarde Yahoo group. Glad you found Muff Wiggler! Your boards and instruments look very cool. thumbs up Nice to see someone offering Peter B's designs like this. They are not so easy to DIY.
zilaihong
pugix

Thank you for nice words! Peter's nice designs deserve more users! I hope to spread his designs by designing pcbs for them (since pcbs are MUCH easier to assemble and more stable than paper circuits) and selling them cheap.

I saw your tetrazzi module and listened to 2 tracks you posted on your blog (and google +1 on each of them because they are totally awesome). Also rssed your blog to follow your update! Guinness ftw!
julien
Hi zilaihong,
Can you post some demo of your DDDM2 and Grassi please?
I'm planning to buy one of your instruments but i want to hear it first.
zilaihong
Yeah I will, my 1st ready built dddm2 (the one I took pics) was sold quick. I would record something when I get another built! I am now busy with testing my namasitar pcb (would be another instrument).

Thanks!
subterryanean
What route are you going with the Namasitar? Is it going to be sort of a free form project where one could add the ciruitry to whatever they want?
zilaihong
subterryanean wrote:
What route are you going with the Namasitar? Is it going to be sort of a free form project where one could add the ciruitry to whatever they want?

Yes you can do it.
And you can also get the Namasitar Stylophone !!! Click this link :
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=800129#800129

Guinness ftw!
aethersprite
julien wrote:
Hi zilaihong,

x2 thumbs up SlayerBadger! This is fun!
zilaihong
aethersprite wrote:
julien wrote:
Hi zilaihong,

x2 thumbs up SlayerBadger! This is fun!

I'll do it!
I am now waiting for the new dddm2 encloures to arrive so I can build a new one.
Then I'll do some sound demos!
Scories
I tought that they were build by Peter. d'oh!
Like your design. thumbs up
zilaihong
Yes peter designed these circuits, I designed these pcbs for some of his circuits. wink

Thank you!
revmutt
zilaihong wrote:

@ subterryanean
They are one this page :
http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/dddm2/index.html

Guinness ftw!

I have that Wooden Din Datin Dudero Mark 2 pictured there. Unfortunately it's become a little unstable (not in a good way). I haven't found a good way to address a broken resistor on the paper circuit.
ehafh
sorry to necro post this topic but......
i have tried several times to message Meng Qi on facebook,
and they haven't even opened the message.

has anyone assembled a Grassi organ?

i need to know what some of the parts are.
the diodes are not marked, some caps are not marked.
a lot of the marking system is just of poor too, 104 poly.
for some of the caps. that's like .01 or something right?

if this is unsupported you should stop stocking merchants.
the company is still around today making products.
some of them actually look quite cool. voltage memory for example.

it seems kind of lame to publish Ciat-Lonbarde's hard work
then just never put a BOM out in 4 years time.

so? company just doesn't care?
oversight?
or what?
ClausF
Meng Qi just helps with his PCBs to make Ciat Lonbardes Paper Cirquits a bit easier, which are documented on the web, GO should be here:
http://ciat-lonbarde.net/paper/ with schematic and infos next to the paper circuit.
Diodes should be standard (4148) if not marked, Caps in the paper circuits are marked with lines: 2 lines: 1nf, 4 lines 100 nf etc. This is documented in other paper circuits, but some of the symbos are still unclear...
Welcome to Ciat Lonbarde space...
ehafh
ClausF wrote:
Meng Qi just helps with his PCBs to make Ciat Lonbardes Paper Cirquits a bit easier, which are documented on the web, GO should be here:
http://ciat-lonbarde.net/paper/ with schematic and infos next to the paper circuit.
Diodes should be standard (4148) if not marked, Caps in the paper circuits are marked with lines: 2 lines: 1nf, 4 lines 100 nf etc. This is documented in other paper circuits, but some of the symbos are still unclear...
Welcome to Ciat Lonbarde space...

thanks a lot for the help, i really do appreciate it.
the grassi was something i bought to build for a friend, so they will be thankful as well. thumbs up
zilaihong
ehafh wrote:

so? company just doesn't care?
oversight?
or what?

Sorry about not replying. And today I just realized that I still have 60+ unread messages under "已筛选“ folder, I didn't know that...

For the current low selling quantity of these PCBs, the point is not profit, but to provide an easy way for CL fans to build and get these instruments, it's mainly a contribute to the community.

Thank you for the message, it helped me to make a decision. I just open sourced these board designs. And will discontinue providing these PCBs when current stock is gone. I just revisioned the designs of these boards in 2016, so they should be good as final versions. Anyone can use the files to produce PCBs, it would help the community.

files :
http://www.mengqimusic.com/open-source
ehafh
thank you for making the pcb's open source. very cool. nanners

i also appreciate the reply.
good luck with your main project of meng qi music, i hope to see pcb/panels in the usa in the future :]
ClausF
ehafh wrote:
thank you for making the pcb's open source. very cool. nanners
i also appreciate the reply.
good luck with your main project of meng qi music, i hope to see pcb/panels in the usa in the future :]

Not necessary, you can order them in China, shipping is fair and everything works very well, did that from Europe too... Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2