MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone heard from Don?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Anyone heard from Don?
science
Sent out that check last week and have been trying to verify that he got it and talk to him about my system, but can't seem to get a hold of him. I'm guessing he might be out of town or something?
cbm
I think Don tends to "batch up" communication. I suggest calling mid-morning or mid-to-late afternoon, pacific time.
xart
With Buchla, my advise is always to send with return sig.
If you sent it in the last week and it made it you will know becuase THEY cash checks *fast* lol

If your check is cashed, wait 2 months then call him and ask if he got it.
When your on the phone, ask about when my order will ship thumbs up
science
I had it set up with delivery verification, but also wanted to ask him a few things and make sure he didn't need any other info from me in order to get started on my order.

Left a message yesterday and tried calling him a few times today with no returned calls and no luck... oh well.
science
xart wrote:
When your on the phone, ask about when my order will ship thumbs up

What do you have coming now?

I might need to drop by sooner than later... I've got the itch.
xpander
i'm in the same boat, i sent a check on saturday that should have arrived on monday (he's 45 minutes away). haven't heard from him yet.

i'll just call tomorrow, it always seems to be the most reliable way to communicate with him.
science
I've tried calling a few times now and left a message as well... nothing yet. I'm not too worried, I'm sure he'll get back to me when he wants to, which is the general way things seem to work in the synth industry.
blindoldfreak
i can assure you there is nothing to worry about.

If you sent your check, you'll get the system, even if communication seems difficult!

Just try to enjoy as much time outside as you can now, because it'll be over when the system arrives...

A.
cbm
blindoldfreak wrote:
Just try to enjoy as much time outside as you can now, because it'll be over when the system arrives...

Sage advice.
Lyonel
I wasn't aware of this way of practice in the Modular Industry...
I have placed an order for a 200e and after a deposit of 17000$ (6 May) by Bank Transfer,
i was very anxious because of the no-response to many Emails during 14 days after the transfer...
So one night at 3 o'clock (i am in France) i pick up the phone and despite my really terrible English,
i finally speak to Mr Buchla whom said that he wasn't aware of the deposit.
One day after (20 May) he send me an Email of confirmation... smile
When i tell this to my friends they look at me like that... eek! and laugh... me too but a little forced !

I am no more anxious now (i think wink ) but rather very impatient, and like blindoldfreak said "i just try to enjoy as much time outside",
and expect not to be too professionally busy when the System will arrive, because like Don Buchla,
i will certainly not check my Emails an answer my phone very often.

By the way, and without pouring oil on the fire, is there any Invoice that i must received after this sort of deposit ?
I haven't received any...
momo
Lyonel be reassured by the posts preceeding yours, I agree that there should be no cause for concern. One hears about these kinds of delays all the time in the boutique modular manufacturer's world.. All good things to those who wait... smile

I would think few aspects of the Buchla would lead to anything less than a eek! reaction from your friends. And no, perhaps with orders placed with large conpanies one could expect an order confirmation document but I think your email reply from Don is enough.

Congratulations on having placed your order and btw your English is far from terrible smile
Lyonel
momo wrote:

I would think few aspects of the Buchla would lead to anything less than a eek! reaction from your friends.

Yes, it will be a surprise for some of my very close professional friends, i have not talk about that,
(i expect they don't read this forum, because with my avatar, i am screwed twisted )
i really want to see there faces when this beast will arrive eek! woah screaming goo yo

momo wrote:
Congratulations on having placed your order and btw your English is far from terrible smile

Thank you very much... but you have not heard me w00t
science
blindoldfreak wrote:

If you sent your check, you'll get the system, even if communication seems difficult!

I'm not worried... I just wanted to go over everything and ask a few questions before he gets started on my system. I have no doubt that I'll receive my system.

As far as spending time outside, I barely have time for that anyway. The only reason I can afford things like the 200e is that my business pretty much runs my life seriously, i just don't get it
science
momo wrote:

Not only is it not terrible... it also happens to be better than the caveman like language most americans have devolved into using on the internet.

LOLZ OMG WUT R U DOIINZ? U TWITTOR ME?1LUL
momo
Well I'm glad you said that and not me because I reside in Blighty smile To be fair, there are bastardised strains of English here too, you only need get on a bus in various parts of London to bear witness.

Lyonel I can bet you your English is better than my French, limited to about merci bien. Which is a shame because I do love Paris... It's great to see 200e systems making their way to Europe. If I can get my rear in gear and place an order over the summer then London too will have one to look forward to.
Lyonel
science wrote:

LOLZ OMG WUT R U DOIINZ? U TWITTOR ME?1LUL

don't understand... will solicit my fifteen old son... certainly more "aware" than me about those cryptic linguistics Mr. Green

momo wrote:
It's great to see 200e systems making their way to Europe. If I can get my rear in gear and place an order over the summer then London too will have one to look forward to.

Yes, more 200e in Europe thumbs up
I think there is one in Germany, and in Greece too i believe... hmmm.....
momo
.. and one in Sweden too according to one of the threads here. Belonging to a composer if I recall correctly.

Also wasn't there a seller in Paris that posted his system on the VEMIA auctions here in the UK? I believe he changed his mind and either kept it or has since sold it privately. He has / had a 259e...
xpander
i believe the one from france was purchased by a guy here in san francisco (where i'm at right now).
Lyonel
Therefore it seems there is three 200e in Europe at this time,
sparse species isn't it !

We need more Buchla 222e
science
Dropped him another e-mail after a few more failed attempts at phone calls... we'll see what happens I guess d'oh!

I'm not mad about this or anything, but I do have to say that synth manufacturers are lucky that people like us are borderline insane and willing to put up with a lot to get these things, because this wouldn't fly in any other industry.
science
blindoldfreak wrote:

A.

Forgot to mention... I had bought your new release a while back and forgotten about it (as in not listened to it). A track from it popped up on my ipod in shuffle mode on the way home yesterday, which prompted me to listen to the whole thing front to back. Very enjoyable. Nice one.
momo
science wrote:
I'm not mad about this or anything, but I do have to say that synth manufacturers are lucky that people like us are borderline insane and willing to put up with a lot to get these things, because this wouldn't fly in any other industry.

With respect, that's not entirely true. Here in the UK for instance, there is a lovely television programme called Grand Designs. It's where dreamers buy a plot of land or a disused factory and turn it into the home they've always dreamed of. These shows, literally every episode, is littered with tales of rediculous delays from cottage industry suppliers of exotica like bespoke curved glass for windows or hand made wooden stairs. Even so called stock items are often subject to delays.

In keeping with the UK theme let's shine a light on Northampton, famous for the worlds loveliest shoes (though Lyonel may argue Paris' Corthay or Dimitri Gomez would have something to say about that!) If one were to visit Jermyn St. London and pop into John Lobb or Edward Green you'd find, after making your choices and paying a 50% deposit you'd be given a tentative delivery date, anything from 2 - 6 months, depending on the load upon the artisans back at the Northhamptonshire factory and then you just have to twiddle your thumbs and wait. Hmmm, really reminds me of something smile

Moving stateside and to the world of Japanese selvedge denim, you'll find the lovely people a New York's Blue In Green will announce something special being done in Japan, following which they'll take pre-orders and then send the info back to the factory in Japan for manufacture.

No doubt many of us here can think of countless other examples by looking at our other interests. My aim is not to be a smarty pants, but more to politely suggest that though my examples are hardly on topic for these forums, they all share one common theme which is their inherent boutique nature. Cheers
science
I'm not talking about delays... I'm talking about difficulty getting them to pick up their phones, return calls, etc.
science
...though as for delays, I've currently got the guy from Chimera telling me on a daily basis that my bC8 will ship "tomorrow" or "today". Each time there's a new excuse. Nice.
momo
I think it's still related, I know I've been 'unavailable' when the Weller is plugged in. I imagine the world of the artisan holds an irony in that although they are following a rather ascetic path, concurrently they're something of a metaphorical one man band. I can hardly believe Don answers the phone to us! Though I'm sure if he hired a receptionist the ultimate cost to the customer would have to be revised. Anyway by all accounts I'm sure you'll reach him soon enough. Congrats to you too for placing your order and good luck!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2