MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsNews   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

All dressed in white (3.5mm cables)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author All dressed in white (3.5mm cables)

urbanscallywag

I needed more patch cords for my Patch Chord, so I decided to do something fun. Introducting white 3.5mm cables, from Erthenvar:

They are available in 6 lengths ranging from 15cm (~6") to 120cm (~48"), tip to tip. The shortest is great for intra-module patching, for example monotron-E VCO OUT to VCF IN. The two longest lengths will be useful for those with massive modular systems.

In stock and ready to patch:

http://erthenvar.com/store/35cables/35white

Ted

SlayerBadger!

Lovely.

haricots

You need some Modcan now!

chvad

ordering now!

Junk Rhythm

Oh wow! If you did purple and orange, you would become like my new best friend.

John Noble

booty wiggler

negativspace

Nice! Do I have time to add some of those to the giant pile of Euro ribbons I just ordered? hihi

urbanscallywag

Certainly, check PM w00t

MindMachine

That looks so clean.
I do not know why but I thought of James Bond in a tuxedo playing baccarat. Snowman Because it looks so classy I suppose?

Popski

yes!!!!

Matos

Just ordered a poop load. I'm a cable maniac! These look perfect. Thanks for thinking of us aesthetic snobs.

James Mandible

Junk Rhythm wrote:
Oh wow! If you did purple and orange, you would become like my new best friend.

I +1 both of those plus neon green

yes I'm serious hihi

These look awesome btw, gonna have to snag some!

Junk Rhythm

I will be grabbing some of the white ones for sure. It's really awesome to see another way for us to visually grasp a patch. Every color that gets added to the system makes tracing a voice/patch so much easier. Thank you urbanscallywag.

jln

urbanscallywag wrote:
I needed more patch cords for my Patch Chord, so I decided to do something fun. Introducting white 3.5mm cables, from Erthenvar

I just noticed these this morning. Nice ! These got me reconsidering my all black-cabled setup thumbs up

exper

Really awesome! I was just saying I need some really short cables! I'll definitely be grabbing some of these.

Oh and just in case, color request: Orange and Grey.

Shadow84

Good looking case also, what is it?

ju4n

❤ ♡ ❤ czxy

kuxaan-sum

Awesome...got one of each to check out.

urbanscallywag

Shadow84 wrote:

Thanks, it's a Monorocket M6

urbanscallywag

Thank you for the orders and for the feedback. Now if you'll excuse me I have some packing to do. screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

WaveRider

Junk Rhythm wrote:
Every color that gets added to the system makes tracing a voice/patch so much easier. Thank you urbanscallywag.

yeah!!! +1

Funky40

Junk Rhythm wrote:
Every color that gets added to the system makes tracing a voice/patch so much easier. Thank you urbanscallywag.
this !
tracing is a big factor IMHO.
much more important than to have the next VCF clone wink

are they available from AH ?
( shipping / customs / need to get them from AH )

kimu

beautiful!
you should paint in white all your modules now!

urbanscallywag

funky40: the cables are only available at Erthenvar. We ship international, you can get a quote after you add some stuff to your cart.

theabsent

Yes! Looking extremely good and the price is right too!

lloydcole

Exactly what I was looking for!
Ordered some. Only problem being I had to look at the Patch Chord again which I would really like to have a play with but have neither space nor budget, right now wink

j9k

ordered almost

O))) 77

definitely picking up a some of these. love the look of the white cables over silver and black modules.

L

Cooool!
Classy!!

Audio Dependent

this is cool!

but whats the module to the left of the patch chord???

Matos

Damn, ordered last night. Already shipped. You rule! My shits all top hats and caviar from now on.

Shadow84

urbanscallywag wrote:
Shadow84 wrote:

Thanks, it's a Monorocket M6

Thanks ; )

dan_k

These look great! Perfect timing too, there were some other odds and ends I was meaning to pick up.

morphic

ship to uk? hmmm.....

qu.one

Any chance of getting a snapshot of these next to Doepfer and AdInfinitum cables? Just trying to see the plug thickness.

Chris

I ordered some today - shipping for 12 cables was $6.90. It still worked out cheaper than most other places with the exchange rate.

urbanscallywag

morphic wrote:
ship to uk? hmmm.....

Yes! If you add some cables to your cart and click Shopping Cart at the upper right, you will be able to see the shipping price. Chris also mentioned his price for reference.

urbanscallywag

qu.one wrote:
Any chance of getting a snapshot of these next to Doepfer and AdInfinitum cables? Just trying to see the plug thickness.

I measured an AI cable at 3.46 and 3.49mm. I measured a white cable at 3.41 and 3.42mm. I don't have any Doepfer cables.

They stick in the looser jacks and feel nice in the tighter ones. This is fun!

urbanscallywag

Audio Dependent wrote:
this is cool!

but whats the module to the left of the patch chord???

That is PulpLogic's expander for the Patch Chord, called the Chords:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55625

I hope it starts shipping soon! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Funky40

urbanscallywag wrote:
funky40: the cables are only available at Erthenvar. We ship international, you can get a quote after you add some stuff to your cart.
thanks, i´l have a look

dualmono

Could you please measure the length of the metal part of the plug from your cables? Certain lengths of doepfers plugs pop out of Cwejman (and other) modules jacks... just making sure.

urbanscallywag

Oh, it's the length that's the problem?

Hmph, not the easiest to measure, but here:

AI: 14.13mm
white: 14.12mm

lizlarsen

Really gorgeous!

urbanscallywag

Another baseline comparison of sorts, RCD AOK:

The shortness:

urbanscallywag

The photos on Erthenvar.com are much more color accurate, the cables do not have the yellow tint seen above. Dead Banana

dualmono

urbanscallywag wrote:
Oh, it's the length that's the problem?

Hmph, not the easiest to measure, but here:

AI: 14.13mm
white: 14.12mm

Excellent!
My last batch of doepfer cables were almost all 13mm or less and popped out (of the cwejman modules and a few others), so I'm a happy panda with your cables.
Order placed already yesterday.
applause

urbanscallywag

Wow, that does sound short.

I don't have any Cwejman modules, but this sounds like a great excuse. For science. hihi

John Noble

Let's not forget the highly informative comparative length photo:

lol

kuxaan-sum

Sweet...ordered Sat AM and cables shipped the same day. thumbs up

confusedinNC

OH GOD YES.

urbanscallywag

John Noble wrote:
Let's not forget the highly informative comparative length photo:

lol

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Gribs

Nice. I ordered some of these too, along with some 10" power connectors for my 150 HP boat. Some of the shorter connectors on my modules won't reach the bus boards.

urbanscallywag

All orders placed before 10PM last night have been shipped! nanners

dualmono

Got no confirmation yet... or won't you send out confirmations of a shipment via your CMS or paypal?
hmmm.....

urbanscallywag

Doing personal confirmations as I type...

tehyar

Love it! I can't decide if it just looks spiffy in all black and white, or if it looks like there's some weird fungal/wormy growths coming out of your modular. Both?

negativspace

I don't have anything to add about the cables (mine are en route w00t ) but tehyar, I love your avatar. hihi

HueMonContact

Shweeeet... I'm off to order some of these today when I get to work.

urbanscallywag

tehyar wrote:
Love it! I can't decide if it just looks spiffy in all black and white, or if it looks like there's some weird fungal/wormy growths coming out of your modular. Both?

8_)

Relevant (if you don't know it/can't read it, Analog Worms Attack):

tehyar

negativspace wrote:
I don't have anything to add about the cables (mine are en route w00t ) but tehyar, I love your avatar. hihi

thanks, and likewise. hihi

This is the original a friend sent me:

JohnLRice

eek! I ordered mine on Saturday and got them TODAY!!!!!!!!! woah jawdrop we're not worthy applause thumbs up And they are very nice!

Matos

Mine too! Hot to death! Looking sharp as hell! Feel great with nice draping.

VortexRanger

Ordered!

DonaldCrunk

daaaaaamn son, i wish i needed cables right now. we could have matching blizzard rigs This is fun!

negativspace

Received! That was amusingly quick, I actually had 'em yesterday but just now cracked the box open. They look great with the red and black cables I already have. screaming goo yo

lloydcole

Mine are here, too. Lovely eco packaging, too!
They look and feel great - will test run them later.

Now - if we could get some grey ones, too I'd have a great monotone vibe.

grape tony

ordered some the opther day. cant wait. love the white. will look cool with my white davies knobs love

computer controlled

Yes, finally, been waiting for white cables! =o]

JohnLRice

They look nize and workz gud! screaming goo yo thumbs up

computer controlled

Haha, nice little Euro system there =o]

Matos

Already thinking of ordering more. I'm keeping all my video signals in white. It really helps me find my place mentally as a patch grows in complexity. With so much doing double duty, it's great to be able to instantly know which channel of Maths is video, and which is audio.

JohnLRice

computer controlled wrote:
Haha, nice little Euro system there =o]
Thank you sir! Guinness ftw! we're not worthy Will I be seeing you on June 2nd at the Experience Museum? hyper

urbanscallywag

Thanks everyone! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Cat-A-Tonic

Bukake!

grape tony

got mine yesterday. roughly 48 hrs from when i ordered them. not only do they look good, they work nicely/feel good

gonna have to order more

A+ applause

negativspace

I do love the feel of these things, planning on expanding the palette any time soon?

chvad

agreed. using them right now and they drape wonderfully. Feel great and look great in use. All my other cables right now (doepfer and a few others) just look like knotty shit right now. Despite being hung straight every day they never EVER straight or drape nice in use. I wish I had a small fortune to replace them all right now. More colors would def be tempting.

urbanscallywag

negativspace wrote:
I do love the feel of these things, planning on expanding the palette any time soon?

Thank you

The pilot seems to have gone well, so... hihi

negativspace

It's motherfucking bacon yo

chvad

Make that two:
It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo

Matos

I know. Already ordered a second batch. It's motherfucking bacon yo

kimu

ops... posted in the wrong thread.... seriously, i just don't get it

JohnLRice

JohnLRice wrote:
They look nize and workz gud!

Well, I actually ran into one that is defective. cry Not a big deal, just felt I should say so for the sake of balance. thumbs up I'll send urbanscallywag a pm now. 8_)

urbanscallywag

Sorry John! oops

Will fix.

JohnLRice

urbanscallywag rules! we're not worthy He sent me a PM even before I had a chance! I appreciate the excellent service! Hug

James Mandible

Got mine today and they really do look and feel great! Absolutely loving them, they look beautiful against my black case.

Quick request, if/when the line gets expanded I'd love some 1/4 to 1/8 cables of this quality (and in colors! screaming goo yo ) for some Modular on Moog loving if at all possible. I know I'd buy a buttload! thumbs up

drox

James Mandible wrote:
Got mine today and they really do look and feel great! Absolutely loving them, they look beautiful against my black case.

Quick request, if/when the line gets expanded I'd love some 1/4 to 1/8 cables of this quality (and in colors! screaming goo yo ) for some Modular on Moog loving if at all possible. I know I'd buy a buttload! thumbs up

im also looking for some 1/4 to 1/8 cables also

rico loverde

seriously fast shipping. mine were in the mail the next day. cant wait for mine, they will look so sexy on my 300 series.

urbanscallywag

Interesting idea about 3.5mm to 1/4" cables. What sort of length would be useful for cross modular action?

urbanscallywag

rico loverde wrote:
they will look so sexy on my 300 series.

Pics please love

cr

drox wrote:
James Mandible wrote:

same here ... length-wise, 90 and 120 cm would be nice.

boramx

Scallawag-

Package received---thx!

Now i'll suggest runs in

Pink

Purple

Orange

Oatmeal

Malachite

Fallow

Razzmatazz

Ok the last four were leg pulls.

James Mandible

cr wrote:
drox wrote:
James Mandible wrote:

same here ... length-wise, 90 and 120 cm would be nice.

I'll have to check what length the ones I have already are when I get home, but I'm thinking that's probably about right.

EDIT-yup, 90cm. I would be down for longer lengths as well though.

negativspace

I use 6-footers between mixer and modular - used to use 10. Probably overkill for this project, but 6' was pretty handy.

1/4->1/8" cables are also great for interfacing Kenton converters with old monsynths - my old Pro-2 has 1/8" outs, anyway, and all the old gear has 1/4" ins. (Save the Odyssey, it's 1/8".)

50quidsoundboy

urbanscallywag wrote:
I needed more patch cords for my Patch Chord, so I decided to do something fun. Introducting white 3.5mm cables, from Erthenvar

ooh nice! just ordered some!

TestSetRadio

just ordered!!

dualmono

Received! Took only one week to Europe. Brilliant! As opposed to two orders from other manufacturers in the USA which are in their 5th week already.
hmmm.....

One thing though:
Those cables are staying on the balcony for degassing for two days and nights (at least) and will never go into my mouth for temporary holding!
(hides)

Hopefully the sun and the wind won't shrink the 3.5mms to 2.5mm and the length to 3" each.
hihi

urbanscallywag

I wish I could say that I knew the secret handshake at the Post Office, but I think it's just luck of the draw with customs. Ninja

The cables are hot off the press, hopefully they will finish out gassing soon. I guess I'm kind of like the canary in the mine - if I go missing you'll know what happened. lol

And watch out for sun burn! 8_)

vav

Good fucking god do i want Purple.

TestSetRadio

the length of these (17in) is exactly what I needed. so stoked.

rico loverde

very nice feel to these!!! thanx again!!!

Microscopial

im in yahoo applause

Soundoferror

Got mine today, super fast, also refunded excess shipping charges, and they are awesome, super feel, and they're white!
Thanks for great product and service

urbanscallywag

rico loverde wrote:

I think Rico wins this thread! Thanks for sharing. screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

Microscopial

superb 5 days from purchase to paws and all the way from amurika cheers ross

morphic

ordered mine last night SlayerBadger!

jw112

rico loverde wrote:

Looks fantastic!

50quidsoundboy

can't believe how quickly these got to the UK. lovely cables!

morphic

7 days from order to england great ! Lovely feel , weight and awsome looking

cheers

we're not worthy

bellurypants

just got a bunch of these cables. super fast shipping and great service! thanks!!

morphic

just need purple and kawasaki green now ? Please

razz SlayerBadger!

jnlkrt

mine almost got sent back overseas cos the delivery person forgot to put a note into our mailbox. picked them up at the post office last minute. glad i got them - these cables are awesome! exactly what i was looking for.

Oldstench

Just ordered 4 packs. Looking forward to patching in mono.

Rmonkey

These look lovely. When are you expecting to restock the 45 and 30cm lengths?

supergregg

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered some long ones, and noticed the chords expander was in stock so naturally I had to get one of those too.

Junk Rhythm

morphic wrote:
just need purple and kawasaki green now ?

+100 for purple and Kawasaki green. Orange and grey are welcome as well.

Nullsleep

exper wrote:
Oh and just in case, color request: Orange and Grey.

Junk Rhythm wrote:

Orange and grey are welcome as well.

Another vote for orange and grey! SlayerBadger!

seank

These are the best cables I have ever used. If you make these in a few more weird colors, you win. Take my money.

urbanscallywag

seank wrote:
These are the best cables I have ever used. If you make these in a few more weird colors, you win. Take my money.

Thanks Sean, and good timing.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=906082

w00t

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 5