MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How to retrigger notes with the MS-812
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Author How to retrigger notes with the MS-812
akrylik
I looked through the manual like 3 times and all the options in the CopperLan Manager (Editor section) but I don't see how to get the MS-812 to retrigger the gate when notes are overlapping?

help
AlyseumSupport
akrylik wrote:
I looked through the manual like 3 times and all the options in the CopperLan Manager (Editor section) but I don't see how to get the MS-812 to retrigger the gate when notes are overlapping?
help

You can enjoy the retrigger feature as long as you have envelope generators with a trigger input (in addition to their gate input), such as the Doepfer A-140.
How to proceed in the MS-812:
assign up to 6 voices of polyphony (or 6 mono or anything in between)
- set the first 6 digital outs as gates
- set the next 6 digital outs as triggers
- connect to envelope generators with gate and trigger jacks.

When generating only gate signals, the retrigger vs non-retrigger behavior is implicit when the source sends CopperLan messages.
When the source is MIDI, this behavior is depending on the choice of implementation in the message receiver (the MS-812).
Currently the gate signal is non-retriggered.
In the next update, we will add a parameter in each section to select between these two behaviors.
This will allow playing with retrigger on envelope generators that lack a dedicated trigger input.
akrylik
Thanks for the info, AlyseumSupport!

I think having the gate signal re-trigger is definitely the preferred solution because the current solution is quite wasteful with the digital outputs but I am glad there is at least a way to proceed in the current state.

Great module by the way.
akrylik
So I tried what you suggested and it turns out that the MS-812 doesn't respond to a trigger while another note is being held.

1) I set up one mono pitch to CV 1 and mono trigger to digital 1 and mono gate to digital 2.
2) I press and hold one note and I see the trigger flash on digital 1 and the gate remains high on digital 2.
3) While keeping the previous note held, I press another note on my keyboard. CV 1 tracks the pitch but no trigger on digital 1.
AlyseumSupport
akrylik wrote:
So I tried what you suggested and it turns out that the MS-812 doesn't respond to a trigger while another note is being held.

It seems that you are the first one to have found a bug. Thank you. thumbs up
As said previously. we planned an update anyway.
This correction will be included.
akrylik
Hi Alyseum Support

I was just wondering when we can expect the above mentioned update?

Cheers!
AlyseumSupport
akrylik wrote:

I was just wondering when we can expect the above mentioned update?

It will be available with a set of new features after the holidays.
All MS-812 can be upgraded via the network without disassembling.
AlyseumSupport
The promised update is now available.
See in Alyseum's announcement section.

Thank you again for your kind patience Om
sylvainmoreau
Hi,

i just received my 812 today.
i'm also looking for the retrig but the only settings i see on the
manager / EDIT / MS-812 / Digi jacks / Jack control / Digi 1 role =
Mono 1 Comparator
Mono 1 Selector X
Mono 1 gate
Mono 1 trigger

am i looking at the right place ? i can't find the retrigger info in the manual.
also as it is a recent unit is the firmware updated or maybe i have to do that and that's why i don't see retriggers ? mine says"0127" is it 0,127 or 1,27 ? and i see it 1.1now in this post ? not clear.
sylvainmoreau
oooh sorry i didn't understood the first answer to this post.
i've used a kenton where this feature only requires a gate..
they call it retrigger because on new coming note they do a short note off.

Quote:
02 Multiple trigger (default: on)
Range on [on] / off [of]
- If set to on (multiple trigger mode), a new valid note will briefly turn off the gate to retrigger the envelope generators of the mono-synth. If turned off (normal trigger mode), the gate stays on when a new note is played.

this worked for me with my dotcom Q109.
now i realise i can't use this enveloppe because it doesn't have a retrigg input :p

any chance you add a similar feature in upcoming update ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Alyseum  
Page 1 of 1