MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Synthesizers soon for euro
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Serge Synthesizers soon for euro
amnesia
did you know about this?
http://sergesynthesizers.com/

It is the Banalogue guy and he will be selling Serge euro modules.
wavecircle
No fucking way.

applause applause
RealDudes
all it says is serge synthesizers
and banalogue has been porting serge designs for some time
right?
RealDudes
did I just get punk'd?
richard
no something new is in the air. Seems like he is intending to offer something substantially more than just a couple of modules. Might be a nice budget system option, or a cheaper way of bulking up an existing systems?

Nanas would be an important option for me - might just as well DIY otherwise.

But it looks very much like Serge is going to be available in both 4U and 3U with both commercial and DIY options!
greydominion
love
infradead
a little more info in this thread

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=783452#783452
rico loverde
great news SlayerBadger!
rayce
Wonder what Rex thinks about this. Thought that he had some sort of rights to the designs?
infradead
from my above link

Bananalogue wrote:

im not giving any time table, but you will see "serge" brand euro rack modules and instrument pedals from me in the coming months. they are fully endorsed by serge tcherepnin himself, with royalties paid to him for his designs. good karma all around.

i will update the sergesynthesizers.com website when modules become available.
RealDudes
can we convince Gur to make more stackables now?
ignatius
wow. curious to see how this pans out. exciting news.

the world is bending further towards eurorack. big surprise
chrisso
richard wrote:

Nanas would be an important option for me - might just as well DIY otherwise.

Bananas on a Eurorack module would be a design disaster IMO.

Which Serge modules would be advantageous in Euro format, now we have Maths, plus a plethora of filters, quality oscillators and wave folders?
amnesia
to me its now all about the WAD and Serge filters, nothing touches them :-)
pas
chrisso wrote:

Why?
toppobrillo
Quote:

The wad isn't gonna happen, if any semblance of it did, it won't be very close to the original, if they expect to make more than a few and euro friendly size price and depth wise.

Filters- what all euro filters have you compared which serge filters to?
toppobrillo
Quote:

chrisso wrote:

I think the option to have them would be great, but imo the mechanical requirements for building euro modules to reasonable' widths/ depths and accomodate either would make this tricky.. Although, the jacks bananalogue currently uses have the same size mounting hole as Emerson bananas.. Dunno about the brand that sts uses.

Curious to see what's in store!
amnesia
toppobrillo wrote:
Quote:

Filters- what all euro filters have you compared which serge filters to?

I havent heard any euro filters that have that stone/glassy sound the Serge has. I own many euro filters.
amnesia
it is doeable though :-) Most of the time its fairly simple.

Here is my first modular system back in 2006-2007 I used it to enhance the Serge I had at the time.
chrisso
pas wrote:
chrisso wrote:

Why?

Because every other Eurorack module is mini-jack.
chrisso
amnesia wrote:

I havent heard any euro filters that have that stone/glassy sound the Serge has. I own many euro filters.

I agree that the breadth in Euro filters is still quite narrow.
I can't say that I particularly desire another Serge filter. Nothing bad to say, but nothing outstanding either IMO.

I really like the Toppo filter (as an aside).
amnesia
Just had confirmation from Ken Stone who is the maker of the PCB's that it will be euro format jacks ( no banana) Also no WAD impossible parts to get.
essex sound lab
amnesia wrote:
Just had confirmation from Ken Stone who is the maker of the PCB's that it will be euro format jacks ( no banana)

Well, that's a bummer. Being able to expand a Serge system in a more incremental way -- and with more distribution -- would seem to be a win to me.
subterryanean
I'd love to see the VCQF, all three sections of the Wav. Mult, and Random Source.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
chrisso wrote:
I agree that the breadth in Euro filters is still quite narrow.

I think that statement requires qualification. What, exactly, are we missing? We've got 4-pole cascade filters, state-variable filters, MS-20 clones, diode ladder filters, wasp filters, polyvoks filters, SEM filters, voltage-controlled resonators, lowpass gates -- that's just what I could think of typing this response.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15