MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Synthesizers soon for euro
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author Serge Synthesizers soon for euro
BHC303
Did this ever happen?
Waz
rayce wrote:
Wonder what Rex thinks about this. Thought that he had some sort of rights to the designs?

If Rex would drop some dough and get a proper website with purchase options, he'd have a lot more orders for Serge. I have lusted after Serge for quite some time. The prospect of having it in euro amazes me.

Calling some random phone number you find on the internet is not a good way to sell synthesizers.
Seracs
---
Waz
Does it work for him? How do we know? I've heard differently.
ndkent
Waz wrote:
Does it work for him? How do we know? I've heard differently.

What I've heard years ago is it's an excellent filter. Calling him he can figure out who needs that extra info to likely order something and who's just collecting info and can email questions that require complex answers
Gringo Starr
I spoke with Rex a few times and I specifically asked him about this. He said "absolutely not". He then went on to speak about complete systems designed to work together as opposed to a bunch of shit thrown together and that he didn't want to be a part of the "mess". Well who really knows for sure? That's just what Rex said to me at that time.
andrewF
rayce wrote:
Wonder what Rex thinks about this. Thought that he had some sort of rights to the designs?

Serge still owns the designs. That is why CGS and Bananalogue (and presumably Doepfer in time) pay royalties to him and not Rex.

As for Rex's arrangement with Serge seriously, i just don't get it , it is their private business. Perhaps it may be fun if we all speculate on that for a while whistlin'
Low-Gain
Rumors guys.. Rumors..
BooleanYulian
I've asked Rex on a few occasions that question and offered to contribute to an STS site.. basically he's absolutely not interested in what other manufacturers are doing and hence, does not see anyone as competition (.. not being part of the mess..).. as far as the orders are concerned, he says there's enough work to keep the entire team happy and busy and is not really interested in going "main stream" as it would compromise the quality and complicate things.. (imagine mass producing panels by hand.. bradding all the wires.. etc..)

.. bottom line is that he prefers to deal with client personally over the phone (or email at worst) and he won't compromise his manufacturing and work standards.. there's also the "if it aint broken, dont fix it" standpoint
cephalopod
If these become available at a reasonable price point, it may be what finally gets me to switch to a euro system.
sempervirent
Was this totally overlooked in the discussion?
https://twitter.com/tiptopaudio/status/274955900211589121

BHC303
I wonder what?
amnesia
I don't think the Seth Serge euro is going to happen any time soon.
sascha.victoria
Wasn't TipTop going to do polyphonic modules?
bertbocklandt
Any news/update on this???

Would love the Serge Wave Multiplier in euro w00t
nordlead
I guess the most likely place to find any updates is here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79362
widgetoz
bertbocklandt wrote:
Any news/update on this???

Would love the Serge Wave Multiplier in euro :party:

You can go to my EuroSerge and Panther ES sections of my shop where we have some 23 SERGE modules in 3U format and with 3.5mm OR 4mm jacks :)
Something for EVERYONEPanther modules
widgetoz
mb123music wrote:
calcaarmario wrote:
Any news on the original topic???
Cant wait to see some photos, videos, sounds, etc of a Serge Eurorack prototype!!! :omg:

+1 :banana: :nana: :bananaguitar: :bacon:

Don't have photos of physical systems yet but you can see some of the 'systems' here EuroSerge
and this is the one I am putting together now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15