wilson analog delay

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

bartlebooth
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bartlebooth » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:42 pm

wow, those are interesting ideas! :yay: ..seems like the ability to handle both CV and audio really opens up alot of possibilities beyond normal delay effects.

Also, I was thinking we really need to start compiling all these Rex-isms somewhere- they make up part of a folk history of the Serge that really should be preserved!

smitty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by smitty » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:27 am

bartlebooth wrote:wow, those are interesting ideas! :yay: ..seems like the ability to handle both CV and audio really opens up alot of possibilities beyond normal delay effects.

Also, I was thinking we really need to start compiling all these Rex-isms somewhere- they make up part of a folk history of the Serge that really should be preserved!
I really need to start recording the calls, because there is so much info, stories, and classic shit he says that's worth remembering. I'm off to go find the meaning of "Gremlins from the Kremlin".

After listening to the clips I'm pretty excited about the WAD, thanks for those everybody!

smitty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by smitty » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:53 am

bartlebooth wrote: Also, I was thinking we really need to start compiling all these Rex-isms somewhere
Here's one :

He was preparing me how to adjust our mixer for the signal given the output of the system and what to expect given the +22dBm peaks, and +20 volt...

Rex finishes with : "I'm just telling you this stuff Kev, because this shit doesn't come with training wheels. Your gear won't know what to do with that."

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 am

bartlebooth wrote:... seems like the ability to handle both CV and audio really opens up alot of possibilities beyond normal delay effects.
Yeah, I think I'm going to try this approach with everything else, as well. I always feel like I'm scratching the surface...
bartlebooth wrote: Also, I was thinking we really need to start compiling all these Rex-isms somewhere- they make up part of a folk history of the Serge that really should be preserved!
Good idea! There's a thread already that can serve as a nice starting point for compiling into a document.

There's so much! I used to take notes when I talked to him since he was spewing out interesting history, tips, and theory left and right.

amnesia
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by amnesia » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:31 am

yesterday i saw 3 cars with WAD numberplates!

HexEnduction
Veteran Wiggler

Post by HexEnduction » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Cebec and BananaPlug- These WAD demos are great!!! :hail:

confusional
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by confusional » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Redacted.
Last edited by confusional on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pockets McCoy
Boll Weevils In Yo Field

Post by Pockets McCoy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:38 am

According to FedEx, I should have a Soup Kitchen (among other things...) on Thursday (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFINALLYFINALLYFINALLYSERGEATMYFINGERTIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :omg: :omg: :goo: :goo: :sb: :sb: :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :agonizer: :agonizer: :hyper: :hyper: ) And I know good and well that I'll be having ass-bleeding amounts of fun and will feel compelled to record what's going on, so more WAD demos are to be expected by the weekend...

b3nsf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by b3nsf » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:15 am

so ready to see/hear your amazing set-ups, ideas and sounds!!! 8_)
its like saying you experience michaelangelo because there is a picture on your happy meal
--shreddoggie
Last time I checked there was nothing Vanilla about old Chi- Acid....that shit's Chocolate as it gets.
--Kendall Station

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks for the comments on my WAD demo, guys.
I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing lots more Serge action around here in the coming weeks and months!
Bring it on! :nana:

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”