MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ross "Wood King" Lamond - The RosSash Case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Author Ross "Wood King" Lamond - The RosSash Case
l e b e r
Here's my beauty case.

Ross has been amazing throughout the development of this case... It's a case based on some badly done google sketch-up designs i did, which Ross patiently turned into something beautiful and, above all, practical. Ross added his own ideas to the design which made it something far better than I had hoped for.

I've been working with a Doepfer Base Case, [currently being sold smile], but the ergonomics of this one beats the Doepfer easily.

It's 104hp, 12u powered by Tip Top. All the power was installed by Ross extremely professionally and he took real care into placing where the busboards should go...maximising space for deep modules, while not making them too far away for short ribbon cables.

If anyone is on the fence about getting Ross to make you a case, i'd happily shove you off the fence and recommend you pick up the phone and calling the fella. You wont regret it. This man knows wood.

a wee thing amuses the bairn.
l e b e r
more pics love

l e b e r
...and how could i forget....

Ross's genius idea to make this case work was to install a steel plate at the bottom to centre the gravity and stop the case from toppling backwards when sticking patch cables in. I can push patch cables in with some force without the case from moving.
tweaka
A gravity defying masterpiece Ross
reminds me of this pic for some reason
Clockgate
Wow, that is an awesome case leber, Ross is just such an awesome craftsman. My stripey 12U is just the dogs bollock, I can't wait until I can afford another one. 8_)
mudlogger
thats a quality case l e b e r applause

hats off to Ross for his woodmanship! we're not worthy
l e b e r
Quote:
hats off to Ross for his woodmanship!
... absolutely. his enthusiasm for wood and modular stuff is always a pleasure to hear on the phone, definitely the right person to give your hard earned money to for a nice case.

Quote:
I can't wait until I can afford another one
... ha! yeah me too. i'm already making plans for a little brother to go with this one.
akrylik
What faceplate for the Maths is that leber?
l e b e r
its an alternate faceplate made my muff member qu.one. there's a thread somewhere where he does runs of them... maybe PM him if your interested in one. he also does an alternate wogglebug one too.
rezzn8r
l e b e r wrote:

tweaka wrote:

Nice case!! SlayerBadger!
Is there a support in the back?
dude
ross is that man with that plan
l e b e r
rezzn8r wrote:
Nice case!! SlayerBadger!
Is there a support in the back?

thanks! there's no support at the back. ross installed a steel plate at the bottom of the case so it doesn't topple back. the steel plate adds extra weight to the case, but also makes the case play to the strict rules of gravity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Page 1 of 1