Volta Troubleshooting Flowchart

Discussion and support for MOTU's Volta software.

Moderators: Kent, stretta

stretta
Veteran Wiggler

Volta Troubleshooting Flowchart

Post by stretta » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:38 am

This chart will save a lot of back and forth if you're having difficultly calibrating Volta. I'm embedding a link, instead of posting inline due to the size. Just open in preview and zoom and scroll.

http://66.92.94.107/misc/Volta_Calibrat ... ng_1.0.jpg

doctorvague
ole fuckity fuck

Re: Volta Troubleshooting Flowchart

Post by doctorvague » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:38 pm

stretta wrote:This chart will save a lot of back and forth if you're having difficultly calibrating Volta. I'm embedding a link, instead of posting inline due to the size. Just open in preview and zoom and scroll.

http://66.92.94.107/misc/Volta_Calibrat ... ng_1.0.jpg
Well this is semi-on-topic then. My question is how and where are the calibration files (if any) stored. Say I calibrate 6 oscillators with 6 separate instances of Volta in DP - is that stored with the DP file? Can it be? I'm doing auto calibration and not manual. Any info you can give about how these things are dealt with in Volta would be helpful. If I consistently use the same outs to the same oscillators and the oscillators are stable, seems like stored calibration would be easy and then just tweak as needed after that. I really have read this section of the manual several times, but still feel like I'm missing something simple here.

as always, thanks for your help,
Phil

stretta
Veteran Wiggler

Post by stretta » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Well this is semi-on-topic then. My question is how and where are the calibration files (if any) stored. Say I calibrate 6 oscillators with 6 separate instances of Volta in DP - is that stored with the DP file? Can it be?
Once you've calibrated your outputs, save it as a DP preset. When you recall the preset, your calibration profiles are intact (and then can be copied from output to output within Volta)

I have a new file template setup just for Volta. Speeds things up.

xpander
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by xpander » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:59 pm

where does the eel power enter in on that schematic?

Return to “Volta”