MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

buchla's busiest year for 200e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author buchla's busiest year for 200e
amnesia
it seems like every few weeks folks are buying 200e's.
I wonder if this is Don's busiest year foe 200e sales.
momo
I think it's taken a little time for some fans of analogue to warm up to the idea of digital. Also if one isn't averse to metaphysical explanations, as I once heard Bob Moog say in what I believe was in reference to him and Don both exploring similar electronic terrain in the mid sixties despite being on opposite sides of a continent having no mutual knowledge of each other, the imagination is, according to Bob, a network independent of space and time. I think that's one way of saying that when one of us thinks about a Buchla it sends a cosmic message others are affected by. Sounds trippy but being a student of marketing and having read The Tipping Point, I've come to learn that there are some fascinating ways in which trends gather momentum, many not being entirely understood.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if it was Don's busiest year, ironic given the world's recent economic meltdown.
xpander
incidentally, i asked him this a few weeks ago. he said he was busiest in the early days because all the universities wanted a system, back in the days when he & moog were the only ones making 'em.
KyleEasterly
I've noticed this too - many many many more Buchla threads popping up on MW.

I'll be joining the bandwagon towards the end of the year, or early next year!
NV
I think his business has held the same steady flow as it has for the past couple years. While there has been an enormous swell of threads and discussion on the 200e here in the past few months, ultimately there's only been a few people on this forum who have actually started investing in 200e modules. The rest either already own a system and have been slowly adding to it for some time, or are saying they plan on buying one in the next 1 - 10 years.
bwhittington
momo wrote:
I think that's one way of saying that when one of us thinks about a Buchla it sends a cosmic message others are affected by. Sounds trippy but being a student of marketing and having read The Tipping Point, I've come to learn that there are some fascinating ways in which trends gather momentum, many not being entirely understood.

My take is totally off topic, but I absolutely agree with this principle. I used to go to garage sales every week, and it was interesting to notice small trends: You might see five bowling balls one day, but no more for months, until you saw a bunch more. Just to pull a random example out of the air. Another week, it might be antique sewing machines, or oil lamps, or . . .

I can see other reasons for Hollywood to come up with more than one Volcano movie or whatever in a year--"spying," market research, etc--but the small scale stuff like the garage sales trip me out again and again. Too small a sample to be statistically relevant, of course.

However, on a forum like this, it seems natural for there to be a bandwagon effect. Someone posts about finally getting a system, and others think maybe they should get one, too. Someone posts a wicked video, and it helps sell others on the idea, etc.

Cheers,
Brian
Gordon Cole
Ghost
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1