MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bananalogue vcs tips
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author bananalogue vcs tips
tony d
ok, so i built the vcs and holy fm fuckage. now that i know what satan sounds like with an afg shoved in his ass i can die a peaceful man. but what i am really hoping is that a few people who have figured this thing out can clue me in because i can't for the life of me figure this shits out. i can get it to respond on all the inputs to lfo's and react on all the in's to lfo's but whats weird is only the doepfer square and not the analog solutions square. also, i cannot get anything to register using c/v from my sequencer just like nothing is getting input at all??

any tips would be greatly appreciated as i am also wondering if there may be something not (built) working right.
Muff Wiggler
there's some good stuff here
tony d
so... regarding my post about 10 min. ago FUCK TRYING TO USE THESE LIKE A REGULAR SLEW nanners nanners

this thing is the crazy shit !!

btw i'll check that link, thanks muff
pickleinn
tony d wrote:
ok, so i built the vcs and holy fm fuckage. now that i know what satan sounds like with an afg shoved in his ass i can die a peaceful man. but what i am really hoping is that a few people who have figured this thing out can clue me in because i can't for the life of me figure this shits out. i can get it to respond on all the inputs to lfo's and react on all the in's to lfo's but whats weird is only the doepfer square and not the analog solutions square. also, i cannot get anything to register using c/v from my sequencer just like nothing is getting input at all??

any tips would be greatly appreciated as i am also wondering if there may be something not (built) working right.

patch the gate output back into the trigger input......it will start to self oscillate. then you can use it as an lfo or a vco (1v/oct input). if you have two, do the patch above on each and then cross modulate them (another simple patch recommended by rex and carbon111's site).

i have only begun to understand these........i really need alot more experimenting time to understand it more.
parasitk
pickleinn wrote:
patch the gate output back into the trigger input......it will start to self oscillate. then you can use it as an lfo or a vco (1v/oct input). if you have two, do the patch above on each and then cross modulate them (another simple patch recommended by rex and carbon111's site).

i have only begun to understand these........i really need alot more experimenting time to understand it more.

The VCS however doesn't need to be patched - just flip the cycle switch! smile
pickleinn
parasitk wrote:
pickleinn wrote:

The VCS however doesn't need to be patched - just flip the cycle switch! smile

lol
i havent build my cgs vcs yet, so i was thinking of the serge dual slope. i am a dope!
zthee
pickleinn wrote:
lol
i havent build my cgs vcs yet, so i was thinking of the serge dual slope. i am a dope!

The DSG is best with added switches! -> http://icb.se/araya/pics/sergepics/panel1.jpg
It's peanut butter jelly time!
pickleinn
zthee wrote:
pickleinn wrote:
lol

The DSG is best with added switches! -> http://icb.se/araya/pics/sergepics/panel1.jpg
It's peanut butter jelly time!

ooooh.....thats cool, but there is no way i am going to drill into my quad slope i just got. no matter how hard i would try, i am sure i would put the hole in a bad place! this is why i am waiting for your panels, zthee......i dont have to worry about drilling holes off or bad panel layouts.

a tiny patch cable doesnt bother me, but the switch is probably convenient. actually the right half of the TGO has a switch too.
Hi5
tony d wrote:

check here for some basics http://www.carbon111.com/alphabet1.html

I too just finished building a vcs 3 days ago and have been digging into it a bit. So far, using it as a vco is nice especially when you dynamically control the rise/fall times but I have also really liked using it as a subharmonic generator. It takes a little to tune in the right settings but once you do you can use the fall time to change the division you are on. vc as well! The above page gives a great overview of the traditional uses but this guy gets really trippy once you start feeding back parts of it back into itself.

After playing with it a couple hours I started to think "what is all the hype about his thing?" However, after a couple days i came to see how useful it will be as it can be so many things if needed. plus I crammed it into 12hp only.
tony d
So i am not getting anything to happen in the trigger section. i realized this is not working correctly after reading some posts here regarding using it as an lfo or it self resonating and gave it a try.

I replaced the lm3900 i originally had put in it and now it actually functions the way i thought a slew should and it is recognizing any lfo/env/or cv i send to it but still nothing from the trigger section unless i am snding it a signal then i get the same output from the trigger section as i do from the main out.

i'm gonna pick up another lm3900 and try that but other then that i'm lost.

any help would obviously be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1