MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack & pedal Distortion : Strakal Brulu
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> TouellSkouarn Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Eurorack & pedal Distortion : Strakal Brulu
haiku-ish
Yes, Shawn is taking some.
Kakihara
yesss!! Merci mec!!
YER'MAD! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
Kent
Finished. Rendering the file. It's a narrated walkthrough and is... way too long... like 25 minutes AFTER editing.

I'll throw it up here, and then crank out some shorter sound files. Killer fuzz, btw.
bj_gzp
Kent wrote:
Finished. Rendering the file. It's a narrated walkthrough and is... way too long... like 25 minutes AFTER editing.

I'll throw it up here, and then crank out some shorter sound files. Killer fuzz, btw.

Yeah, 25 mins that will make us feel the waiting even longer wink
I look forward to your demo! Guinness ftw!
BJ
Kent
There is full annotation on SoundCloud. Feel free to skip around. There are some pretty good moments in there. I like the Saw Animator stuff quite a bit.

In short, this is a quality fuzz unit. Just what I was looking for since it goes from subtle to insanity in a predictable manner. I'll see how it does with the Buchla 200e.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/gen-xtargetmarket/strakalbrulu[/s]

Headphones or quality speakers are fairly necessary for this one, kids. Especially if you check out the low-end theory at 18 minutes.

The first 5 minutes is almost all talking. Skip this if desired.
bj_gzp
Kent wrote:
There is full annotation on SoundCloud. Feel free to skip around. There are some pretty good moments in there. I like the Saw Animator stuff quite a bit.

In short, this is a quality fuzz unit. Just what I was looking for since it goes from subtle to insanity in a predictable manner. I'll see how it does with the Buchla 200e.

Headphones or quality speakers are fairly necessary for this one, kids. Especially if you check out the low-end theory at 18 minutes.

Merci Kent thumbs up Quite complete and useful review. I like the low-end part a lot, and the instability comes in nicely SlayerBadger!.
But i'll use my unit next to the Saw Animator. Did you try passing the same waveform through SA and Fuzz in parallel and mixing the outputs back together?

Cheers,
Björn
Kent
Your wish is fulfilled, dear friend:

[s]http://snd.sc/WVhZ8g[/s]

I'm speaking slowly and clumsily due to monitoring the output of the recording chain. Too much latency.
bj_gzp
Kent, you are da man Guinness ftw!
Personally i find the mix more interesting from a timbral point of view than both in series. The Strakal Brulu seems to be exactly the type of distortion i was hoping for. smile The feedback tuned to accentuate some pitches is It's motherfucking bacon yo
This is what i have the M11's for, mixing of gritty timbres and let specific timbres only pass through at specific moment in the sequence to put some notes in evidence. Sinus -> Saw animator+Fuzz, will become the heart of my mini 6u system...

I hope Gael ships them fast, your demos made me want it even more than before! SlayerBadger!
Cheers,
Bjôrn
aksen
awesome demo Kent, got me wanting one of these now to add some grit...
haiku-ish

twisted
Kent
Thanks, guys.

I've now added this version of the Strakal Brulu to the Squiggletronics Rack Planner Database. It should show up soon. Email me if you can't wait.
haiku-ish
Now shipping to Escape From Noise and Equinoxoz
Rockin' Banana!
haiku-ish
now with guitar, straight into the module...
Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/touellskouarn/squier-into-strakal-brulu-re
haiku-ish
the schematic
haiku-ish
and now for something completely different :

Kent
That's a great fucking box!
haiku-ish
nice demo from Cody

haiku-ish
The pedal and modules can sound very clean...

[s]http://snd.sc/QwT9g1[/s]
bj_gzp
I have my Fuzz now for around a month and do not want to miss it anymore!
It's love! Next to the great sound, what i really appreciate about the new Straka Brulu is it's expressiveness. Few and straight forward controls, that are a lot of fun to "play". The module just Rockin' Banana!

Thanks Gael for bringing this module to the Eurocrack world we're not worthy

Guinness ftw!
björn
haiku-ish
Hey Thanks Björn Guinness ftw!

i love to have feedback IRL too ;-) !
haiku-ish
Ok, pedal final model is this one.
extra expression input + cv in for fuzz control

?-)

Rockin' Banana!

dj_bluefalcon
Loving all these demos in this thread. I may need to try one of these out.
haiku-ish
still have one left...
dj_bluefalcon
Wish I could! There's a problem with my bank account... seriously, i just don't get it
haiku-ish
Schem is public, i can help you to build your own !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> TouellSkouarn Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3