MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Opinions on SHIT reverbs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Opinions on SHIT reverbs
Suburban Bather
I want a couple super cheap reverbs to run my TR-727 through. Anything out there $50 or less and not Behringer?
MrDys
Danelectro Corned Beef.
DGTom
Alesis MicroVerb, the little 1/3rd rack version, not the newer higher bit DAC Nanoverb either.

Most disgusting reverse reverb preset ever, only one control "MOAR" & grab a micro limiter while you are there, lovely bit of instant stereo squash! Drive the 727 congas hard thru the limiter!

Couple the Micro-verb w/ a cheap digi delay & a pitch shifter (Boss!?) - you got the best 'pad' generator known!
shamann
Used, you could probably get something from Digitech under $50, or maybe one of the cheap Zoom units. Or new, the Zoom G1 goes for just a little over at $60.
Suburban Bather
Thanks fellas screaming goo yo I already have an Alesis 3630 that gets no use. There's a couple Microverbs on the bay. I totally forgot about the cheap Zoom and Digitech multi fx boxes. I miss my Zoom Sampletrack 224. Hated the sequencer, but the fx were quite nasty and interesting.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
I can sell you my Alesis Quadraverb for $60. Works perfectly, has an incredible range of options and is pretty user friendly. I never found a use for it in my setup and got for $60 from a friend so no big loss on this end. Let me know.
Ranxerox
The built-in effects board of the Akai DPS-12 hard-disk recorder had the worst-sounding reverbs I've ever heard; metallic, almost like a short delay with the feedback wound up, virtually unusable.

The Digitech GSP-21 also had some pretty crap reverbs, but then I never used it on guitars as it was designed for.
Soy Sos
Funny, I just saw this:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/1235335775.html
Morley
A mic and a Speaker and a Bathroom
Soy Sos
Morley wrote:

True and funny, but that's not really what he's asking for. hmmm.....
haiku-ish
the realistic stereo reverb
great !! MNxxx reverb

http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-stereo-reverb-system-42-2108_W0QQitemZ37 0216949066QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5632a6554a&_t rksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C2 40%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Morley
Soy Sos wrote:
Morley wrote:

I know, but worth mentioning as it might just be the thing that he's missing (and it's a very variable sound!)
Answering his question, I would say a Fostex Spring...now that is REALLY shit on drums.
Chuck E. Jesus
Boss SE50?
Chuck E. Jesus
Soy Sos wrote:
Morley wrote:

moving even further OT: i find my Zoom H2, a cap gun, and a convolution reverb to be an endless source of sonic fun...
shamann
ross g wrote:
Boss SE50?

For $50? Good deal.
Chuck E. Jesus
shamann wrote:
ross g wrote:
Boss SE50?

For $50? Good deal.

i guess 50 bucks is a little low, but i've seen them for 75...definitely a shit verb though...
Suburban Bather
Soy Sos wrote:
Morley wrote:

lol I've thought about trying that for a while. My current living arrangements make it way more trouble than its worth ATM. I have a POS Realistic cardoid mic. It even has an on/off switch that does nothing. The mic is passive for cying out loud, mono-plug connected dirtectly to the mic.

Everyone! Thanks for all of the listings/offers. Time to start digging in w00t

Please carry on with the discussion. Might as well include any time based digital FX. Oh, I wish I never sold my Boss PS-3 very frustrating Still have the PS-2 though SlayerBadger!
Morley
If you can spend a touch more and are a bit lucky, find a Dynacord VRS23
Amazing unit. You find them a fair bit on ebay.de
I think they go for around about €100 but of course you would have to get it shipped to the US
I love mine. it's not shit though!
Scaff
Morley wrote:
If you can spend a touch more and are a bit lucky, find a Dynacord VRS23
Amazing unit. You find them a fair bit on ebay.de
I think they go for around about €100 but of course you would have to get it shipped to the US
I love mine. it's not shit though!

I also have a VRS 23 and i love it! Its dark and has a nice growl. Perfect as an addition for any modular!
Umcorps
Zoom 1024 multifx if you can find one second hand is a nasty little box tricks with some real surprises tucked away inside. Like a minimum delay time of 2ms which gives you a brand new oscillator when you crank the feedback up to max.

http://soundcloud.com/umcorps/sx150-zoom-tide
Suburban Bather
haiku-ish wrote:
the realistic stereo reverb
great !! MNxxx reverb

http://cgi.ebay.com/Realistic-stereo-reverb-system-42-2108_W0QQitemZ37 0216949066QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5632a6554a&_t rksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C2 40%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Mine! $20 after shipping, thanks haiku-ish. I'm eager to find out how this thing responds when fed back into itself. Reviews from Harmony Central declare this box as an absolute piece of shit, lovely MY ASS IS BLEEDING
haiku-ish
Quote:
Mine! $20 after shipping, thanks haiku-ish

i love mine, but i'm trying to mod it
adding a wet output jack.

beware... the stereo out are out of phase on mine, should be 180 as my stereo memory man.
Suburban Bather
Man oh man that Realistic reverb does some sick shit to your drums! MFB-503 VS. Ratshack brand reverb. Realisticdemo.mp3 - 8.53MB Thanks again Haiku-ish for pointing me to that Ebay auction.

I tried uploading this to Muff's site, but I just can't get it to work. Sorry!
haiku-ish
Quote:
Harmony Central declare this box as an absolute piece of shit, lovely

yep ! the distortion you can have at the mic input is nasty and great sounding.
peh
I'd love something cheap that sounded like the nastyVerb that comes with AudioMulch - any suggestions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2