MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta's clock out
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Volta's clock out
revstate
Has anyone used this, with say.... the arp in of a Korg Polysix? I have never done this with anything, much less Volta, so any advice would be great.
doctorvague
revstate wrote:
Has anyone used this, with say.... the arp in of a Korg Polysix? I have never done this with anything, much less Volta, so any advice would be great.

I'm really busy with work right now, but I'll try to check this out with a Monopoly - should be close to the Polysix, I guess. The Monopoly says 15V for triggers but will actually work down to 7-8V or so. I'm really not sure what the voltage is for the clock out of Volta, and probably varies with the interface. I'll put it on the scope and see what I'm getting. Using a 24io here. If I don't post in a couple of days I've probably forgotten - just PM and remind me. I've been meaning to try Volta's clock function anyway. I've done a lot of other triggerring stuff with the Monopoly's arpeggiators in the past and have triggered them successfully from a computer audio interface out (poor-man's pre-Volta solution.) Great fun. There are samples posted somewhere here but I forget where I posted them.

Cheers
Phil
doctorvague
I got exactly 5V from the both the clock out and the trigger sequencer out through a 24io. The clock out is more for triggering sequencers and will only go down to 24ppq, so the trigger sequencer is a much better tool to trigger something like an arpeggiator, as you have everything from 64th notes to 2 measures available, as well as swing, duration control and the ability to program rhythm patterns, obviously. I was able to reliably trigger the arp of the Monopoly with 5V which was surprising and good news, as I recalled it needing more than that. Definitely fun to trigger the arp with rhythmic patterns rather than a straight pulse train.

After scoping MIDI>CV clock outs from various devices in the past, Volta shows none of the jitter of those methods. The scope looks like a still photo. IOW Volta's timing is rock solid. thumbs up

Cheers
Phil
revstate
that is the same way i am clocking my MuRF, gate or trig signals. will do the same on the polysix. ^_^

thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1