MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

nevermind
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author nevermind
swordsect
nevermind
JohnLRice
Lots on Ebay, this seemed to be the cheapest one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ac-Adapter-Power-Cable-Cord-for-Roland-or-Korg-Key board_W0QQitemZ120438075466
swordsect
perfect! just what i was looking for, just didn't know the correct thing to search!!!
thanks!
dougt
Hosa makes brand new ones so no need to pay too much for these...
JohnLRice
dougt wrote:
Hosa makes brand new ones so no need to pay too much for these...

Good tip! The cheapest I found (price includes shipping) in a quick search:

$8.99
http://www.buy.com/prod/hosa-pwc-178-power-cord/q/loc/111/206928590.ht ml

$9.99
http://www.beachaudio.com/Hosa/Pwc-178-p-136230.html
thetwlo
free ship $8.49
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PWC178
drewtoothpaste
As an added bonus, if you buy it from Sweetwater, they'll call you every week "just to see if you need anything else" until you die or ask them to stop... smile
Suburban Bather
drewtoothpaste wrote:
As an added bonus, if you buy it from Sweetwater, they'll call you every week "just to see if you need anything else" until you die or ask them to stop... smile

eek! I've never ordered anything from Sweetwater, thanks for teaching us thumbs up That sounds more like desperation than being helpful to their customers.
thetwlo
agreed. The Sweetwater calls are pretty annoying. They always get my answering machine at least.
Biff
Hello!
(my first post!!)

The juno 106 cords are easy to find for cheap since they're used for practically everything. If you have an old pc lying around, check the plug, there's a good chance it might be the same as your juno. sometimes music shops will sell them in the area with all the audio wires and you have good odds with radioshack. The power shouldn't matter since the voltage is transformed inside the synth so as long as you find a 3-prong plug you should be good.

consider it the easiest common problem you'll get with a juno.
JohnLRice
Biff wrote:
Hello!
(my first post!!)

The juno 106 cords are easy to find for cheap since they're used for practically everything. If you have an old pc lying around, check the plug, there's a good chance it might be the same as your juno. sometimes music shops will sell them in the area with all the audio wires and you have good odds with radioshack. The power shouldn't matter since the voltage is transformed inside the synth so as long as you find a 3-prong plug you should be good.

consider it the easiest common problem you'll get with a juno.

Welcome Biff! w00t

Just so we are clear though, we are talking about the special Roland gear power cords that are only 2-prong and rectangle shaped on the female end. I don't think I've ever seen a computer power cable that wasn't 3-prong.

But, I've been wrong many a time! oops

Greets! hihi
Chuck E. Jesus
yeah, if anyone needs a 3 pronger (i think they are call IEC 320s or something) i have bags of them hihi
Biff
d'oh! i though the juno 106 was a 3 prong one. I do have a European model, so I wonder if mine is freaky that way. I probably just got my synths and plugs mixed up... I'll have to check when I get to my music space. I just know in the past I had to buy a 3 prong plug for some sort of synth.

either way, thanks for the welcome, I'm glad I found this forum! nanners
Dego
I have a swedish bought juno-106 and it also has the 2 pin power connector....

Other gear that I have that uses the same connector is:
Roland tr-909
AKAI AX-73
Juno-1

I think that I am one cable short at the moment.... :(
Biff
Ooh, I was thinking of other big ass poly synth CZ-5000. Thay one, for the record, uses a 3 prong. And now you know...
Biff
stop the presses!

my juno actually does have 3 prongs. maybe mine is from the uk. either way, I finally got back to my music studio and checked.

[/not crazy]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1