MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

200e MIDI question...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 200e MIDI question...
science
Is it possible to change presets via MIDI? If so, is there a way to send presets to individual modules via MIDI, rather than an entire preset for the system?
alt-mode
From a quick test, I would say no, it isn't possible to change presets by MIDI but I might have something configured wrong.

There certainly isn't a way to send different presets to individual modules. I think the limit of 31 presets is pretty damn low. You can, however add an external card for more preset storage.
science
I meant send a preset only to one module, as in sending it without changing settings for anything else. I'm guessing that could be done by just setting a preset up with settings for that module and nothing else, or am I not understanding how the patch storage works?
prscrptn
science wrote:
Is it possible to change presets via MIDI? If so, is there a way to send presets to individual modules via MIDI, rather than an entire preset for the system?

Yes, the 225e has pulse inputs for program changes. The only requirement is that the patches must be in sequential order; (ie. 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1).
prscrptn
science wrote:
I meant send a preset only to one module, as in sending it without changing settings for anything else. I'm guessing that could be done by just setting a preset up with settings for that module and nothing else, or am I not understanding how the patch storage works?

Only modules which are remote enabled are affected by patch recall. You can turn off remote enable on any module that you do not wish to be affected...
alt-mode
science wrote:

When you store a preset, you are storing the settings for all of the modules that are currently "Remote Enabled" at the time. So, you would have to turn off "Remote Enable" on the modules you don't want to save anything on.

prscrptn is correct that you can increment up and down through the patches with pulses into the 225e but your question was specifically over MIDI which I was not able to get working in my quick test this evening.
prscrptn
to change a preset via MIDI, you must send a trigger to a note message buss, and then patch the pulse output to the preset managers next/last input.
science
All good news... thanks guys thumbs up
prscrptn wrote:

Only modules which are remote enabled are affected by patch recall. You can turn off remote enable on any module that you do not wish to be affected...

wow,thats a great feature!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1