200e MIDI question...

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

science
Spending Spree!

200e MIDI question...

Post by science » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Is it possible to change presets via MIDI? If so, is there a way to send presets to individual modules via MIDI, rather than an entire preset for the system?

alt-mode
Wiggling with Experience

Post by alt-mode » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:44 pm

From a quick test, I would say no, it isn't possible to change presets by MIDI but I might have something configured wrong.

There certainly isn't a way to send different presets to individual modules. I think the limit of 31 presets is pretty damn low. You can, however add an external card for more preset storage.

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I meant send a preset only to one module, as in sending it without changing settings for anything else. I'm guessing that could be done by just setting a preset up with settings for that module and nothing else, or am I not understanding how the patch storage works?

prscrptn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: 200e MIDI question...

Post by prscrptn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

science wrote:Is it possible to change presets via MIDI? If so, is there a way to send presets to individual modules via MIDI, rather than an entire preset for the system?

Yes, the 225e has pulse inputs for program changes. The only requirement is that the patches must be in sequential order; (ie. 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1).

prscrptn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by prscrptn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 pm

science wrote:I meant send a preset only to one module, as in sending it without changing settings for anything else. I'm guessing that could be done by just setting a preset up with settings for that module and nothing else, or am I not understanding how the patch storage works?
Only modules which are remote enabled are affected by patch recall. You can turn off remote enable on any module that you do not wish to be affected...

alt-mode
Wiggling with Experience

Post by alt-mode » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:47 pm

science wrote:I meant send a preset only to one module, as in sending it without changing settings for anything else. I'm guessing that could be done by just setting a preset up with settings for that module and nothing else, or am I not understanding how the patch storage works?
When you store a preset, you are storing the settings for all of the modules that are currently "Remote Enabled" at the time. So, you would have to turn off "Remote Enable" on the modules you don't want to save anything on.

prscrptn is correct that you can increment up and down through the patches with pulses into the 225e but your question was specifically over MIDI which I was not able to get working in my quick test this evening.

prscrptn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by prscrptn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 pm

to change a preset via MIDI, you must send a trigger to a note message buss, and then patch the pulse output to the preset managers next/last input.

science
Spending Spree!

Post by science » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm

All good news... thanks guys :tu:

is banned
is banned

Post by 2012 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:26 am

prscrptn wrote:
Only modules which are remote enabled are affected by patch recall. You can turn off remote enable on any module that you do not wish to be affected...
wow,thats a great feature!

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”