MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Show your KOMA setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Author Show your KOMA setup!
tektoktiktak
The KOMA pedals have been out for a little while now and are spreading over the globe. And that's awesome! We made videos, tutorials, audio samples and wrote manuals to kind of explain what we think a musician can or should do with them, but every time we are in contact with musicians who use our gear we see even more possibilities of how to use them in all kinds of different situations. And thats even cooler!

Time for the next step: We decided to bundle a whole bunch of those user ideas, cool patches and smart tricks in our new manuals and on our site to, you know, share the knowledge and to make us KOMA players better informed and ready to take over the world (ahum)...

Please, educate us with your favorite patches, set-ups, tricks, tips etc! The first 15 well documented ones (so, not one line of text and thats it) will all receive a KOMA shirt and our eternal l.o.v.e!

Let us know at info@koma-elektronik.com or just post it below SlayerBadger!!
DanielW
My best KOMA tip is playing the Cycle CV in of the BD 101 with the sensor and no external audio input. The vibe you can create this way is very distinct and stands out in any mix.

You'll need good FX, or it will be too harsh. I use Eventide Timefactor delay and Eventide Space reverb.

Just plug sensor out into cycle CV in, set delay blend to max and cycle to about 2. Keep Delay time at a low setting as well. Run the BD 101 through FT 201 (lowpass mode) to smoothen things out. Adjust sensor cv to taste with the pot on the back of the pedal. Play with your hand, or just your fingers. As a bonus, plug FT 201 sensor out to FT 201 resonance cv in, modulate resonance to taste.

This way, your KOMA pedals are an instrument of their own, with a unique sound. I've played them live with great results, it added a lot to the "live" feel of my all-sequenced, all-electronic setup.

You can hear the KOMA pedals used in this manner all over this track:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neizvestija/120422-1[/s]

Edit: Deleted the track from my Soundcloud when my EP came out, you can find it here:

http://hetdonkseoog.bandcamp.com/album/dp013-black-books
tektoktiktak
Thanks! I can't see the track though hmmm.....
Please send your address to support@koma-elektronik.com and we'll send yr t-shirt!

Anyone else?
DanielW
Duh! I must have deleted it. Anyway, it's all over my new EP:

http://hetdonkseoog.bandcamp.com/album/dp013-black-books
DanielW
Thanks for the T-shirt, got it today!
Matos
So I only have the kommander in my eurorack set up, but here's something I did last night hat was kind of fun. I have a mini mic boom stand that holds a zoom h-2 that gets fed into the modular. I hung one of the empty boxes that modules come in from a piece of fishing wire from the mic arm and positioned it over the kommander. Swinging the box like a pendulum makes a lfo like cv that slows down in a lovely way. Patched with a gate out it almost has that bouncing ball like feel. I was also thinking of making a small mobile and hanging it over the kommander next to an oscillating fan. Maybe sometime this week I'll try it. w00t
mhtones
Matos wrote:
So I only have the kommander in my eurorack set up, but here's something I did last night hat was kind of fun. I have a mini mic boom stand that holds a zoom h-2 that gets fed into the modular. I hung one of the empty boxes that modules come in from a piece of fishing wire from the mic arm and positioned it over the kommander. Swinging the box like a pendulum makes a lfo like cv that slows down in a lovely way. Patched with a gate out it almost has that bouncing ball like feel. I was also thinking of making a small mobile and hanging it over the kommander next to an oscillating fan. Maybe sometime this week I'll try it. w00t

Woah, that's cool! Some great ideas there. I hadn't thought past using a kommander with anything other than my hands.
osterchrisi
Yeah, I wanna see more stuff like that! I'm also always thinking about making 'physical sequencers' like having small objects in different heights rotating above the Kommander.
Motor speed = Tempo
Height of object = CV
applause
DanielW
I use the sensors on the Kommander and pedals to modulate my Moog Slim Phatty via the CV ins. Great fun!

This track needs to be remastered though, it's OK on ordinary headphones, but played on a serious rig the bass is just too much.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neizvestija/121008-1[/s]
Kingnimrod
here's a very straightforward demo of the FT201 and BD101 with a sequence running through them.

Makenoise Wogglebug is clocking the FT201 sequencer and the Rene sequencer, which is controlling the DPO. The sequence runs for a few seconds, then the FT201 is turned on, and a few seconds later the BD101. At a certain point I plug the sequencer out of the FT201 into the delay time input on the BD101.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/kingnimrod/koma-pedals[/s]
tektoktiktak
Wha! That is power pushing there! applause

Kingnimrod wrote:
here's a very straightforward demo of the FT201 and BD101 with a sequence running through them.

Makenoise Wogglebug is clocking the FT201 sequencer and the Rene sequencer, which is controlling the DPO. The sequence runs for a few seconds, then the FT201 is turned on, and a few seconds later the BD101. At a certain point I plug the sequencer out of the FT201 into the delay time input on the BD101.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/kingnimrod/koma-pedals[/s]
eskobaba
[quote="mhtones"]
Matos wrote:

awesome smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik  
Page 1 of 1