Wiard 300 or Malekko/Wiard euro modules

Discussion and support for Wiard Products

Moderators: Kent, grantrichter, carygrace

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Wiard 300 or Malekko/Wiard euro modules

Post by sienisetä » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:32 pm

Just thinking here.. The 300 series looks very sexy. I have a half-empty euro 6U that I'd like to fill up first, but after that...

I know these two might be quite hard to compare because they aren't exactly the same, but which one would be more necessary in terms of being necessary, getting some Walekko (since they seem to be the closest equivalent to the 300 in euro format) or getting a 300 series system in addition to the euro 6u? I'm guessing with the euro stuff I'd have a more tightly integrated (and a bit smaller) system.

Maybe I'm just having GAS, the 300 series just have awesome looks (and the sounds I've heard are nice)! But if anyone has any suggestions, those would be very very welcome.
Fast beat the feet, fast fall the hands!

Current gear: About 9U of eurocrack modulz, Waldorf Streichfett, Roland VR-09 (haz nice Hammondz on it), Cubase 5, Yamaha MX16 USB-MIDI interface + Washburn T12B Bass guitar, Eko S-300 Strat copy (the guitars are mostly for demos, sampling or playing shitty punk).

revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

Post by revmutt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:41 pm

The 300 series are very densely packed with features, very flexible and sometimes are dual modules.

The Malekko is also good but in many cases you may be buying two modules to equal one 300 but then there are the unique modules like the anti oscillator.

I use both, so should everyone. It's the easiest choice.
Tommy DOG
Punk Rock Star, gambler and stunt double

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 am

Yeah well, that's the answer, get both! :hihi:
Isn't the 300 series +/-15v, by the way?

Current gear: About 9U of eurocrack modulz, Waldorf Streichfett, Roland VR-09 (haz nice Hammondz on it), Cubase 5, Yamaha MX16 USB-MIDI interface + Washburn T12B Bass guitar, Eko S-300 Strat copy (the guitars are mostly for demos, sampling or playing shitty punk).

revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

Post by revmutt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 am

sienisetä wrote:Yeah well, that's the answer, get both! :hihi:
Isn't the 300 series +/-15v, by the way?
Two power supplies, big deal :)

I had built my 300 system by the time the Malekko stuff came out. I have a custom cabinet for the 300 and it sits on a rack that has 1200 series and Malekko stuff.
Tommy DOG
Punk Rock Star, gambler and stunt double

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:30 pm

That sounds nice! The Wiard site doesn't seem to have any cabinets listed there, are those available anywhere, or am I just getting blind? :hmm:

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

there aren't any "official" wiard cabinets.

you have to sort something out yourself.

there are a few cabinet makers on the forum who i'm sure would help you out if you required it :)

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Allright, thanks! Although I won't be getting a 300 series system any time soon, that's still useful info :tu:

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Yep, get both. Only sensible answer. I consider the Boogie, JAG, Noisering, Anti Oscillators as ESSENTIAL to my work.

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:03 am

Okay. :yay:

Now I'll have to fill the remaining space of the 6U case and see what the system requires, perhaps another Euro case and some modules, or some Wiard! Might take some time and :75:

Oh by the way, how do you guys control your Wiard?

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 am

if i'm not letting it do it's own thing, this.

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 am

:eek:

Me wants one!

solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

Post by solitaryzen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

sandyb wrote:if i'm not letting it do it's own thing, this.

I can't tell you how much I wish these were still being made :(

sienisetä
pills for breakfast

Post by sienisetä » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:02 am

Agreed! It's a beautiful piece of synthesizer technology.

(Also, some off-topic: I'm a common wiggler now! :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: )

Return to “Wiard”