MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wiard 300 or Malekko/Wiard euro modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Wiard 300 or Malekko/Wiard euro modules
sienisetä
Just thinking here.. The 300 series looks very sexy. I have a half-empty euro 6U that I'd like to fill up first, but after that...

I know these two might be quite hard to compare because they aren't exactly the same, but which one would be more necessary in terms of being necessary, getting some Walekko (since they seem to be the closest equivalent to the 300 in euro format) or getting a 300 series system in addition to the euro 6u? I'm guessing with the euro stuff I'd have a more tightly integrated (and a bit smaller) system.

Maybe I'm just having GAS, the 300 series just have awesome looks (and the sounds I've heard are nice)! But if anyone has any suggestions, those would be very very welcome.
revmutt
The 300 series are very densely packed with features, very flexible and sometimes are dual modules.

The Malekko is also good but in many cases you may be buying two modules to equal one 300 but then there are the unique modules like the anti oscillator.

I use both, so should everyone. It's the easiest choice.
sienisetä
Yeah well, that's the answer, get both! hihi
Isn't the 300 series +/-15v, by the way?
revmutt
sienisetä wrote:
Yeah well, that's the answer, get both! hihi
Isn't the 300 series +/-15v, by the way?

Two power supplies, big deal smile

I had built my 300 system by the time the Malekko stuff came out. I have a custom cabinet for the 300 and it sits on a rack that has 1200 series and Malekko stuff.
sienisetä
That sounds nice! The Wiard site doesn't seem to have any cabinets listed there, are those available anywhere, or am I just getting blind? hmmm.....
sandyb
there aren't any "official" wiard cabinets.

you have to sort something out yourself.

there are a few cabinet makers on the forum who i'm sure would help you out if you required it smile
sienisetä
Allright, thanks! Although I won't be getting a 300 series system any time soon, that's still useful info thumbs up
slow_riot
Yep, get both. Only sensible answer. I consider the Boogie, JAG, Noisering, Anti Oscillators as ESSENTIAL to my work.
sienisetä
Okay. applause

Now I'll have to fill the remaining space of the 6U case and see what the system requires, perhaps another Euro case and some modules, or some Wiard! Might take some time and

Oh by the way, how do you guys control your Wiard?
sandyb
if i'm not letting it do it's own thing, this.

sienisetä
eek!

Me wants one!
solitaryzen
sandyb wrote:
if i'm not letting it do it's own thing, this.

I can't tell you how much I wish these were still being made :(
sienisetä
Agreed! It's a beautiful piece of synthesizer technology.

(Also, some off-topic: I'm a common wiggler now! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1