MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

cocoquantus modifications
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author cocoquantus modifications
dude
so today i saw pas's peter moded CQ and it got me hot. fm in for each slice o pie. just as i suspected it is a dead easy mod that i am about to get the supplies for...but it got me thinking. there are tons of open traces on that board. what the hell do they do? anybody figured anything out?

and then i was also seriously thinking about adding 5 attens with I/O nodes. i notice that using my fingers to bridge connections yields a 'softer' version of the signal and it inspires me to have even more flexibility.

but of course i don't want to kill this amazing design with unnecessary nonsense.

what mods do you think of?

anybody confirm an open ground pad in there?
dude
and don't forget to plug a drum machine into your coco like this:

drum machine>coco1>coco2>verb of your choice and settings!
pas
passersby may peek...

modification innards photo,

& a quick video, following the connections.

View My Video
dude
i know the fm ins are the tiny little squares with a single pad inside one each on the outskirts of slices of pie.
dude
and pas, did you post a pic of the top of your CQ somewhere? i could have sworn you did but can't find it now.
pas
oh yeah,

the five nodes below the quantussy,

dude
gots me parts and am thinking about doing the surgery imminently. need the worldly sage advice of master bartlebooth.
dude
well the mod went amazingly. i can't believe he didn't include that on stock. it looks perfect, makes sense and actually opens up sound manipulation quite a bit.

the other things i have done to my CQ are:
remove battery in as i don't use batteries
add a diamond to the lozenge

pas
waynice dude, love the swoop/curve & damn yr fast. The mod seem'd pretty crucial, does wonders. Will you be adding attenuation in the future?
dude
Thanks!! It really is great. Not sure about attens yet. Interested in others thoughts.
Reese P. Dubin
This seems really interesting. I patch mine directly with modules often with a VCA in between. Have been considering making a 16 tentacled dualoctopus box with 8 attenuated cable paths. It would be a mess but I think thats part of the fun with this.

Will probably not be able to resist doing this FM mod by the end of the night...
sgnhh
thanks for posting, i'll give this a shot. got a higher-res picture of where the fm is on the pcb?
dude
can't recommend the fm mod enough. total different self contained tool palette. you can inherently fm all the aspects of the coco but the tuss acts wonderfully when fm'd as well! i really still can't believe it isn't included stock. never have i done a modification on anything which seemed more natural.
dude
i don't have hi res capability. you can't go wrong though. read peters description again while looking at its bottom (the pcb). divide the quantussy into 5 parts. each slice has its own set of components. they are identical. you will see a few unused pads on each but only one pad per slice has a single solid square on the edge of the slice. that single white square is the fm in per slice. they are the only single white squares on the device. you will be able to count 5 of them easily as each section is the same. if you are unclear and have hi res capability, take a pic and circle what you think it is and i/we/somebody can confirm just to make sure for your sanity.
sgnhh
thanks, sounds pretty straightforward.
pas
yeah, when dude first want'd to do this himself i thought him mad, but when i open'd my coco up to take the pic & examined it closely it seem'd even a job i could do haha...
pas
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
This seems really interesting. I patch mine directly with modules often with a VCA in between. Have been considering making a 16 tentacled dualoctopus box with 8 attenuated cable paths. It would be a mess but I think thats part of the fun with this.

Will probably not be able to resist doing this FM mod by the end of the night...

please show us the results of the box if you do so happen to create it, that would be insanely useful & no more a mess than coco already makes.
dude
Yeah picz of box plz!!!
Reese P. Dubin
If I build it they will look....

can somebody point me at this peter B edict on FM ins?? ALways love reading everything he writes.
rastko
Thank you Dude and Pas !

was a bitt to quick as I have really little time these days so the fm nods on mine are a bit to close to the other nodes, but still they are ok and it works really well.

shall record some sounds tomorrow .

wonder if we could get trigers from the led's ?

off I go to sleep and I wish you all a good night from Geneva .

r
dude
trigs from leds would be tits....anyone?
dude
i snagged cebecs tetrazzi on a whim too hihi
haricots
Damn, I'm going going to have to make the trek to Ohio to check out your mad scientist rig! nanners
dude
haricots wrote:
Damn, I'm going going to have to make the trek to Ohio to check out your mad scientist rig! nanners

bring it! i am sure we could organize something if you were serious.
dude
who has added a ground jack? what's the best available lug or connection to make in there for ground?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3