MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

so um where do modcan A series questions go?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author so um where do modcan A series questions go?
electrik noize
Since the modcan A series isn't strictly of the 5 unit series I didn't know if this is the place to post about it.

im a noobie here and would like to get some dialog going about the A series ( as thats all im using atm). any one else with modcan banana love

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
ach_gott
I should think this is the absolutely best place given that they share all but their layout with the series B which are so often discussed on this board.
BananaPlug
Yeah, this is the place. Got a question?
electrik noize
great to hear. i actually do have a question. unlike the euros who have
about 900 filters to choose from us banana heads only have what Bruce
and Cynthia have put out.

In my system I have the 904a moog knockoff and the 4075 arp knockoff as
well as the dual multi filter. I dig them all.

One can never have too many filters and although bruce has a few more
(diode/cem/ another lowpass) there aren't many demos floating around of
the puppies in action. i have tried matching these filters up to what doepfer
and others have in hopes of finding demos that might put me in the ballpark,
but not much luck yet.

so does anyone have demos of bruce's other filters? or can tell me which of
his filters match up to other filters manufacturers are making. or maybe we can
figure out what other synths his filters draw inspiration from.
JohnLRice
Just a couple related side notes:

Welcome electrik noize! w00t

I noticed someone recently put up 9 Modcan A modules on Ebay with reasonable prices:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/clobbersaurus_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_from ZQQ_ipgZ
BananaPlug
Can't help you with the filters. I already had a lot of filters before starting on Modcan.
electrik noize
well maybe someone will pop in here and read this thread in due time that has experience with bruces other filters.

thanks anyway folks. i will try and take a pic of my rig in the next couple of days for those that are into that sort of thing.

in what ways are you all using your modcan rigs? leads, bug music, noisey rhythms?
rezzn8r
electrik noize wrote:

in what ways are you all using your modcan rigs? leads, bug music, noisey rhythms?

yes, all of the above. add a healthy dose of drones, too. drones seem to be very popular with the wigglers.

sorry, I only have the multimode filter at the moment, so no comparisons here seriously, i just don't get it
sandyb
welcome electrik noize.
this is definitely the place for modcan A series discussion as everyone has said already. please do post some pictures of your system - there's a sticky thread at the top of the 5U forum just for this thing. as far as modcan filters go i've only got the dual multimode. i'm not a huge filter person (i've only got 2 dedicated filters across my 5U and euro systems) but would quite like to get the modcan diode filter at some point. i tend to use my system for a mix of drones/ambience and bug type noises. it's not solely modcan but there's a few tracks up on my bandcamp page (in my signature below) if you want to check any of it out.

sandy
electrik noize
sandyb your "vcdo long" track... woah... i have a vcdo and have never gotten sounds like that out of it. crazy Tinfoil Hat
cerebrosis
i havent tried them but ive been eying the dual multimode, standard multimode and the fixed filter. the vc res on the standard mmf makes it worth having it i think. but im not a fan of clone filters in general and dont plan on using to much subtractive style sounds out of the system im planning.

i would get the fixed filter if i was you, those kind of filters are very useful.
sandyb
electrik noize wrote:
sandyb your "vcdo long" track... woah... i have a vcdo and have never gotten sounds like that out of it. crazy Tinfoil Hat

thanks. i used a quad lfo to modulate the shit out of it and then used a vca/panner triggered by fairly random pulses to chop the sound up into smallish chunks and move it around the stereo image. i was trying to replicate the sort of sounds you hear in "tape" music from the 1960s/1970s.
i forgot until i read cerebrosis' post that i also have the fixed filter. i tend to think of it as an eq more than a filter though. it's certainly useful for drones.

sandy
new episode-new episode-new episode-new episode-new episode

New excellend and funny scooter stuff-> how the differend filter outputs sound of the modcan multimode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJoNr2zs1Mc

be carefull there is an lazerbeam shooting out of his hand @ 4:22

I love this guy Mr. Green thumbs up

new episode-new episode-new episode-new episode-new episode
Scooter McCrae
Awwwww, shucks -- you make me blush, 2012! Thanks very much for the kind words and really glad you enjoy the videos and find them funny (as do I, of course).

I'm gonna have to see if I can make laser beams become a regular part of my repertoire. I figure if I'm going to make noises that sound like they're coming from a DR. WHO episode than I might as well have special effects that look like they're from the same program (and I think we all know I mean the all-time-great Tom Baker years, right?).

Thanks again and let me know if there's any particular Modcan module that you might want to hear some signals put through. There just aren't enough audio demos out there of the products from what has become my favorite modular manufacturer.

Scooter McCrae
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1