MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

JP8 Filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author JP8 Filter
kecked
Holy @$@& batman! This filter really has it. I missed the sound of the jupiter for years but it is back. Thanks for a great product.

A Very Satisfied Customer.
Clockgate
kecked wrote:
Holy @$@& batman! This filter really has it. I missed the sound of the jupiter for years but it is back. Thanks for a great product.

A Very Satisfied Customer.

Agreed, it's my most used filter at the moment. The 3 channel mixer is just so handy too. thumbs up
logicgate
Damn!! My JP8 filter is still at customs... Getting crazy here for it to arrive fast!
Jaktmark
Will it be back in stock again in the near future?
logicgate
I have been playing with the JP8 filter in the last couple of days and I've gotta say: this thing is everything you want from a LPF. It's silky, it's creamy, it's rubbery, it's FAT (i know, I also don't like to use this word to describe the low end, but in this case this applies)!!!

Gonna record some demos and post here tomorrow.
logicgate
[s]http://soundcloud.com/point-source/jupiter-8-filter-by-amsynths[/s]

Download the WAV file!
e-tekk
logicgate wrote:

Download the WAV file!

great thanks!
steffensen
Sounds really good!
p3t0r
Received mine today and had some fun:

http://soundcloud.com/p3t0r/squzem

Really ads that Roland sound to my rack!
clusterchord
logicgate wrote:

Download the WAV file!

the second part sounds really nice, but the first part of the demo is terribly distorted,, that is not how JP8 filter sounds.. so i was wondering was this just the recording level, or some other conscious creative choice with other equipment, or the AM module distorts so easily like that?

thanks

anyways,, i want want want... but keep missing this at the online store... always OUT OF STOCK... driving me crazy... and notification system obviously doesn't work.

only other option is DIY from PCB and use one of my spare 3109s.. hate DIYing .. no time.. bummer

a question for Rob:

are there any plans to make this JP8 module, and the JP6 (8060) module with PCB set parallel to the panel?,, like so many new euro modules,,, to make em shallower.... as with 90mmm this is quite extreme,,, and impossible to put them in popular skiff or similar performance modulars ..

i mean of course its not a deal breaker, but i noticed your newer modules have substantially shallower depth.. so i figured maybe you changed the setup somehow..

thanks
corrosiveabuser
The AM8109 vcf is one of my favourite filters, the AMsynths modules are top quality and a worthy investment for anybody with a Eurorack system. I also have the Athena VCF which is definitely in my top 10, great for that classic Arp sound, often delivering sounds reminiscent of MBM. With regards to the AM8109, I often use it in conjunction with a Doepfer A-123 HP vcf to tame the low frequencies, sometimes pre, sometimes post, it is as I have said to Rob via email, gorgeous and instantly recognisable as that smooth, thick 80's analog sound. All I need now is to get hold of the JP6 filter and I then I can consider selling my MKS80 +mpg and my old, failing JUPITER-6.

Please, please, please Rob, Email Ian in DARTFORD, Kent, when one becomes available.

Many thanks for the great service so far.
brickman
Finally managed to snag one of these , stunning filter . Well worth visiting the Amsynths store , every day for the last 3 months..... eek!
suthnear
Fantastic filter. I have a few in the OTA topology - z2040, dr oct - but this is my favourite of the lot. The JP6 filter is great as well, and quite different.
LoveBot
Woohoo just got back from a long trip abroad and saw that this filter is in stock. Purchased! FINALLY! SlayerBadger!
cger
JP8 is so awesome!! I also have Snowfall, it's a killer as well. Both highly recommended.
levka
LoveBot wrote:
Woohoo just got back from a long trip abroad and saw that this filter is in stock. Purchased! FINALLY! SlayerBadger!

Thanks for alerting me to this. Highly appreciated.

Received mine in the mail today.
Made me totally happy.
cger
Haha, no joke!!! Totally worth daily trips!!!
I did that for a while and got JP8 and Snowfall.

brickman wrote:
Finally managed to snag one of these , stunning filter . Well worth visiting the Amsynths store , every day for the last 3 months..... eek!
LoveBot
Here's a demo of the Amsynth 8109

Love this filter

[s]http://soundcloud.com/glumusic/jp8-filter-demo[/s]
dan_k
LoveBot wrote:
Here's a demo of the Amsynth 8109

Love this filter

[s]http://soundcloud.com/glumusic/jp8-filter-demo[/s]

That really is a lovely sound paired with those oscillators. Thanks for sharing!
lrclazer
LoveBot, great demo! Could this filter be used as mixer for feeding the Micromac oscs into other filters?

I also have the Micromac and was considering getting something like the MA mixer, but this could be a sweet combo ...
LoveBot
Hey Irclazer, there is no separate pre-filter mix out patchpoint, but you can still run all oscillators through it with the filter completely opened with no resonance and to pass through to other filters. I imagine it might add a little color, but nothing too drastic! I do this when I want to run all three micromac plus an extra noise module into the MA35, which has a built in two channel mixer. On channel 1 of the MA35 I have all three 'Mac VCOs mixed through the Am8109, and on channel 2 I have noise coming from the Asys rs380. Works well!
emuarc
The AM8069SE will now ship to customers after a positive beta test report from of our early customers. So stock will appear in the store and reminder emails to customers will go out.

The module is quite deep due to the depth of the real Roland buttons, I have no plans to make this a parallel to pcb design but may redesign the pcb to be a bit narrower like 80 mm depth.

Thanks for all the positive comments, expect VCOs next and a
complete synth in 2014.
LoveBot
Looking forward to a demo! Have to ask, what happened to AM8005 Diode Multi Mode VCF? Is it still in the pipeline? Last time I asked it was supposed to be next in line.

btw Really loving the jp8 filter... sounds great....awesome work!
RichMakeGame
sorry for the slight off-topic q, but what's happening with jp6 filters? (8060) been wanting one for a while
emuarc
The 8060SE has hit problems after three successful modules, so it's running late. The 8005 has a pcb error which we are correcting and will then be shipping. We are also focusing hard on getting modules into large scale production for 2014.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3