MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Excuse me! I believe you've a bit of Serge in your Andromeda
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Excuse me! I believe you've a bit of Serge in your Andromeda
Soviet Space Child
Hey guys,

Just messing with the A6 today, trying to experiment a bit with Mod Triggers (i.e. triggering the envelopes from modulation sources). Works great, and is 100% self running, but too bad the A6 doesn't have any semblance of the Boolean operators which are found on the Waldorf Q and XT, or any number of modular synths. :(

Or does it? Does anyone know how to take the AND, OR, or XOR of two modulation sources on the Andromeda?

MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

EDIT:

There's a file attached to this post. Log in to download it.
richard
can you explain more about this patch?

l was under the illusion that I needed to use the keyboard to open a gate on the A6. this seems important information.

unfortunately my a6 lives in a different country to me at the moment so i can't rush over a try it out

R
Soviet Space Child
richard wrote:
can you explain more about this patch?

l was under the illusion that I needed to use the keyboard to open a gate on the A6. this seems important information.

unfortunately my a6 lives in a different country to me at the moment so i can't rush over a try it out

R

Hey Richard!

It's a pretty simple patch, really. I have two triangle waves feeding into the ring modulator, with only the ring mod being fed into the mixer. Then, I'm using the S&H generator to modulate the linear FM amount between the two triangle generating VCO's. I'm also using the same S&H generator to trigger the envelope generators.

The generative aspect of this patch comes from the trigger menu of the envelope generators, which is accessed by hitting the corresponding "Trigger" button for EG 1-3. By default, the envelopes are set to trigger on keypress. You can override this, though, by setting the envelopes to MOD-TRG mode. You then select the modulation source that you wish to use to trigger the envelope. This can be anything from an LFO, to a touch on the ribbon controller, to a CV pedal, and even the level of an envelope generator's stage. You then set the "level". For instance if you want to use a S&H generator, as I did in this patch, to trigger your EG's each time the S&H level is 50 or greater, you set the level field to 50. You can have a different mod source for each envelope generator, and even mix different triggering modes across your EG's if you wish, so go nuts!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1