MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es
Endorphin.es
Dear Muffwigglers!

We, Endorphin.es are a group of synth enthusiasts from Vienna/Austria, engineering modular synthesizers for sound design and contemporary art.
The summer of love starts today, on Friday 13th.
After a few years of development we would like to announce the first eurorack module from our upcoming product series, the "Furthrrrr Generator".
You maybe know, which famous module our "Furthrrrr Generator" is inspired by. Some of you already had the opportunity to hear plenty fabulous demos by Kent in his "Complete and total teaser thread: New Dual Osc w/waveshaping".

Main features:

* 30 HP width, up to 1" in depth (super slim and therefore skiff friendly)
    * All analog signal path inspired by and based on famous west coast synthesis — a module within the idea of harmonic generation based on additive synthesis theory
    * 2 discrete OTA triangle-core VCOs both with hard- (resetable) and soft- (inverting) syncs. The cores are self made custom encapsulated circuits with decent results of tracking (up to 6 octaves) as well as fine temperature stability
    * Selectable tracking (1 or 1.2 v/oct) by setting a jumper (we believe at last a few wigglers will appreciate that)
    * Bolted potentiometers, wobble free for heavy duty
    * Multi-turn frequency knobs sweep up to 10 octaves
    * Oscillator tuners that simply always work
    * Of course, RoHS and cat friendly smile

The harmonical section of the carrier oscillator involves a complex chain of waveshapers, crossfaders, wavefolder as well as the "Mood Index" with amplitude-, balanced-, frequency- and timbre-modulation.
Every parameter is voltage controlled, interacts with and depends on each others position.
The whole scheme is a bit complex for immediate understanding. We consider the better way to understand it, is to start with forgetting about the waveforms – just explore it.
Here is kind of a starmap for you to imagine the possibilities:

However – you may soon try the "Endorphin.es – Furthrrrr Generator" at some established showrooms – we will announce where and when in this thread.
We aim to start selling via the established synth retailers by fall/winter 2012.

The first video demo made by our friend Marko Ciciliani reveals general overview of the module with main features described.
p.s.: video has a bit crappy youtube quality and related sync/chorus bug however that will be fixed in subsequent presentations.

Image for rack planner.
http://endorphin.es
info@endorphin.es
blue_lu
WOW!!!!!1!!

screaming goo yo eek!
l e b e r
Yes!

Love it. Love it.

Fun artwork.

I want one. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
logicgate
Well... I don´t know what to say about this panel design confused

Usually I don´t care one bit about panel designs... But this seems like a little girl´s toy, dunno.
l e b e r
wait.

what?

that's a confusing oscillator you've got there. i'm intrigued. still want one.
slow_riot
delightful!
brickman
That looks bloody gorgeous ! thumbs up
machetemirage
Someone had to pick up the slack when Makenoise made their dual oscillator panel relatively simple.....
exper
Ok, I'll bite. How much?
xonetacular
Wasn't sure if the panel design and this post was a joke or not at first, but I won't be buying one based on the panel alone.

I'm sure it sounds great but not for me or interested in paying to put that in my case. hihi

edit: ok maybe it is growing on me a little
rhizomatik
This looks really nice. Like the unique playful design thumbs up
VomitFlowers
2012, the year of the dual osc. It sounded impressive, I too am curious about the price point...!
a100user
Like the look but damn it's big!
stellvia
Love the panel design. Looks like people had a lot of fun designing this one. Very interesting VCO as well thumbs up
Silent Strike
booty wiggler
HueMonContact
This looks a bit crazy... but I like it, really ballsy graphics for a new company.
Too many cool oscillators hitting the market I'll have to make a decision soon or sell a kidney.

Great job guys.
radiokoala
Hahaha, how ironic!! I've just created a topic about how I received my 30hp dual VCO this morning, and now I see this... applause

As it's only the first day of my citizenship in the eurorack world, I'm curious: is it an usual occurence here? I mean, 30hp dual VCOs announced exactly the same day when your 30hp dual VCO is shipped?.. eek! help

On the final note, ME WANT!!
lilakmonoke
a true work of art. i think all developers should get a whacky designer to design their panels, its what you have to look at after all. what exactly does the vco have to do with the summer of love?
burnn_out!
I like the panel design, its funny. There's more than enough plain silver/scienitific/sterile modules out there. Good work guys! Need moar demos thumbs up
abstraktor
er..DAISY synth modules? hihi
Mitchk1989
Something about the panel design makes it look huge, then I read it's only 2hp bigger than the dpo!

I will have some deciding to do...
seraphon
Is that a rainbow ribbon?

woah
yghartsyrt
I love it. The in Kent's thread were great and the panel design is really cute

Looking forward to it.

As others already asked: ?
exper
Pricing will really be the deciding factor here. It's apparently the year of the complex oscillator (I'm including the Rubicon/Dixie combo in here as well)...

So if the the DPO was at first said to be between 500-600, digital oscs are around 500 and the Rubicon/ Dixie combo comes in around 620, what's this going to be?

Now you can argue that each offering had unique abilities, so you cnt go feature for feature other than the fact that you'll get complex fm sounds from all.
nuttymad
Any chance of a run without the graphics?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 1 of 32