MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Banana Question
sascha.victoria
On the Charles Cohen Buchla video he has some nifty banana things that plug 2 adjacent jacks together.

http://vimeo.com/902069

Is this pretty much the same thing he's using? Has anyone used this or a similar item with a Serge?

http://www.testpath.com/Items/Double-Banana-Plug-with-Shorting-Bar-Sta cking-Black-114-980.htm

I just got my first Serge panel last week and I think something like that would be pretty useful in terms of managing the cable jungle.
prscrptn
Yes, they are the same thing... thumbs up

I don't know how well they work with a Serge, but they are very handy for close patches on a Buchla, (ie. between a 281e and 292e).
parasitk
Yep, you want a shorting bar/plug.

They're only going to work with jacks that are .75" apart, but that's the average/usual Serge vertical grid, so it works.
cebec
That's what I use and it comes in handy in several places, primarily for patching a DTG/DSG for cycle mode.
BananaPlug
They seem clever but I have a lot of 4" Pomona cables and find them to be a more universal solution. Having a separate thing that only works for jacks 0.75" apart seems counterproductive to me.
Randaleem
BananaPlug wrote:
They seem clever but I have a lot of 4" Pomona cables and find them to be a more universal solution. Having a separate thing that only works for jacks 0.75" apart seems counterproductive to me.

Hi BP,

For serge use, I'd agree. The dual bananjacks are at their apex in designes planning for their use. I.e., Buchla. Like the music easel. When they are planned into the design, their utility is greatly increased.

Kind regards, Randal

Side question: could you confirm for me that the serge panel mounting screws are .25" 6.34mm in from the panel edge? Or are they .188" in from the top and bottom edge of the panel? (screw heads 6-1/2" or 6-5/8" apart?)PM me?
sascha.victoria
cebec wrote:
That's what I use and it comes in handy in several places, primarily for patching a DTG/DSG for cycle mode.

thats exactly what i was thinking.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1