MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack Case Stand
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Eurorack Case Stand
mrcharles
Greetings, all.

I'm looking to get some sort of stand to hold my case to make it easier to work the knobs and otherwise get intimate with it.

I'm looking to use it comfortably seated (not standing).

I've a Monorocket 9C case currently sitting on my desktop.

I've found this at the local GC store... anyone with other recommendations?
What I like... adjustable tilt and brackets to clamp onto the case...

seank
i think some dudes use guitar combo amp stands. kinda like these:

http://www.sweetwater.com/c628--Guitar_Amp_Stands

i'm into this idea too. it'd be nice to have it set up for a live situation like that.
qu.one
Amp stand is great for the floor, but a small A frame guitar stand works with some cases on tables/desks.
Gbeam

I was searching for a while for a portable table for my case, I settled for this old projector stand, folds up flat, pretty sturdy with a handle and the perfect height for my steel guitar
mrcharles
The amp and guitar stands I've seen don't offer tilt adjustment... I see that as the greatest compromise with those designs.

An on-desk guitar stand may work... but I'll have to lower my desk to bring it down to a comfortable level. I may have to find a small desk that is the right height to make it work... maybe a rugged child's tilt-top desk might work.

I'll keep searching and thanks to all for their feedback so far...
kuxaan-sum
I use this and it is perfect for my 12u.
Has adjustable tilt:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-Pro-Tiltback-Amp-Stand-102 551710-i1276263.gc?source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=589360103
mrcharles
kuxann-sum... that looks pretty good! I missed that one.

One more question... how high is the bottom of the "L-seat" from the ground? I looked on the On-Stage website and couldn't find any dimension for above-ground height. Also, it looks to be a fixed height stand, right?
kuxaan-sum
It is fixed based on bottom (back) leg slant. I don't know height off hand it probably is around 55cm high. I find it perfect for the various chairs I use in the studio and when playing out. (This is relative to my height/ chairs...I am 5'8)

I use with a 12u and 9u monorocket case and it keeps top rows in easy reach. If you need it higher it would not be hard to find something to place under legs. I use the small bit of space on bottoms of left and right L arms for draping patch cords over.

GuitarCenter usually has these out on display....
Paranormal Patroler
mrcharles, can you give me more specs on the first post photo? It looks cool to have around.
Cadence
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
mrcharles, can you give me more specs on the first post photo? It looks cool to have around.

I've been looking at something like this as well but I have concerns about it tipping over. Perhaps I'm just a bit paranoid with my 9U. I currently have it sitting flat on a rolling cart and that puts all the controls at a slightly lower than standard desk height.

I've also considered having it upright on a desk as well but I've grown very accustom to it laying flat which I feel allows for easy patching and no need to be concerned with it tipping.
Paranormal Patroler
Is it a V - I cadence? lol (lame joke I know)

I have my 9u on a desk and I don't see it tipping in any way. But I've built a really nice stand to accommodate two 9u cases and I'd love to have that on a trailer like the one pictured above.

Any info would be really appreciated.
Paranormal Patroler
Well, I'm providing my own info then: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/on-stage-stands-mix-400-aud io-mixer-stand
newgreyarea
I've used that rolling stand in the OP with my Monorocket 9U. Worked great.
Paranormal Patroler
Doesn't seem to be available in Europe unfortunately. Is it adjustable to accommodate a 9u case and more? Damn. It would sure come in handy with this setup I've built:

mrcharles
Paranormal patroller... I was out for the afternoon but I see you found the stand pictured in my original post. I like the look of the two case stand... I might come up with an adjustable design similar to this... I will ponder the possibilities. Thanks to all for your inputs!

I'm glad to hear the mix400 stand is stable...
Paranormal Patroler
Would you be so kind as to send one over to Europe? I've even found 'em on Amazon but no one is shipping them over. cry
jafbox
Doesn't seem to be available in Europe unfortunately. Is it adjustable to accommodate a 9u case and more? Damn. It would sure come in handy with this setup I've built:

ill take two of these please w00t
Paranormal Patroler
Really easy to build em yourself mate. And the size/length is stupidly easy to figure out based on the picture above.

Just measure your case. thumbs up
jafbox
Really easy to build em yourself mate. And the size/length is stupidly easy to figure out based on the picture above.

Just measure your case. thumbs up

hmmm, a friend has one of those circular saws. maybe ill give it a go.
Paranormal Patroler
You do that. And if wood isn't your thing a carpenter can easily make 'em for you really really cheap. The tricky part is the connectors on the back.

You'll need three of them to make it stable (as in the picture). But they don't need to be metallic.

jafbox
You do that. And if wood isn't your thing a carpenter can easily make 'em for you really really cheap. The tricky part is the connectors on the back.

You'll need three of them to make it stable (as in the picture). But they don't need to be metallic.

oh cool, was wondering how it was supported in the back. great simple design.

thanks! SlayerBadger!
Paranormal Patroler
Credit to where credit's due

http://synthesizerart.blogspot.gr/2011/10/dual-doepfer-lc9-case-stand- v1-design.html
ersatzplanet
I thought of a design that was like Paranormal posted but think of a curved panel with a stop at the end. The first case would slide down to the stop and the second would slide down to it, etc etc. I have a bunch of Doepfer portable cases and wanted something more ergonomic than just stacking them =on each other. The advantage is that it would not have to be custom made to the case depth. I was going to try and make it out of some metal strips I had laying around - a sort of proof of concept - but never got around to it and went another direction. If I get a second I will make a rendering or drawing to show what I mean.
Paranormal Patroler
Hey James. Your ideas are usually good so I for one would love to see what you have in mind.

As for the above design (which isn't my idea), I found it really practical so I went ahead and did it myself. It's a really good way of stacking Doepfer 9u cases and it works really well when then second pair of 9u cases comes along thumbs up

I'm eagerly awaiting for that rendering of yours.
ersatzplanet
Hey James. Your ideas are usually good so I for one would love to see what you have in mind.

As for the above design (which isn't my idea), I found it really practical so I went ahead and did it myself. It's a really good way of stacking Doepfer 9u cases and it works really well when then second pair of 9u cases comes along thumbs up

I'm eagerly awaiting for that rendering of yours.

well here isn't a rendering but a quick sketch of the initial idea I had. It was for a portable tabletop stand based on those stands you sometimes see decorative plates displayed on - only bigger and more sturdy of course.

As you can see I have added a back piece to make it a little wider in back but that is not strictly necessary. The tripod is one of the most stable designs there is - 3 legs will always find a level where four may wobble. The plate stands just hinge in the back in one place. The goal st the time was for a stand that would fold flat for transport. In the studio you could of course make a more permanent arrangement. The curve idea is only there so you can stack uneven sized pieces if your rig was mixed - 6U, 3U and 9U could all stack on top of each other if they have a similar depth. They would slide along the curve and stack on each other held by gravity and the lower edge. I had some aluminum 2" wide rails that I planned on bending into a curve since and supported on the ends since I didn't have access to a band saw to cut a curve in wood but if you knew you were going to use particular cases of particular heights than you could cut straight sections that were close. It would still work. It was just another idea that I had that never went anywhere...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3