MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta Cubase setup
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Volta Cubase setup
os
Well, I resisted this long...

you could just try Silent Way instead, which runs as a VST natively.

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html
auricle
os wrote:
Well, I resisted this long...

you could just try Silent Way instead, which runs as a VST natively.

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html

smile

I know about Silent Way. I might get it for Cubase use as it's very cheap and keep Volta for Ableton Live (or until MOTU accidentally stumbles across the hundreds of requests to make a VST version of Volta).
Analog>Plugins
I don't think MOTU will ever do a vst version huh?

I'm using Expert Sleepers at the moment for Cubase which works really well. Not as mature yet as Volta but certainly getting there with the updates.

Calibrates really easy as well, seems to lock to any waveform I throw at it for calibration.
auricle
Analog>Plugins wrote:
I don't think MOTU will ever do a vst version huh?

I'm using Expert Sleepers at the moment for Cubase which works really well. Not as mature yet as Volta but certainly getting there with the updates.

Calibrates really easy as well, seems to lock to any waveform I throw at it for calibration.

That's good news. Perhaps some healthy competition will spur MOTU along. If Expert Sleepers does the same thing but costs a lot less and is compatible with more hosts and platforms then it's really a no-brainer for the customer.

I've found that MOTU are pretty much Mac-centric and don't spend half the amount of effort trying to get things working well for PC. I would just like a VST version for Cubase Mac.
1nput0utput
auricle wrote:
I've found that MOTU are pretty much Mac-centric and don't spend half the amount of effort trying to get things working well for PC. I would just like a VST version for Cubase Mac.

Didn't MOTU just put out a bunch of Windows driver updates for all of their audio hardware? I think I saw them on their website.
auricle
1nput0utput wrote:
auricle wrote:

Didn't MOTU just put out a bunch of Windows driver updates for all of their audio hardware? I think I saw them on their website.

If you look at the Windows section of MOTUNation forum, you'll see people who complain of bugs and decreasing performance because of the new drivers. When I was on Windows XP, I kept the original drivers supplied with my Ultralite Mk3 because I got worse performance with the newer drivers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2