MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Information and Purchasing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Serge Information and Purchasing
transferpoint
Hey guys where do you buy your serge panels from? I've been looking online but can only find that serge-fans website with no links.

Can you guys hook it up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
Edited to make things easier (1/10):

Rex (262) 367-3030

Serge Fans (Unofficial Homepage)
Carbon111's User Page
sascha.victoria
You have to call Rex. The number is on the Serge Fans Site but here it is again.

For more information and catalog call Sound Transform Systems at:
(262) 367-3030 (vox)
parasitk
We need to sticky a thread with this info, it gets asked A LOT around here.
sandyb
parasitk wrote:
We need to sticky a thread with this info, it gets asked A LOT around here.

thumbs up
transferpoint
didn't mean to make a sticky dude... muff... a little help? hihi
transferpoint
262 ?!!!

Damn, I live in madison, Wi. I know wiard is (or was?) based out of the milwaukee area but serge too?

Are they related at all?
prscrptn
edit.
sandyb
transferpoint wrote:
didn't mean to make a sticky dude... muff... a little help? hihi

don't worry! i made it a sticky. good to have the information in an obvious place as it does get asked fairly frequently.

sandy
cebec
transferpoint wrote:
262 ?!!!

Damn, I live in madison, Wi. I know wiard is (or was?) based out of the milwaukee area but serge too?

Are they related at all?

Hartland, WI. Nope, not related but I think they talk from time to time...
transferpoint
sandyb wrote:

don't worry! i made it a sticky. good to have the information in an obvious place as it does get asked fairly frequently.

sandy

Thanks sandy b!
shamann
Does anyone know the reasoning behind having no real web presence for STS?

Not saying it's a bad thng, just that it's a bit unusual when compared to every other manufacturer.
mono-poly
Because serge didn't need adverts for the past 30 years.
confusional
Redacted.
confusional
Redacted.
transferpoint
To a degree I agree with you however having a website could only benefit STS.

Either way... there is a certain intimacy a serge owner must feel with the company due to this form of minimal advertising. It is neat that he has survived solely on reputation and word of mouth alone.
parasitk
I think generally speaking Serge-Fans.com sits in the role of a semi-official website, and Carbon111's website fills in the gaps as a Serge user. The only thing that would be nice is to know the current prices without having to make a call – for me I'd rather call when I'm ready to make a purchase, not a year in advance! razz
confusional
Redacted.
J.w.M.
How about Serge repairs? Does anyone have recommendations for people who have some experience getting Serge systems back into good condition? CalArts has a Serge modular synth (pictured below) that's in need of some repairs. I think it might just be a case of replacing some pots and some jacks, but with a system like this, I might want to relegate that task to someone with a good bit of familiarity with working with and repairing Serge systems. Any infor at all would be appreciated!

parasitk
J.w.M. wrote:

Woah how come I've never seen a pic of this system before? Dead Banana

This almost makes me want to do my DIY panels in black.
smitty
J.w.M. wrote:
How about Serge repairs? Does anyone have recommendations for people who have some experience getting Serge systems back into good condition?

I think you might consider Kevin Fortune. He used to work with Rex in Oakland, and flies out to help him when he gets really swamped. I don't know his contact info, but give Rex a call. I'm pretty sure he still lives in the SF Bay Area.
cebec
eek! It's the Black Serge! we're not worthy

Here's more information. I thought it was only on Darrel Johansen's long gone page but it happens to be right here.
http://www.serge-fans.com/history_4.htm

Don't forget the Blue Serge, too!

parasitk
Cool read, thanks Cebec! I've seen the blue one before, but never this black one!
jetsetcrash
man it's not easy to search on here is it!
DedMousie
Rex has promised to get with me shortly to provide the most current pricing on Shop Panels and some other stuff for www.serge-fans.com. Will let you folks know when things have been updated.
Audio Resistance
Howdy, and welcome on your first post.

Thanks, for the heads up.

I do not think your prices are really that off from what I remember. Although the S-case and M-case are not represented yet.

Such an informative site however, I am always staring at it trying to plan my next purchase.

Cheers,
Rob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5