MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Steely Dan
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Author Steely Dan
wavecircle
sienisetä
That. is. a stunning case! Nice 606, too. This is fun!
Babaluma
thought this thread was going to be about william burroughs, dildoes, or the american band (of which i'm a huge fan). but nice case though! lol
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Babaluma wrote:
...the american band (of which i'm a huge fan)...

Hey, we DO have something in common after all!
Babaluma
yeah, i grew up listening to them, my dad's a huge fan. i like "can't buy a thrill" the most, never heard such tight/feel/funk as on "do it again". how did they do that? "aja" and "gaucho" are great too, but i hate the way they've become the audiophile's choice in best sound.
richard
A much misunderstood band who always retained the feel of an incredibly tight band playing however far they went towards songwriting and production perfection. My friend calls them the Jewish Beatles (meant in veneration) hihi

oh, nice case Ross too Mr. Green
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Babaluma wrote:
yeah, i grew up listening to them, my dad's a huge fan. i like "can't buy a thrill" the most, never heard such tight/feel/funk as on "do it again". how did they do that? "aja" and "gaucho" are great too, but i hate the way they've become the audiophile's choice in best sound.

I listen to all my music on my mp3 player in the car, so sound quality isn't that important to me. Steely Dan is probably the one band I've been listening to since my early teens which never goes off my playlist. They got me into jazz -- a lifelong passion.

My favorite album is probably Katy Lied (even though it sounds the worst of the bunch, much to the disappointment of Steely Dan themselves). Aja, Doctor Wu, Daddy Don't Live in NYC, and Your Gold Teeth II are probably my favorite songs of all time.

If you haven't heard it, you might want to check out Walter Becker's 11 Tracks of Whack. Much of the music has the feel of a demo, but there are a few awesome songs on there -- Junkie Girl, Surf and/or Die, and Girlfriend definitely stand out for me. Junkie Girl is another one of my all time favorite songs.
Babaluma
cool, will do. donald fagen's "nightfly" is of course a classic too.
missingtwin
oh yes, this case looks amazing. I keep looking over to the right.
What is that thing ontop of the KRK speaker. It's a mystery.
wavecircle
missingtwin wrote:
oh yes, this case looks amazing. I keep looking over to the right.
What is that thing ontop of the KRK speaker. It's a mystery.

It's a Sony D50 portable field recorder.
jlunn
Big fan myself
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ross Lamond Designs  
Page 1 of 1