MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I love the Plague Bearer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author I love the Plague Bearer.
thetwlo
it's likely my most used module for audio or CV.
It's simple, So much gain it sends crazy shit CV or audio, even without an input.
So simple and cheap and unique, still a classic.
I have the original dual version, tempted by the new.
nrdvrgr
Amen!

Using it for audio is a given, but running CV through it is very interesting and does really wierd (and useful) stuff. A classic indeed.
boramx
Yes i suppose i love it too
chvad
got two and love em!
jimmyedgar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECi_t5flKCs
burnn_out!
I got a quad plague that either stays tied up to my d1000 or vostok. SlayerBadger! nanners SlayerBadger!
numan7
Lotsa Love i has 4 & could still use moar!

cheers
hawklord2112
i just got rid of mine..

never thought to try it for CV

Dead Banana
Ciciliani
PB rules!
myrnaloy
I am not sure i am "in love" with my plague bearer but i certainly do make regular booty calls to her and when i do, she is there, needy and eager to please.
mhtones
I love my PB too! I mentioned it in another thread, but I really rediscovered the PB when I got a hold of my Choices joystick. The choices makes the PB so much more controllable and makes it so easy to dial in the sweet spots. Lately, the PB has been sitting out of my case, but it's waiting for the opportunity to get back in the first string lineup. thumbs up
supergregg
I adore it. A favorite trick is to feed the out back to the in and modulate the high or low with a Maths envelope for sweet whale moan bass tones.
Haven't tried it with processing cv's yet.
matttech
nrdvrgr wrote:
Amen!

Using it for audio is a given, but running CV through it is very interesting and does really wierd (and useful) stuff. A classic indeed.

wow...that's going on my "to do" list staright away! i love sending CVs through my a189 - that ends up creating the craziest shit i've ever heard. kind of "mad organist"-type solos and all sorts, all from a simple sine wave
matttech
supergregg wrote:
I adore it. A favorite trick is to feed the out back to the in and modulate the high or low with a Maths envelope for sweet whale moan bass tones.
Haven't tried it with processing cv's yet.

yup - that's pretty much what i do with it too. can never remember which way sounds best: hi gain and low input, or vice versa....or maybe they both sound good. pretty sure certain settings really jump out as doing much more extravagent things than others. i always get confused about which way the cvsswing the Hi and Low filters....and where to set them initially. i genrally get something pretty damn mad out of it in the end though.

tell you what, the combination of the PB and the pittsburgh filter in osc mode is utterly demented.
kimu
i love it too. have to buy another one!

SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo
humancertainty
I'm finishing my second row with one of these next month.
Cat-A-Tonic
The Plague Bearer does an excellent job simulating storm noise when heavily modulated at the right settings.

It is also really good at physical ripping sounds.

I still admire DGtom's rubber drums plague patch.
I haven't figured that part out yet.

2 PBs in series with feedback is the key for me.

Aside from those patches I'm still at a loss.
It isn't all that nice for static processing; it just makes things sound dry, sandy, worse.
Healthy doses of modulation are required to get interesting sounds out of it.

It definitely takes some exploring,
and reading the manual helps.
thetwlo
Well, I think one half of my original dual PB is fucked in a great way--when input is all the way down the GAIN is a beautiful screaming noise! barely turn input up and it's a normal PB. So great, especially as a mod source. I don't think it's right, but would like another like it.
Cybananna
pelage bearer is the all time best!
rezzn8r
hawklord2112 wrote:
i just got rid of mine.

woah waah

matttech wrote:
can never remember which way sounds best: hi gain and low input, or vice versa...

I'm a big fan of Gain at min, Input Level at max thumbs up

Much love here for the Plague Bearer. One of my Metalbox 8008 Bass Drums is almost always plugged into my PB. I could definitely use a 2nd.
Soy Sos
Yup, a classic for sure.
mhtones
mhtones wrote:
I love my PB too! I mentioned it in another thread, but I really rediscovered the PB when I got a hold of my Choices joystick. The choices makes the PB so much more controllable and makes it so easy to dial in the sweet spots. Lately, the PB has been sitting out of my case, but it's waiting for the opportunity to get back in the first string lineup. thumbs up

Heh heh, first time quoting myself... but had to share the PB is back in the case! It's motherfucking bacon yo
SubliminalSandwich
At first i wasnt convinced.. i suppose i approached iit from a traditional filter standpoint..

I was going to sell it, so i thought... "i'l spend a session sampling the shit out of it first"

Linked it up to an Atoner and Maths, nothing devious or complicated and in 10 minutes i knew i couldnt get rid.. smile its all in the gain structure.. i see now...
SubliminalSandwich
Just tried a sequencer through it.. we're not worthy

And i thought my Synthi Filter was so nice and gentle.. Dead Banana

There's more to this plague than meets the eye..
modeerf
jimmyedgar wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECi_t5flKCs

This is so bad-ass, I'd love to know more about whats happening here. Love the sounds, I think you just sold me on one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1