MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module Announcement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RC1radiostar
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Module Announcement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RC1radiostar
soundmachines
Dear All,
I hope to give you some interesting news this sunday.
The following 3 (three) images are the teasers (well, that's pretty an understatement!) of the module that's currently in development.

Its name is RC1radiostar, and will make people happy about having a bluetooth slate, phone, whatelse in their hand and does want to connect to a modular WITHOUT having to carry a PC and a multi-ouput, expensive audio interface.

I'll just leave those slides here for a couple of days... smile Feel free to ask questions!!

What it is:
-cv source
-sequencer syncable (master and slave) cv source
-multi pattern 16 track (8gates outs (seq)
-open source communication protocol (over BT)
-a couple of apps will be available (android and iOS)
-YES! you can use your 85$ tablet to control your modular!!!
-YES! you can also use that beautiful iPAD.
-YES! you can use your phone accelerometer to change seq patterns or filter cutoff freq or SoS feedback or WTF?
-YES! you can have more than one (don't tell anyone, yet)

What is not:
-audio interface
-audio rate modulation source
-expensive thumbs up

Planned release: late November/ December.
May the Force be with You.

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Drunk Banana

I'll respond to what modu:link is later..... hmmm.....
Matos
What!!! Brain officially blown! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
weinglas
Holy sh*t MY ASS IS BLEEDING
burnn_out!
WOW!! Seriously WTF! CRAZY Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana something wonderful Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat. Bop! Never maintain cash savings again Wow! jawdrop
demorgan
Well done. applause
vav
Oh cool smile
numan7
o fuk yaz!!!!!!!!!!!! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana!

cheers
paulstone
interesting Mr. Green
Hi5
Finally!!
Maybe I will get that damn smartphone or tablet yet!

$$ and HP please Mr. Green
ersatzplanet
What software will use it? OSC?
mmelnick
Looks awesome. I wish I could use my iphone 4 but i'm probably getting an Ipad for my wife soon so this will justify that purchase. What do you think this thing will sell for? I'm kinda thinking it will be expensive although it says not expensive lol
monstrinho
So, will you be making an API available for app development? Will this be able to communicate with both OSC and MIDI over Bluetooth? This thing looks amazingly cool. Not just thinking outside the box, it's like you didn't even know there was a box!! Love the panel design as well.
mckenic
hmmm.....
lessavyfav
FTW! Such a great great idea! So much potential, hoping for a dedicated app.

Not that it isn't already looking killer but... Any chance it could read/respond to/manipulate incoming signals? Bluetooth scope? Voltmeter? Fully customizable Quantizer?
VortexRanger
If it has a dedicated app, and my phone upgrade comes in time (I'm still on iPhone 4 for now) then I'm in!
numan7
meh maybe it's time for you to upgrade to android, vortex ranger! hihi

cheers
weinglas
HP and power consumption please? And maybe hotter Gates?

This together with a format jumbler in a Doepfer Mini Case would be interesting for the 5u and Banana people, too!
Scaff
No iphone4 support???? meh
Nuuj
Finally, I've been expecting this for years.
What are the frequency limits for the cv outputs?
ekwipt

+ this!
chrisp
sorry but MY ASS IS BLEEDING !!!!!!

when?!!!!!!!!! SlayerBadger!
soundmachines
Hi5 wrote:
Finally!!
Maybe I will get that damn smartphone or tablet yet!

$$ and HP please Mr. Green

it's a 24HP (for now, PCB designed is not done).
Regarding pricing I'm trying to have it in the 300/400€ range.
Much depends on the development economics here. Firmware is NOT simple and as the module concept is completely new, don't know what could be the market numbers.. 100? 200? or 10 per year? smile
soundmachines
ersatzplanet wrote:
What software will use it? OSC?

OSC is one of the options.
Frankly I am not aware of any "OSC over BT" implementation but starting from simple, I could easily envision a OSC over SPP profile and mapping everything there why not? The protocol we are designing is very open.
Then, all of us together would have to convince the guys at TouchOSC and Lemur to open this new channel!!!!!!!!!!!
It's motherfucking bacon yo
soundmachines
monstrinho wrote:
So, will you be making an API available for app development? Will this be able to communicate with both OSC and MIDI over Bluetooth? This thing looks amazingly cool. Not just thinking outside the box, it's like you didn't even know there was a box!! Love the panel design as well.

Yeah the concept is to get rid of any boxes between you and your synth.
Probably we will be going 'multi protocol' (as we did with the bluetooth part... as of today there are no simple implementation of BT4.0 dual mode!) starting with a trasnparent protocol over SPP, up to OSC.
The protocol will be open, to encourage development of software (and hardware!!!!!!) to control RC1.
A physical MIDI expansion, with a 6hp panel, will be easily added.

Davide
soundmachines
Scaff wrote:
No iphone4 support???? meh

It's Apple's fault, not ours smile

I am absolutely not interested in doing the MFi certification stuff (again).

Cheers,
Davide
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2