MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pre-drilled aluminum?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Pre-drilled aluminum?
MrDys
I could have sworn that I saw at one time or another Doepfer selling pre-drilled 4HP plates that had 8 jack/knob/pushbutton holes pre-drilled in 'em. Am I making shit up or is that something that actually exists (can't seem to find it on the site...)? I'd really like to not have to go FPE if there's something like that around...
consumed
havent seen that. i know blacet sells predrilled blanks though

you can do it yourself though! you just need a center punch and a unibit (and hand drill)
you can screw the panel down to a piece of scrapwood to do the work on it
the rest is just you making marks where you need em (graph paper rocks)
otherwise, an FPE panel will set you back under $20

the problem with a predrilled panel is that you'll
- need to bore out the holes for the part you're using anyway, which will require a unibit
- have holes where you're got no parts

you can always paper over the panel with your own graphics too
sandyb
MrDys wrote:
I could have sworn that I saw at one time or another Doepfer selling pre-drilled 4HP plates that had 8 jack/knob/pushbutton holes pre-drilled in 'em. Am I making shit up or is that something that actually exists (can't seem to find it on the site...)? I'd really like to not have to go FPE if there's something like that around...

there are - just fairly well hidden. go to the main page on the doepfer site and choose "specials" from the menu on the left. 4hp and 8hp drilled panels are at the bottom of the module prototypes section.

sandy
MrDys
Awesome, I'm not delusional. (Eh...that's kind of up for debate, I guess...)

I might end up going the custom route anyway, depending on the volume I end up producing...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1