MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unitor 8 power cord?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Unitor 8 power cord?
npho
Can anyone point me in the direction to a unitor 8 power adapter? mine doesnt work anymore.
1nput0utput
Doesn't it use a simple DC power adapter? (If I recall correctly, the AMT8 does, so I would expect that the Unitor models do as well.) If it does, then all you have to do is find one with the same specs: output voltage, output current, and polarity. Most devices will tolerate some variance in voltage or current, although you risk damaging the interface if you use a power supply with the wrong polarity.

For instance, if the Unitor 8 shipped with a 9VDC 0.5A power adapter, it would probably work reasonably well with a 10VDC supply if that's all you can find. Don't substitute tip positive for tip negative or vice versa unless you're absolutely certain that the interface can accept either polarity. (I have a MOTU audio interface that can use either a tip positive or tip negative power supply according to the manual.)
npho
it worked. i tried my seagate hard-drives' powercord on it, it worked. i just need to order another one now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1