MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can the Plague Bearer act as regular old Low Pass Filter?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Can the Plague Bearer act as regular old Low Pass Filter?
Demi Jon
I looooove what I've heard of the Plague Bearer in the demos. It sounds like a fantastic FSU module. But how does it function as a regular LPF? Can it do classic/subtle as well as gonzo/nutso, i.e., can I get a nice round cut off with thick low end resonance before it cuts out to complete silence?

If this module can perform standard filter duties AS WELL as being an awesome noise-maker, then I'm all over it. My Wasp filter in my skiff is not nearly as gritty as I'd hoped but it is lovely. My band's music oscillates between loud/distorted and quiet/delicate so I'd like something that can do both. I'll move the Wasp outta the skiff to my main 6U if the PB is a good replacement.

Any demos or opinions would be most welcome.

PS I thought I'd already posted this as a new topic, but it seems to have disappeared, so if it shows up suddenly as a double new post then I apologise.
CursedFrogurt
Nope.
Demi Jon
CursedFrogurt wrote:
Nope.

Hmmm. Not even close?
CursedFrogurt
Demi Jon wrote:
CursedFrogurt wrote:
Nope.

Hmmm. Not even close?

You get filtering action, and when you apply modulation it starts to sound more filtery with the resonance sweeping around, but it's pretty unsatisfying if approached as a conventional filter. I think it is something of a mutant bandpass filter. The high corner freq. adjustment gives you lowpass-like cutoff control, but it is tied to resonance as well.

It's definitely not all about balls out distortion and fsu, and can be quite subtle, but there's nothing conventional about it.
computer controlled
Yeah, def not for standard filtering. Calling it a filter is a bit misleading really. I mean, it IS a filter, technically. But not your conventional VCF. Also, the High is actually low pass, and the Low is actually Hi-Pass.

But, don't forget, there are no rules thumbs up
polytoxicommander
can anybody pls explain "FSU"?
computer controlled
FSU = Fuck Shit Up

=o]
Demi Jon
Right -- I might have to go for something like the Polivoks? Something very dirty and unstable, but still a filter. Whaddaya reckon? All respect to FoH -- PB sounds terrific, but at heart I still need a VCF/LPF.
computer controlled
The Polivoks is indeed a dirty and unstable VCF =o] One of my faves!
CursedFrogurt
Don't forget the synthacon filter!
Soy Sos
Love the Plague Bearer, I have 2 of them.
It is as described above.
Agreed, the Harvestman Poliviks will get you there.
Bumply
The blue lantern diode is pretty nasty and unstable.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1