MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Finally ordered my Buchla!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Finally ordered my Buchla!
Oxix52
Yes, I sent off the deposit today. I called in the order and they told me the system would be ready in two months. I have been looking forward to this for about 2 years. I also have a Zeroscillator on order. hyper

Details:
201e-18 Powered Cabinet
225e MIDI Decoder/Preset Manager
227e System Interface
261e Complex Waveform Generator
266e Source of Uncertainty
281e Quad Function Generator
291e Triple Morphing Filter
292e Quad Dynamics Manager
201e-SC18 Shipping Case
panda30y
Very nice start to a buchla system. Better start ticking off those days on the calendar. When you bore of this system in 30 - 40 years from now, I suppose I'll be gracious enough to take it off of your hands. I'm not above hand me downs. thumbs up
booger
how much for the buchla (if you don't mind me asking)?
transferpoint
www.buchla.com - look at the pricelist
science
Congrats. Add a 258v to that order and you have the system I've got coming thumbs up
Oxix52
I plan on adding a 3rd oscillator by the time the cabinet is full. I will decide later if I want another 261 or if maybe I want to add a 3rd flavor such as the 258v. This is what I plan on adding over time:

another oscillator
250e
285e
210e
222e

There are other modules that I would be very interested in but they won't all fit in the cabinet. After I fill the cabinet, if I want to keep going, I will probably start on a 4 or 6 space enclosure and add modules.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you could connect two cabinets so that the one 225e can remember settings for both. Is this true or is it just my imagination?
Lyonel
Congratulations Oxix52 w00t
momo
Happy for you! Mr. Green
i would add a 259e when its available oe another 261e,the 258v is a bit expensive for a DiY module imo.
xart
Oxix52 wrote:
they told me the system would be ready in two months.

lol

lol!
momo
I suppose an estimate is pretty open ended. Lyonel and Oxis52 are the test cases. I'll be watching your progress with great interest...

Mr. Green
xart
w00t
prscrptn
Congradulations! thumbs up
prscrptn
Oxix52 wrote:
I called in the order and they told me the system would be ready in two months.

Don is pretty accurate on his time estimates. Your system will arrive sooner than you think... thumbs up

Oxix52 wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere that you could connect two cabinets so that the one 225e can remember settings for both. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

You can recall up to 24 modules with one 225e; however the secondary case would need to be connected to the main buss system.
Lyonel
xart wrote:
11 months and counting. thumbs up

You scare me xart...
no news ? huh?
xart
prscrptn wrote:

You can recall up to 24 modules with one 225e; however the secondary case would need to be connected to the main buss system.

I hate to talk about things I have no direct knowledge ov...but what the hell everyone's an expert on Teh Muff Interwebs Forum...

My sekret special sources tell me that this should work in theory...but in Practice this may be/was a problem...

I would 'guess' that is why the 2 boat systems on the new-ish buchla url have the 225e and 206e.
momo
prscrptn wrote:

Interesting to know this. I wonder if B&A would ever consider a 24 panel cabinet. three rows of eight, keeping the present cabinet's folding design intact or four rows of six.

As I understand it, they will sell the power boards only, though I'm unsure if this extends to 200 owners wishing to incorporate 200e modules in the same cabinet for presets. If not I suppose one could manufacture their own 24 panel cabinet. These days it seems all too easy to fully load an 18 panel cabinet and that's before considering third party modules!
xart
Lyonel wrote:
xart wrote:
11 months and counting. thumbs up

You scare me xart...

Don't be scared.
Whatever your wait is it will be worth it. I am just happy Don is building the things for us to make our stoopid synthetik banjo + bongo musicks with. It makes me feel as though I'm privy to sekret avant-garden informations that other modular nerds are not. f u
Lyonel
You scare me... but always make me smile 8_)
ndkent
2012 wrote:
i would add a 259e when its available oe another 261e,the 258v is a bit expensive for a DiY module imo.

I'd say the lack of "e" features on the 258v or the Cyndustries would be a bigger factor than price. then again some people don't care for the "e" features

As for expensive, like you could get a 258 these days for the price of a 258v

Oh and I have 4 modules now, 5 more and a case on order, only one, maybe two were actually delivered within 2 months. Right now one is going on 7 months.
Oxix52
ndkent wrote:
2012 wrote:

I'd say the lack of "e" features on the 258v or the Cyndustries would be a bigger factor than price. then again some people don't care for the "e" features

As for expensive, like you could get a 258 these days for the price of a 258v

Oh and I have 4 modules now, 5 more and a case on order, only one, maybe two were actually delivered within 2 months. Right now one is going on 7 months.

Are you having the modules sent to you as they become available? I know that the 222e is one of those "wait forever" items, but which others(or do all) have such a tremendous waiting period? Well, whatever the wait, I will be patient. It will be worth it.
ndkent
I've been writing on all my emails and letters for my orders please send whatever is available, don't hold up shipping for something delayed.

I talked to Don around the end of May. Back then he sounded like he'd be shipping, but that didn't happen.
550b
Oxix52 wrote:
I called in the order and they told me the system would be ready in two months.

Congratulations! w00t

I sent my deposit during the last week of March, and was quoted four months. I'll find out in the next few weeks how accurate this is, but I'm really not worried about it. It will be ready when it is ready, and completely worth the wait.

Two-month delivery quotes might be an encouraging sign that Buchla production is going strong, though.....
science
I was also told 2 months, about 3 weeks after I sent my deposit in. I'll know late next month if that was accurate... but I'm guessing it isn't.

I'm trying to just forget I ordered it at this point, to stop time from slowing to a halt.
momo
I look forward to a lot of these 'just ordered' threads turning into 'just taken delivery of' Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2