Can I use a 12 Volt psu with the Kommander ?

Discussion and support for KOMA Elektronik effects pedals, eurorack gear and all the other stuff we do...

Moderators: Kent, osterchrisi

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Can I use a 12 Volt psu with the Kommander ?

Post by amsonx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 am

I've received today mu Koma Kommander but I'havent a 9 V Boss style PSU so but 've a bunch 12 V 500 (or more ) PSU an i like know if I can use thi PSU with the Kommander without damage it
FS (EU) Roland R8 MKII perfect condition

richard wrote:
"we just need some mutlinational to grab the copyrights over the sine wave and we are all fucked"

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:32 am

I've yet resolved finding the right PSU

richard wrote:
"we just need some mutlinational to grab the copyrights over the sine wave and we are all fucked"

Matos
Modular masturbator

Post by Matos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Just to jump and bump, I have a boss adaptor 9v but it's only 200a. Will that kill my babies?

osterchrisi
Common Wiggler

Post by osterchrisi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:18 am

Hey guys, I wouldn't try the Kommander with a 12V PSU as I know from one part that it will blow up with 99% certainty and the unit would be unusable.

As for the 200mA PSU I can't tell you exactly as I don't know the 'real' specs (the label doesn't always have to be right) nor how it is built inside. But if you have bad luck you could actually kill your PSU as the Kommander would try to suck too much current out of it. Could also work without problems, hard to say from here!

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:40 am

osterchrisi wrote:Hey guys, I wouldn't try the Kommander with a 12V PSU as I know from one part that it will blow up with 99% certainty and the unit would be unusable.
thanks a lot :) as I wrote I've found a right PSU

richard wrote:

Return to “KOMA Elektronik”