MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flower Electronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Flower Electronics
ex_dead_teenager
Anyone on here own a Little Boy Blue synth? what are your thoughts/impressions of this box, it looks like something I'd like to get but I don't know anyone who's ever used one.
ex_dead_teenager
Sound samples would be awsome! I've liked the ones I heard on their website but can't find many others. Do the VCOs track 1V/Octave?
flippantminister
i really really love mine. when i had to sell my euro rig, i picked one up so i could still have a patchable synth to play. i've only had it a couple of weeks now, but honestly, i prefer it to the bigger, more complex setup i used to have. it's very immediate. also, the range of sounds you can get out of it are a lot wider than the sound samples would lead you to believe. obviously there are a lot of things you can't do, but i find i can do enough. i really don't need too many options, i get lost in them! i enjoy the physicality of it too- i found that with my euro rig i tended not to tweak as much once i got a patch set up- i would have a lot of things controlling other things and then sit back and watch/listen- with the LBB i get a lot more involved with the sound.

will record and post some sound samples when i get a chance, possibly tonight. i cannot attest to whether or not the vcos track.
Ardilla
if you are into experimental stuff --> the "lbb" is the thing to look at thumbs up

compact design
modular flexibility
light blue ...hehehe...

yay, a great effekt....mmmhhmmm...

not cv norm --> no 1v/octave....

one of a kind..

aaaand it comes with pomona nanners

BAM!
insomniyack
I ordered a Little Boy Blue so I can try out the modular thing and see how I like it..
droolmaster0
Mine didn't come with pomona cables. It came with these really cheap shit banana cables that come apart really easily. they say that it's easy to put them back together, but I haven't found that. the product itself is extremely well made, though.
Ardilla
@ droolmaster0

http://flowerelectronics.com/docs/LBBTutorial_HighRes.pdf

at page 6, there's a short tutorial: repairing the banana cables

i hope this will help
droolmaster0
Pretty sure a couple of mine came apart at the end that they say to just screw back together. but I find that they just come apart again. I'd have to check for sure when I get home as to which end it was. I do have the manual printed out at home.
Ardilla
thumbs up

enjoy!

the plugs are made by pomona
droolmaster0
Ardilla wrote:
thumbs up

enjoy!

the plugs are made by pomona

I verified that mine came apart on the side that they say you can just twist back together. I was able to do that, but they just come apart again very easily.
droolmaster0
oh - by the way - I have way too much stuff right now, especially noisebox type synths. I'm going to try to do some thinking/testing this weekend and decide what to sell. There's a chance that I'll put this one up for sale. Very high quality stuff, but the question in my mind is how often I'll be using it now with my serge/modcan and now eurorack coming, plus all of the other little synths.
droolmaster0
ok - if you want one for $350 shipped, I'm selling mine. I'll put the official ad up in a bit. It's a couple of months old, and in perfect condition.
ex_dead_teenager
how are the patch cables? I have no bananas of my own yet.
droolmaster0
Well, they come apart pretty easily in my experience, and don't go back together as well as they say in the manual. this could just be my incompetence... I'd order some short pomona cables...
droolmaster0
If your question was in the context of possibly buying mine - if you don't have any banana cables, I'd be glad to include a few pomona cables with it to supplement the ones I have left of the originals.
suboptimal
My LBB patch cables come apart easily, too, and they don't seem to want to stay together once they're fixed. Not a huge problem since they're easy to repair, but annoying.
fluxmonkey
i've never had any trouble w/ my LBB patch cords coming apart. very cool little box...
syntactic
The LBB is a great little synth. I mainly use it as a processor/filter for my other synths. It makes the 606 snares harsh - almost a crash. Great for processing low-fi/found sounds sounds too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1